The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flyers re-sign Steve Mason

If Schneider hasn't choked please explain his debacle in San Jose?

Btw this thread is about Steve Mason's contract so please don't turn this into the 5000th Luongo vs Schneider thread.

You mean when he was put in while he was injured? And it wasn't all his fault. Most of it was. But not all. And ibdidbt start this so don't even go there.

They both have better stats then Luongo. They have not yet been given a chance.

I dont see Schneider and Lack having 350+ wins and 60+ shutouts

I dont see Lack having a William Jennings trophy

I dont see Schneider or Lack having been nominated for a Veznia.

I dont see Schneider or Lack making their country's national olympic team

I dont see Schneider or Lack having won olympic gold

Why do people so easily forget that so many nights in the last 5 years that Luongo won us so many games that we had no business winning in the first place because of poor play, albeit from injuries to the team or any number of reasons. Want proof? do a simple youtube search on Luo's saves and you will see a ton in a vancouver jersey and there were 1,000's more saves that could never be shown due to lack of time allowed.

lack and schneider never choked? Good grief! Do you actually take into account the crappy over rated defence this team has had for so many years that Luo has had to bail out night after night after night and sometimes has cracked? This has gotten better by a bit but it's still not a elite defence and it never has been.

I dont see Schneider and Lack having 350+ wins and 60+ shutouts

I dont see Lack having a William Jennings trophy

I dont see Schneider or Lack having been nominated for a Veznia.

I dont see Schneider or Lack making their country's national olympic team

I dont see Schneider or Lack having won olympic gold

Like I said because they haven't been given a chance. I strongly believe schneider is and will be better then luongo. I don't understand how he didn't make team usa. And your argument for lack is invalid considering he's played like 20ish games in the NHL. All I'm saying is he is playing better then Luongo so far this year.

Calms down and chills... ermmm thanks for bringing me back to the subject again of Mason.. Got sidetracked.. anyway, i have to agree one can't go by numbers of a contract year that's for sure. I can't say i would have paid him 4.1 mil, i'd have said something like in the 3's somewhere just in case he doesn't do well and has to be traded or bought out.

This shows how inflated the goalie contracts have become, and it's just going to get higher.

Like I said because they haven't been given a chance. I strongly believe schneider is and will be better then luongo. I don't understand how he didn't make team usa. And your argument for lack is invalid considering he's played like 20ish games in the NHL. All I'm saying is he is playing better then Luongo so far this year.

The fact Lack and Schneider took this long to make it to the NHL already disproves your point he's better than Luongo.

Luongo this year .922 save % 2.23 g.a.a-33gp

Lack this year .922 save % 2.18 g.a.a-20 gp

Practically identical. How is Lack superior?

I don't understand how he didn't make team usa.

Because there are better American goalies than him?

He's a great young goalie, but he is severely overrated by Canucks fans. All this talk that he would be a top 5 in a couple years was ridiculous.

How did this turn into an argument about Luongo?

Anyway, yes Mason was the statistically worst goalie in that time frame and the Blue Jackets are a heck of a lot better with Bobrovsky.

Also Curtis Sanford put up considerably better numbers and was a borderline backup at best.

Mason one year 3 million or 3 years at 1.8 million would have been fair.

The fact Lack and Schneider took this long to make it to the NHL already disproves your point he's better than Luongo.

Luongo this year .922 save % 2.23 g.a.a-33gp

Lack this year .922 save % 2.18 g.a.a-20 gp

Practically identical. How is Lack superior?

So because they took longer to develop they arent as good? I guess Mason is better then Thomas since Thomas too forever to break into the NHL. Ok even now but before the ducks game lack was better. So even stats now, considering Luongo costs waaay more and is being evenly matched by a rookie, id say hes not doing as good as he should.

Because there are better American goalies than him?

He's a great young goalie, but he is severely overrated by Canucks fans. All this talk that he would be a top 5 in a couple years was ridiculous.

Disagree. Miller and Quick do deserve to be there. Howard doesn't. Schneider has better stats this year. The year before and the year before that and Detroit has a better team then Nj. Schneider deserves it more then Howard.

Disagree. Miller and Quick do deserve to be there. Howard doesn't. Schneider has better stats this year. The year before and the year before that and Detroit has a better team then Nj. Schneider deserves it more then Howard.

Howard doesn't, I agree.

Bishop would still be ahead of Schneider though.

No Bishop deserves to be there. He has better numbers than all you have mentioned being a starter.

Miller, Quick and Bishop

If it comes down to just stats, then Bishop deserves to be there over both of them.

you dont solely base players based on stats. You judge them as well by consistency, poise, and experience. That is why those three players made it and Schneider didn't

That's debatable. I mean Bishop has been better then Schneider this year. But Schneider has been better for longer. Bishop only started being good last year

Well then if that becomes the argument, Howard has been better for longer than Schneider.

Either way, Schneider isn't in the top 3 for American goalies.

Archived