The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Torts to have in person hearing Mon

Del Rio

Ya one involved people yelling at each other which apparently should result in massive punishment

the others involved intentional use of weapons that actually did injure people and that resulted in no fines, no suspension of note...

like i said.. you got messed up priorities if you think a hallway yelling match is worse.

And if the league actually got its priorities straight there would be no need for hallway yelling matches.

Where did I say it was worse?? I just said it was different.

How do you know this? Show me the article that says this cause I can't find any.

Common sense suggests they don't just have one camera pointed at half a door. They will have security cameras throughout the building. We know that because we see footage from all over the buildings randomly on broadcasts.

It's also common practice for the league to request all footage when they have a disciplinary hearing. Somebody the other day here posted something regarding the league making a "request" It's not a safety concern so we know Shanahan won't be involved. This is a hearing about conduct but they would still want all the footage. They won't just turn on a DVR to the CBC footage of the game. (although I also wouldn't be surprised by anything from these clowns.)

It wasnt a fight or 'altercation' . He went over to yell at Hartley , because the Calgary bench boss turtled and wouldnt face him. The 'scuffle' was the flames players trying to shove Torts back.

He was never trying to start a physcial altercation with any Flame player or coaching staff.

Altercation: " a noisy argument or disagreement, esp. in public".

Common sense suggests they don't just have one camera pointed at half a door. They will have security cameras throughout the building. We know that because we see footage from all over the buildings randomly on broadcasts.

It's also common practice for the league to request all footage when they have a disciplinary hearing. Somebody the other day here posted something regarding the league making a "request" It's not a safety concern so we know Shanahan won't be involved. This is a hearing about conduct but they would still want all the footage. They won't just turn on a DVR to the CBC footage of the game.

He's Batman. He knows all and probably installed the cameras himself. Also he gets to decide what's considered a good point and what doesn't.

Speculation at it's best

He's Batman. He knows all and probably installed the cameras himself. Also he gets to decide what's considered a good point and what doesn't.

whaa

A good point is a point.

That was speculation.

There's a difference

I don't get to decide that.

How was it dangerous? everyone there was 6'4...

He could have ignited a brawl in a tight hallway where people could fall down and get trampled by people wearing skates. You don't see how that's dangerous? That sort of thing can not be allowed to happen! Torts was unprofessional for going over to their dressing room and he knows it. And as a result, he needs to be suspended for a few games, even if just to prove that the NHL doesn't allow that sort of thing even if they can understand why he was so angry.

Harley should be fined and publicly blamed for the line brawl that he deliberately started in hopes of keeping his job. He needs to be shamed.

So if it's a bush league why are you watching it? Why are you eve participating in the discussion. Maybe the actions were bush league but the entire league? Why are you wasting your time on this. If it's bush, stop participating.

Lets not forget who is running the Flames these days. They say it starts at the top. Brian Burke, now there's a bush league person if there ever was one. But to call either organization bush league is a stretch. There's bigger perspective here.

Personally the Vancouver dressing room has galvanized over the past several weeks with far more than a faint pulse. Something AV was unable to find.

I for one am so glad we have a coach like Torts. Even Larry Brooks was standing up for the NHL this morning.

Growing up with 60', 70's hockey Saturday nights hockey sqabble was nothing. If people don't like it go watch steroid and scandal filled baseball.

Because this is a message board where people can air their opinions. What makes you the judge and jury on what people can say and how that determines their right to watch the sport?Was there an actual salient point to your post? I believe in this team's right to be treated and officated fairly, and in line with the rest of the league. That hasn't happened. Therefore this league is being run poorly and with bias. How is that professional? Please infer upon me your infinite wisdom on the matter.

He could have ignited a brawl in a tight hallway where people could fall down and get trampled by people wearing skates. You don't see how that's dangerous? That sort of thing can not be allowed to happen! Torts was unprofessional for going over to their dressing room and he knows it. And as a result, he needs to be suspended for a few games, even if just to prove that the NHL doesn't allow that sort of thing even if they can understand why he was so angry.

Harley should be fined and publicly blamed for the line brawl that he deliberately started in hopes of keeping his job. He needs to be shamed.

Yeah, I don't get why Hartley seems to be in the clear - this whole thing started with his premeditated decisions.

Archived