The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Dubnyk (retained 50% salary) to Nashville for Hendricks

So Bryz is the number one? What if he leaves?

I swear if they end up getting McDavid...

I think if Edmonton gets another 1st overall pick this year 4 in 5 years the league will HAVE to step in and do something about it. Honestly the league attempted to put a stop to it when the Nords got 3 in a row and fi Edmonton gets 4 in 5 years there is almost no question they'll have to step in and put an end to it.

Especially when you consider how fast other teams with single #1 overall picks and or top 3 picks turned it around.

Chicago

Pittsburgh

Washington

Isles

Tampa

While not all of them won cups all of them are leaps and bounds ahead of Edmonton in terms of development and growth.

Now this trade, I see it as a larger part which will unfold in another trade over the next 5 days. Cannot believe That was the trade made thoguh, Hendricks is not a game breaker and as stated an overpaid 4th liner. I think getting Greening and another large body from Ottawa could be in the works as Ottawa could use Hemsly Gagner or even Yakupov and has the avilable large bodies to send back that Edmonton needs.

McDavid is next years draft isn't he? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he's not in this years?

Anyways, random trade. Doesn't really make sense for both teams..

Yes next year but looking ahead, doesn't look like they will be any better than they are right now, possibly getting worse.

Dubnyk is undervalued. He was shelled behind a pathetic defense and coaching system where the forwards refused to back check.

I was actually hoping to sign Dubnyk in the offseason if I am right about Lui taking off. He is a far better goalie than people think he is. Give him a proper system and defensive structure and will put up starting goalie numbers.

Mac T takes on an idiot with 3 more years of overpayment on the books. I dont understand what he is thinking . He has so far traded MPS for Perron, gave away Smid for nothing and now gives away Dubnyk for a negative value player.

He didnt need to get rid of his goalie. Not for a 4th liner.

Dubnyk is undervalued. He was shelled behind a pathetic defense and coaching system where the forwards refused to back check.

I was actually hoping to sign Dubnyk in the offseason if I am right about Lui taking off. He is a far better goalie than people think he is. Give him a proper system and defensive structure and will put up starting goalie numbers.

Mac T takes on an idiot with 3 more years of overpayment on the books. I dont understand what he is thinking . He has so far traded MPS for Perron, gave away Smid for nothing and now gives away Dubnyk for a negative value player.

He didnt need to get rid of his goalie. Not for a 4th liner.

I to think Dubnyk is far better than his numbers indicate. They did get all star winger Hendricks for him though. 4 or 5 points in 44 games? Move over Crosby.

Can't believe a plug like Hendricks got a 4yr deal.

Nashville wins this trade easily. Actually, Dubnyk does, as he now gets to play behind a defense. Potentially a career-saving move for him.

True, but once Rinne gets back, I doubt Dubnyk gets more than 3-4 games down the stretch. Guess it all depends how long Rinne is out.

He's just speculating but they can't be done. No team is that stupid. Even the Oilers.

If it's the only deal of the day oilers fans are probably like how we felt after the hodgson deal especially the fact that dubnk was pretty decent just didn't have a d to back him up. Why the hell do they retain 50% of the salary.

Archived