The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

( Proposal ) Van - Col

Wiznac

To Van : R O'Reilly

To Col : A Edler ( If he agrees to waive NTC ) If not : Tanev, Hansen, 2nd or 1st

I think we need another top 6 guy who can play all areas of the ice and contribute points

Also Colorado needs a dependable defenseman which Edler is ( flame away ) and so is Tanev, which would be a RFA for RFA trade plus giving them hansen who can play a good two-way game while putting up points as well

D Sedin H Sedin Kesler

Burrows O'Reilly Higgins

Booth Horvat/Schreoder Kassian

Sestito Richardson Weiss

Hamhuis, Stanton and Tanev are tge only three D I trust, please don't ever trade them. Ever. Ever ever ever.

I agree on the 3 steady dmen here, but can someone explain to me why Torts still uses Bieksa and Garrison as a pair? My god are they awful together. Garrison always switches over to the right side in the d-zone, leaving Bieksa wandering all over the place and both guys end up on their offhand side. They are lost!

Notwithstanding that O'Reilly can't be traded until just prior to the deadline, O'Reilly has to be qualified this summer at ~$6.5M. That means his next contract will be very high so that greatly reduces his value to other teams that are closer to the cap.

In contrast, Edler's contract has 5 more years on it at $5M in cap hit, so it's easily arguable he has more value than O'Reilly. O'Reilly's good, but he's not $6.5M good when he doesn't hit very much, doesn't overwhelmingly drive possession, and has never scored over 60 points (on pace for 56 this year).

BESw_3CCcAAUsQE.png

Archived