The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A view from the other side: Perspective of Boston Bruins Fans on tonight's game

Johnny's Logic

Lucic is a scumbag, but man would he look great in green and blue!

If that happened I would seriously hang up my canuck jersey's and not take them down until that GOON is run out of town. No just no I never want to see Lucic or Marchand or any other bruin on this team. Ever. Okay except maybe Iggy but I imagine that would be impossible giving his history with Kesler..

i'd say there were about 3 or 4 good points here. whenever the topics of the bruins come up, majority of the posts are all "classless this, classless that, disgusting, cheapshots" and blah blah blah. it's like, when are people going to get over that and just enjoy... right now? it's not healthy to just come up and say, "oh yeah, we're playing the bruins. gosh darn, i hate those guys... for..." reasons above

I'd say there were more than 3 or 4 decent posts, didn't count how many good individual points I saw, but granted the discussion has deteriorated from there. I don't take issue with the bitterness per se, as I mentioned in an earlier post, since reality does happen to leave a pretty bittter aftertaste.

The only two things particularly bothering me about this thread are the two extremes I see:

1 - Some lowlife classless comments here give the better Vancouver fans a bad name, unfortunately. I don't think the vocal and stupid minority defines the fan base, but some tend to blur the lines, which makes it a bit messy. I wonder whether some of the most classless comments here are by trolls posing as Canuck fans, but don't doubt there are some here we can well and truly be embarrassed about.

2 - Others seem to be trying too hard to distance themselves from that element, which seems pointless, since it exists just about anywhere you find 'fans' in the NHL or anywhere else, for that matter. Going out of your way with the 'both sides do it' fallacy isn't as helpful as some might think.

If that happened I would seriously hang up my canuck jersey's and not take them down until that GOON is run out of town. No just no I never want to see Lucic or Marchand or any other bruin on this team. Ever. Okay except maybe Iggy but I imagine that would be impossible giving his history with Kesler..

Personally I have no problem with that sentiment either.

While there may be more players than Iginla that could make the cut here, I would have to agree that at least in his case, I haven't seen any reason for the Canucks not to welcome him with open arms... if the opportunity should arise.

edit: Although I kind of think I understand where Salacious Crumb is coming from too, since I don't recall Lucic doing anything particularly dirty, except maybe when he steamrolled Miller. If he'd been punished properly by the NHL, I might be more inclined to forget that one, too. Just hate seeing double standards feeding a culture of corruption, probably as much as the next guy.

not defending them but the comments on CDC are about guys that have cheapshotted/injured our players or other players

Bruins fans say it just becuase they're douchebags, other than Rome who isn't even on the team anymore what Canuck player has cheapshotted or seriously injured a Bruin?

I would argue that Rome's hit was a hockey play, even though it was late. He wasn't trying to injure Horton.

It was BS that he was thrown out of the series. I am sure Colin (Colon) Campbell was involved.

It's a game folks. nothing wrong with dogging out a rival. They do it to us, we do it to them. It's fun. As long as people remember its a game then whatever. Stupid comments will be made on both sides. But today we WON, they beat us 2 years ago... but we live in the here and now. So they got owned tonight! SUCK IT BOSTON! and the Rat too...

I would argue that Rome's hit was a hockey play, even though it was late. He wasn't trying to injure Horton.

It was BS that he was thrown out of the series. I am sure Colin (Colon) Campbell was involved.

I think you're right about that, but maybe that's why Sypher009 mentioned 'or seriously injured' one of the Bruins.

Now I wouldn't go so far as to push for sainthood for the Canucks, but have to agree that play in particular was only ever questionable for timing, maybe fractionally late, but never seemed to be intent to injure.

Somebody is going to end Marchand's career prematurely one of these days so he can do what he wants while he is still healthy.

Just hope you're not wishing for it.

His low self esteem is already showing, or he probably wouldn't feel the need to kiss the ring and do imaginary cup pumps. Glad to hear Julien was unimpressed too. As long as they aren't successfully gooning it up against the Canucks, I'm happy enough about that.

What Marchand really should do if he felt at all right about the cup they 'won' is to show some respect, but if his conscience won't let him, that would explain why he keeps looking for more attention.

Which doesn't make me mad. Just the opposite.

Somebody is going to end Marchand's career prematurely one of these days so he can do what he wants while he is still healthy.

lol he can do that crap all he wants, gets him off his game more than anyone else since he's more worried about taunting instead of playing hockey. he was a non-factor tonight, all he did was fire us up.

Boston has a reputation for seriously injuring other players in very questionable ways. Even way back when, Donald Brashear of the Canucks was injured by Marty McSorely, a Bruin. Fast forward to today and we see Boychuk's spine-crushing hit on Mason Raymond, or Marchand's obvious cheapshot on Sami Salo, and hits on players from other teams like Lucic's hit on Miller, Chara's murder attempt on Pacioretty, etc.

Say what you will about CDC users hypocrites, but the level of damage done by both team and fan alike is strongly pitched towards the Boston side. And I would argue that sensible Canucks fans are actually some of the most intelligent hockey fans around.

Say what you will about CDC users hypocrites, but the level of damage done by both team and fan alike is strongly pitched towards the Boston side. And I would argue that sensible Canucks fans are actually some of the most intelligent hockey fans around.

Hear, hear!

I'd give you a plus 1 for that, but maybe played a little too fast and loose with my +1 bank today, so looks like I may have to wait for a refresh. :blush:

Edit: OK got the refresh and there's the +1 ;)

8) You know how you can find out if you're team isn't successful?

If you call a regular season game against a non conference opponent you haven't seen in 2 years "THE game"

Soooooooo show them up by losing 2-6? :bigblush:

Exactly. I like the sarcasm there too. Spot on.

And now we've seen how a healthy Canucks team can dominate a decimated Boston team and not just the other way around.

What am I missing here? Why doesn't Boston's web site have a message board? Why are we looking at Hockey's Future of all things?

So that' what they call their board! Somehow I had never clued in.

That site name strikes me as kind of lame, in an arrogant, self important kind of way.

By the way, I may have mentioned this before, but still like the username.

Ah the innocent times when the Canucks were just getting ripped off with good old fashioned hooking and grabbing and didn't have to have multiple body parts being hacked, crunched, and bludgeoned to lose a series after taking the first two games.

Rask giving up the first goal on a knuckler from the red line seemed the sweeter for memories of that Detroit series as well. For the record, I never blamed Cloutier for the team's hot and cold results in those years. Neither have I blamed Luongo for what happened in the more gladiatorial age of 2011.

Archived