The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are the Playoffs Rigged? (Put on Your Tinfoil Hat, We're Going In...)

TOMapleLaughs

I can see Florida getting a cup soon too now that they have a new owner. 250 million reasons to believe that. The NHL would like another secure franchise in that area very, very much. Wouldn't shock me if they eventually try Atlanta again too.

Chicago and Dallas come to mind when you think of owners making an impact. Also the new leafs owner sure seems to have some "good luck" around him. Every team was sucking before and now they are doing okay.

Just saying when the cup is handed out it will all make sense to you. It will be the same as it has been since 1994. Check all the cup winners and you will be able to easily predict the type of team that will win.

Big Markets

• 1994 New York
  • 1995 New Jersey
  • 1996 Colarado
  • 1997 Detroit
  • 1998 Detroit
  • 2000 New Jersey
  • 2001 Colarado
  • 2002 Detroit
  • 2003 New Jersey
  • 2008 Detroit
  • 2009 Pittsburgh
  • 2010 Chicago
  • 2011 Boston
  • 2012 LA
  • 2013 Chicago
  • 2014 ?????

1. 15 of the last 19 seasons a big market team wins the cup that isn't Canadian.

2. every american original six team has won the the cup at least once since then with them accounting for 8 of the last 19 seasons

3. Four big market teams have won the cup at least twice

4. 75% chance a big market team wins the cup

Southern Expansion

• 1999 Dallas
  • 2004 Tampa Bay
  • 2006 Carolina
  • 2007 Anaheim
  • 2014 ?????

1. Florida, Nashville, San Jose only teams remaining that haven't won a cup from the south

2. Starting from 2004 for three straight years it was a southern expansion vs a Canadian team with the expansion winning every match

3. 4 of the last 19 seasons have been won by a southern expansion.

4. 25% chance a southern expansion wins the cup this year

I hope my post explains it too you as a another poster said it is not 100% rigged(closer to 73%) but favorable outcomes always happen at the end. It's impossible to predict who exactly because of the nature but you can tell what type of team will win with ease (that's what we have been talking about in this thread).

If everyone could just predict like that neither you are I would be wasting our time talking about it right now.

One thing I can tell you with 100% certainty (I knew since 2011-2012) that the Panthers will win a cup before Vancouver does and that Lu was going to Florida all along (his family never moved from there).

I agree with what you're saying to an extent. I think there is a team destined to win every year. And since 2004, only the Wings, imo beat a team destined to win.

You don't need to try and convince me of anything, I was just curious, with all things considered, which exact team you thought would win.

Hard not to notice that we traded Luongo back to the Panthers THE INSTANT they had decent ownership again.

They're a cap ceiling team now.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24407148/florida-panthers-want-to-become-salary-cap-team-under-new-owner

Wait for it. Panthers cup win dead ahead.

Meanwhile NJ has just acquired new ownership as well. Look forward to watching Lu and Schneider win cups then.

I don't blame Gillis for anything that has transpired since 2011. He's not an idiot. Look at the moves he made leading up to 2011. Some of them were fantastic. But since, all horrible. So what happened? His hands are tied, that's what happened. All major moves these days are league-sanctioned. It's all part of the plan to make the NHL more prosperous in the states. It's Canada's job to subsidize that growth.

So our only hope is that we'll eventually... Eventually... be allowed to win a cup because it's been sooooooo long. But i think Buffalo, St. Louis, a few entitled teams and a few Bettman expansion teams win before us, at minimum. By then our rebuilt core will be ready, assuming the Canucks actually do that properly for once.

The NHL rewards the owners who spend, simple as that. The Canucks were rewarded in 2011 with a trip to the finals, but hey, Jacobs has been around since the dinosaurs roamed the earth and he felt his team was due. Waddayado?

Kesler's departure is league-sanctioned, so Aquilini can kick and scream about it all he wants, but unless he takes down the whole league, it's still happening. It will happen as soon as the draft. And the return will be closer to garbage than good too.

The Luongo trade was waiting 10 years for new, decent ownership to finally arrive in Florida. We were essentially renting Luongo until then. Him being signed to a retirement deal got us a trip to the finals, but at the end of the day the Canucks are subsidizing Florida's success and have been doing so for years. Trading Schneider to the Devils was a seperate matter, as they have new ownership as well and their success also needs to be subsidized.

In the aftermath of the Kesler trade, Bieksa and Hamhuis will likely move on as well. Maybe as free agents. Maybe sooner.

Meanwhile, the Canucks were imploding, with or without their star goaltenders, Kesler, and the rest, because their 'window is closed.' ie. Their league favours ended in 2011. Now they will have to start again. Just like all Bettman-era Canadian finals losers before them. Now is the time to get good picks and use them on good players so they can eventually win, but that's tough when the draft is also rigged to promote US franchise growth.

There's nothing you can do to stop this. Just watch the show.

40103-Were-the-allsinging-alldancing-i2KD.gif

Hard not to notice that we traded Luongo back to the Panthers THE INSTANT they had decent ownership again.

They're a cap ceiling team now.

http://www.cbssports...under-new-owner

Wait for it. Panthers cup win dead ahead.

Meanwhile NJ has just acquired new ownership as well. Look forward to watching Lu and Schneider win cups then.

I don't blame Gillis for anything that has transpired since 2011. He's not an idiot. Look at the moves he made leading up to 2011. Some of them were fantastic. But since, all horrible. So what happened? His hands are tied, that's what happened. All major moves these days are league-sanctioned. It's all part of the plan to make the NHL more prosperous in the states. It's Canada's job to subsidize that growth.

k lets see if your right since 2011 the notable players we have traded away

Hodgson (1st line center)

Samuelson

Luongo (#1 Elite Goalie)

Schneider (Elite Goalie)

Shirokov

2012 4th Round Pick

2013 2nd Round Pick

Taylor Elington

Kevin Connauton (Top offensive defense prospect)

I just see 4 on that list that have weakened our team since they left and for all of them we got

Kassian (Potential 20 goal scoring Power Forward)

Booth

Maitthas

Markstrom

Horvat (Potential Shutdown third liner)

Not bad. Booth and Maitthas might not be here in the future but still better than nothing. Markstrom has been injured prior to the trade (similar to Ballard and Booth were). Leaves kassian a guy who can't score unless he gets a lucky break and Horvat who isn't developed yet and but is likely to be a star in the future.

I think if these were league sanctioned trades we would have had bad returns on these trades but we may have two potential star players which is better than nothing. We will just have to wait and see.

Kesler's departure is league-sanctioned, so Aquilini can kick and scream about it all he wants, but unless he takes down the whole league, it's still happening. It will happen as soon as the draft. And the return will be closer to garbage than good too.

The Luongo trade was waiting 10 years for new, decent ownership to finally arrive in Florida. We were essentially renting Luongo until then. Him being signed to a retirement deal got us a trip to the finals, but at the end of the day the Canucks are subsidizing Florida's success and have been doing so for years. Trading Schneider to the Devils was a seperate matter, as they have new ownership as well and their success also needs to be subsidized.

In the aftermath of the Kesler trade, Bieksa and Hamhuis will likely move on as well. Maybe as free agents. Maybe sooner.

Meanwhile, the Canucks were imploding, with or without their star goaltenders, Kesler, and the rest, because their 'window is closed.' ie. Their league favours ended in 2011. Now they will have to start again. Just like all Bettman-era Canadian finals losers before them. Now is the time to get good picks and use them on good players so they can eventually win, but that's tough when the draft is also rigged to promote US franchise growth.

There's nothing you can do to stop this. Just watch the show.

40103-Were-the-allsinging-alldancing-i2KD.gif

Dead on at this part

I agree with what you're saying to an extent. I think there is a team destined to win every year. And since 2004, only the Wings, imo beat a team destined to win.

You don't need to try and convince me of anything, I was just curious, with all things considered, which exact team you thought would win.

Could be a final of

Chicago-Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh wins)

LA/Anaheim-New York/Jersey (toss up)

St Louis-Boston/Tampa (Boston/Tampa win)

Wasington-Anaheim/SJ (Anaheim/Caps win)

You can rearrange the teams anyway you want and you can't go wrong.

• 1 month later...

why would the NHL want NJ vs LA over the Rangers. I they wanted NJ to be prosperous why would they fine the crap out of them after the Kovalchuk signing. In 2011 first round Boston and Montreal were in game 7 OT, that could have gone either way, Same with Boston and TB, that could have gone either way. Why hasn't Phillie won a cup yet? Whose gonna win this year?

why would the NHL want NJ vs LA over the Rangers. I they wanted NJ to be prosperous why would they fine the crap out of them after the Kovalchuk signing.In 2011 first round Boston and Montreal were in game 7 OT, that could have gone either way, Same with Boston and TB, that could have gone either way. Why hasn't Phillie won a cup yet? Whose gonna win this year?

"Who will win this year?". Have you never read this thread or previous threads of the same topic? If you have, then you know it doesnt matter who wins...its always a conspiracy.

If an east coast team wins, its a conspiracy. If a west coast team wins, its a conspiracy. If a southern or midwestern team wins, its a conspiracy. If an original six team wins, conspiracy. If a newer team wins, conspiracy. If a large market team wins, its a conspiracy. If a small market team wins, conspiracy as well. If a profitable team wins, it will be a conspiracy....but then again, if a less-than-profitable team wins, thats a conspiracy too.

So as you see, its not so much as to picking "who will win?" but rather "who can pick the conspiracy" that correlates with whoever the winner is.

- Ducks acquire Nieder and Pronger via shady means and rise to league power status out of the blue, making Burke king of the GM's. Was that artificial? Damn right it was. Just look at his time outside of Anaheim... Burke is a big fat idiot!

Can't argue with that one...

"Who will win this year?". Have you never read this thread or previous threads of the same topic? If you have, then you know it doesnt matter who wins...its always a conspiracy.

If an east coast team wins, its a conspiracy. If a west coast team wins, its a conspiracy. If a southern or midwestern team wins, its a conspiracy. If an original six team wins, conspiracy. If a newer team wins, conspiracy. If a large market team wins, its a conspiracy. If a small market team wins, conspiracy as well. If a profitable team wins, it will be a conspiracy....but then again, if a less-than-profitable team wins, thats a conspiracy too.

So as you see, its not so much as to picking "who will win?" but rather "who can pick the conspiracy" that correlates with whoever the winner is.

you need to more clear, organized and concise I think this what you meant in order of priority for who is most likely to win.

American Original 6>Large market american team>American Expansion> American Small Market> Canadian Teams.

you need to more clear, organized and concise I think this what you meant in order of priority for who is most likely to win.

American Original 6>Large market american team>American Expansion> American Small Market> Canadian Teams.

This is also too vague for a viable theory.

What's the percentages. Greater thans and less thans are very concise. Very little information there other than that it shows more or less what Skol was saying that a person who believes in these theories can point to anything they want and call it a conspiracy. As long as a Canadian team doesn't win y'all have something to point to and say you were right. Specifics are never really given in these cases because with specifics we can make actual predictions rather than just thoughts about what might happen. Hell even if the Canadiens won this year you'd be able to point at them as an original 6 and say you were right when you really didn't make any bold claim.

Archived