The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torts = Best Canucks Coach Ever

bohonos76

Just a shout out and Happy New Year to this years Canucks and Torts, who in my opinion is without a doubt, the best Canucks coach of all time.

Only rivaled by the great Pat Quinn and late Roger Neilson and neither had as much fire.

If you look at any coaches before and since, skipping Quinn and Neilson, no one comes close.

Poking Hansen to death for being a floating dane. Benched for the rest of the period. And since he has responded well.

Torts is going to get the best out of this team and the future is bright for 2014.

Go Canucks !!!

http://content.forum.canucks.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/towel.gif http://content.forum.canucks.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/towel.gif http://content.forum.canucks.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/towel.gif

I pissed myself laughing LOL

exactly why i bumped it. it should be pinned.

cause my usual level headed, wait and see approach posts in this thread as opposed to the many knee jerk posts in this thread makes me look good.

thank allah for time stamp :lol:

Don't understand your smugness. A handful of fans agreed with the OP, but the huge majority found it silly.

Nothing special about your 'level headed' approach.

He must be feeling a bit stupid right about now lol. As soon as he leaves the Rangers they shoot up in the standings from bottom feeders to cup contenders. And as soon as he joins the Canucks they plummet to the bottom of the standings, have their worst year in franchise history and miss the play-offs altogether. Maybe he should rethink his approach a little.

I am by no means a Torts sympathizer , but he took them to the ecf last season. That was with an arguably less stacked team.

Torts brought the Rags back from suck.

At the same time, the Canucks were on the downward trend before Torts got here, getting bounced in early rounds two straight seasons.

Both teams did about the same as tey were expected to do, except NY overachieved and Van

underachieved.

Torts was nowhere near the best coach Vancouver ever had, but he is not the idiot so many are attributing him as. He was the wrong coach at the wring time.

Who knows? He might have been just the thing the Canucks needed in 2011 to push them over the edge. He was definitely not, however, the right guy to put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Worst coach ever.

No. That distinction of worst Canuaks coach ever would go to either Bill McCreary, or more likely Bill Laforge (motto was "Pride, Hustle, and Desire"). Ex-junior coach Laforge was so bad at relating to the pros that they fired him after 20 games - only about 7 games won out of 20.

Archived