The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Torts to have in person hearing Mon

Del Rio

Torts shouldn't have done that. I won't argue a suspension for a few games.

However, there is no freaking way Hartley should get off without a fine. I don't care if there's no rule against it. He put those three guys out there for the sole purpose of starting a brawl.

Westgarth himself admitted to wanting to instigate a fight off the draw. Of course, that gutless puke can do no better than hide behind his players and play dumb to the media.

There is a rule about it. Coaches can and have gotten disciplined for "player selection" as they call it.

I think it is fair for Hartley to get a game or two and a fine, and Tortorella to get 5 games and a fine. I suspect the organization gets a fine too.

The sad thing is Torts was up front with what he was doing and Hartley was a total weasel pretending that he was oblivious to everything. Man up and say you put those guys out there to make a point considering what the previous few Canucks games looked like.

Man, WHAT IS THE BFD!!!!

He was not IN their dressing room, it was a hall way, close to where they do player interviews and the canucks room also. SOME YELLING IN A HALLWAY for eff sake.

So annoyed at all the "that was so wrong, he deserves blah blah blah"

He deserves a verbal warning to not do that. Thats it.

That is what he deserves. What he will get will be as close to public execution as the league thinks it can get. He is a repeat offender (1 game suspension in 2009 for throwing a water bottle at a fan). He will get a previously unheard of punishment because that is what happens to canucks, always. Remember Rome hit in the finals...0.8 s late hit gets the worst suspension in SCF history.

If he gets what I think he will get...a huge suspension and fine, I hope ownership goes to bat for him legally and get a court order to overturn the suspension..ie like Devil ownership did for Jim Schoenfeld after the "have another doughnut you fat pig" fight with Don Koharski.

Man, WHAT IS THE BFD!!!!

He was not IN their dressing room, it was a hall way, close to where they do player interviews and the canucks room also. SOME YELLING IN A HALLWAY for eff sake.

So annoyed at all the "that was so wrong, he deserves blah blah blah"

He deserves a verbal warning to not do that. Thats it.

That is what he deserves. What he will get will be as close to public execution as the league thinks it can get. He is a repeat offender (1 game suspension in 2009 for throwing a water bottle at a fan). He will get a previously unheard of punishment because that is what happens to canucks, always. Remember Rome hit in the finals...0.8 s late hit gets the worst suspension in SCF history.

If he gets what I think he will get...a huge suspension and fine, I hope ownership goes to bat for him legally and get a court order to overturn the suspension..ie like Devil ownership did for Jim Schoenfeld after the "have another doughnut you fat pig" fight with Don Koharski.

Coaches being suspended is not "unheard of punishment"

It is laughable to what extent the presstitutes in this country seem to think they control the agenda. The 'hallway' to the Flames dressing room? Torts was trying to enter the Flames dressing room? Who said what to whom? Every rink I ever was in had a somewhat common hallway to dressing rooms. Any comment could have led to a confrontation. Who is the unbiased observer who will 'set the record' straight in NY. What BS. Does the Calgary assistant coach get a call? He looked far more aggressive than Torts.

I would also question more than a fine when Roy tried to tear down the divider between benches last fall. That was OK because he was establishing himself. No inquisition by HNIC that night?

Quite honestly I am almost done with the NHL.

Hey guys dont know if your listening to the team or not but they just said that Dregs is reporting Daly and Bettman will be in attendance. WTF..is this normal?

I wonder if all three of the last games are on the table? Blaming Torts for all the instigator penalties and saying he brought this on.

If true, it seems about right. Maybe two games would be better but not far off.

Well he shouldn't have been allowed to finish the last game so maybe the 3rd game will be to make up for that.

I dunno. I don't think 3 is excessive. 2 is right but 3 isn't far off.

It was foolish of Torts to try and confront Hartley at the Flames dressing room, but suspendable? C'mon, Brian McGrattan deliberately eblowed Alberts, and KO'd him, and didn't get a single game for it. It's a farce that people are calling Tortorella's actions disgusting while things within the game like that happen and go unpunished.

It was foolish of Torts to try and confront Hartley at the Flames dressing room, but suspendable? C'mon, Brian McGrattan deliberately eblowed Alberts, and KO'd him, and didn't get a single game for it. It's a farce that people are calling Tortorella's actions disgusting while things within the game like that happen and go unpunished.

I agree, Torts' behaviour was not professional but I don't think he deserves a suspension. He'll likely get a tongue lashing from the league and maybe a small fine. I understand Torts reason for being so angry, but he needs to conduct himself better than that.

Archived