The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A view from the other side: Perspective of Boston Bruins Fans on tonight's game

Johnny's Logic

we were riddled with injuries, only scored 8 goals, and they still needed 7 games to beat us, they went out first round the year after they won it, they choked and lost it in 17 seconds to Chicago last year, and they lost to us in the first rematch after the finals.

also daddy campbell was in charge of things

Yup. Wouldn't exactly call it fluke. But that doesn't make it smell like roses either.

The hate for Iginla is unwarranted.....you cant just pick up and go to whomever you want with a salary cap. You may want to go to a specific team but if they don't have room for you then you cant go there. This is why players now have a list of teams they are willing to go too....in this particular order.

Iginla paid his dues in Calgary and has earned the right to do what ever he wants.

I hate how any time the topic of Boston winning the cup in 2011 is brought up people bring up how the 'canuck' fans rioted. Those people where NOT fans. I was downtown. They had riot 2011 signs even before the game started, some of them were wearing Canuck jersey's with PRICE tags still on them and Kesler's named spelt KESSLER. What canuck fan in their right mind would wear jersey's like that? Please for the love of the hockey gods stop lumping Real Canuck fans in with those idoits who burnt down OUR city. Watching those classless goons holding up our cup was hard enough, then seeing a bunch of 'fans' burn down our city was even worse. Nothing though compares to being asked "if I am going to riot everytime the Canucks lose because that is what canuck fans do", everytime Van loses, its beyond INFURIATING.

If you let it be known that rival fans bringing up the riot infuriates you, they will never stop bringing it up. It's not like Vancouver is the only city to have a sports riot...and, to my knowledge, there wasn't any fatalities in ours. That cannot be said about Boston or other cities. I, personally, don't give a crap about what anyone thinks or says. So everyone hates Canucks fans...who the frack cares, this ain't a popularity contest.

I hate how any time the topic of Boston winning the cup in 2011 is brought up people bring up how the 'canuck' fans rioted. Those people where NOT fans. I was downtown. They had riot 2011 signs even before the game started, some of them were wearing Canuck jersey's with PRICE tags still on them and Kesler's named spelt KESSLER. What canuck fan in their right mind would wear jersey's like that? Please for the love of the hockey gods stop lumping Real Canuck fans in with those idoits who burnt down OUR city. Watching those classless goons holding up our cup was hard enough, then seeing a bunch of 'fans' burn down our city was even worse. Nothing though compares to being asked "if I am going to riot everytime the Canucks lose because that is what canuck fans do", everytime Van loses, its beyond INFURIATING.

If Boston idiots want to talk about riots then let's talk about these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSVRMmUGgyI

amazing how a few fans fooling around on another board causes such an uproar here. people on this board are so insecure

Its because we lost the cup- and then the riot- and ugg don't get me started again..but yeah we are a bit of touchy on the subject but it also cause you know you see a team that is so classless and dirty and they keep getting rewarded and its disgusting.... and Van shoul have won that year and we were so broken for it.

and like I was around in 1994 and that one hurt a lot but not like 2011 did and to know we lost to a team full of a bunch of dirty goons and that we were made to look like the villians and then to deal with their stupid annoying fans..uggg....and now I want to drink :(

Those are the facts, lets see the goon defenders on this board argue that. Disgusts me that some Canuck fans are defending that classless franchise with their classless fans.

It disgusts you that not all of us a acting like whiny children? Oh well, I guess that's something we'll have to live iwth.

BTW: The whole idea that the rioters weren't Canuck fans is fine, but anyone who calls all Bruins fans "classless" because they thought Raymond was faking, should bear in mind that the riots gave other fanbases far more ammunition than the fans in Boston that night gave us.

Please, tell me. How is a decimated roster supposed to win a championship against a completely healthy line up?

Our only healthy forwards being our third/fourth liners and maybe one top six forward and two defenceman are supposed to outwork Boston's best players? Yea that just isn't going to happen.

They managed to win 3 games with that decimated lineup. They just needed to do it once more.

While I agree that it was a tall order, the Canucks certainly were capable of pulling off one more victory if Luongo had showed his game 1,2 and 5 form and if they had been able to put a couple past Thomas.

FTR: The reffing was inconsistent, but this whole idea that the Canucks were screwed by the refs is off base. Go back and check the stats. Vancouver had more PPs than Boston. They just didn't take advantage. (and yes, I agree that injuries played a large part in that ineffectiveness)

Its because we lost the cup- and then the riot- and ugg don't get me started again..but yeah we are a bit of touchy on the subject but it also cause you know you see a team that is so classless and dirty and they keep getting rewarded and its disgusting.... and Van shoul have won that year and we were so broken for it.

and like I was around in 1994 and that one hurt a lot but not like 2011 did and to know we lost to a team full of a bunch of dirty goons and that we were made to look like the villians and then to deal with their stupid annoying fans..uggg....and now I want to drink :(

I've been around for all three cup runs and believe me....when we win the cup. You will never here the end of it....:-) 2010 was the worst because of how it happened, we went with out a fight. The other two, everything was left on the ice....I was satisfied with the way we played and even though we lost I was proud to be a Canuck.

I wouldn't say that based on what I've seen in this thread. I've actually been enjoying the discussion. You should see the comments section of some other websites by comparison. You might appreciate this one a bit more for it.

i'd say there were about 3 or 4 good points here. whenever the topics of the bruins come up, majority of the posts are all "classless this, classless that, disgusting, cheapshots" and blah blah blah. it's like, when are people going to get over that and just enjoy... right now? it's not healthy to just come up and say, "oh yeah, we're playing the bruins. gosh darn, i hate those guys... for..." reasons above

Its because we lost the cup- and then the riot- and ugg don't get me started again..but yeah we are insecure but it also cause you know you see a team that is so classless and dirty and they keep getting rewarded and its disgusting.... and Van shoul have won that year and we were so broken for it.

and like I was around in 1994 and that one hurt a lot but not like 2011 did and to know we lost to a team full of a bunch of dirty goons and that we were made to look like the villians and then to deal with their stupid annoying fans..uggg....

i get wut you're saying, but teams and players doing classless antics have been getting "rewarded" for years, decades but when the times change so do the attitudes of fans. linden being gooned up on back in the day was a normal thing. canucks fans just magnify all of the bad, but it's the playoffs. you gotta do what you gotta do. i won't put on my tin foil hat and discuss the officiating argument. i don't want it to seem like, i don't care that we lost the finals, i do, but i've since moved on and so has my attitude, but people on this site are still stuck in 2011, or have moved on, but those bitter residues are still there

all i'm saying is, just stop caring about what the league wants and enjoy the team we have

Man there's a lot of whiners on this board. Who care's if they act classless, every team does it.

no, they don't

its' getting to be pretty much every year the Bruins have 1 or more incidents like this with one of their players. it's not a coincidence anymore with how often it happens

Here are the facts:

The Bruins are a team with a lot of skill, they pass well, they can shoot the puck and they know how to play defense.

But they are also the dirtiest team in the league, something which they got away with for years and which won them the Stanley Cup thanks to the Refs looking the other way.

And now they are getting old, and other stronger younger goons are starting to line up to administer beatings.

What goes around comes around.

All that aside, the Canucks should avoid starting fights, avoid goonery, it will just backfire on us and turn us into another Pittsburgh.

I completely agree with everything you say. Still, I would love to win multiple scraps tonight (as well as the game). ::D

It's kind of like two groups of children saying, "I know you are but what am I?" at each other over and over.

LOL! I was thinking that after I made the post.

Oh I have no qualms, I am still bitter as hell over watching Chara hoist the cup in our barn.

But the blind hatred coming from the King is incredible.

Speaking of classless this and classless that yet did we not riot after a loss? Did Lucic not leave his hotel room to rush down to make sure his parents and his in laws business were safe and then stick around in the morning to help clean up when he could have been partying? Did Kassian not just last night possibly mock a guy whose jaw he shattered? Does Kesler and Burrows not hold reputations for loud mouths and divers?

I mean come on. every single team in the league has players like that and I do mean EVERY team. But that much hatred is very unhealthy

I've heard this a couple times now, does anyone have a clip?

no, they don't

its' getting to be pretty much every year the Bruins have 1 or more incidents like this with one of their players. it's not a coincidence anymore with how often it happens

I suppose it comes down to one's definition of "classless", but by my count, 18 of the 30 NHL teams have had a player suspended or fined.

FTR: Although Thornton's 15 games is the longest suspension, it is also the only one for a Bruins player so far. The Canucks, OTOH have had three players suspended.

I suppose it comes down to one's definition of "classless", but by my count, 18 of the 30 NHL teams have had a player suspended or fined.

FTR: Although Thornton's 15 games is the longest suspension, it is also the only one for a Bruins player so far. The Canucks, OTOH have had three players suspended.

i don't mean hits that get small suspensions

i'm talking about extremely dirty plays that either result in or SHOULD have resulted in large suspensions, Thornton on Orpik, Marchand on Salo, Chara on Pacioretty etc.

Yeah, the Bruins fans are sooooo classless.. Who would say the things they are saying..

/s

You guys need a reality check, I can't even count how many times one of CDC's own has said "OH LOLZ I HOPE DUNCAN KEITH GETS KILLED TODAY CAREER ENDER"

"OMG LOLZ HOPEFULLY KASSIAN BERTUZZIS MARCHAND THIS GAME LOLZ"

we were riddled with injuries, only scored 8 goals, and they still needed 7 games to beat us, they went out first round the year after they won it, they choked and lost it in 17 seconds to Chicago last year, and they lost to us in the first rematch after the finals. they got lucky against us

also daddy campbell was in charge of things

So, many teams have won cups banged up. We still had the Sedins, Kesler and Burrows.

Archived