The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Chicago Blackhawks vs Vancouver Canucks - Jan 29, 2014

canucktican

Price posted a 36 save SO last night, Hank and Santorelli still out, Blackhawks in town, average performance last 2 games for Lu. I think he steals one tonight.

Scoring explosion from the Canucks tonight.... Kassian, Richardson, and Burr shakes the monkey off his back and slays the empty net.

3-1 Canucks, outshot by a margin of 35-22.

Agreed but people need to keep in mind that price plays in the weakest division in hockey. The east is pathetic and his stats are padded due to his conference and division.

Either way tho Lui gonna show up tonight.

Tonight is vengance night. It is time to get even with Keith for destroying Daniel's career. Justice must be served since it has been ignored by the league (5 games lol). I don't wish for a career ending cheapshot, but it sure would be sweet and be a correct treatment for that inbred rodent. Sestito tonight is your time. Make us proud.

Tonight is vengance night. It is time to get even with Keith for destroying Daniel's career. Justice must be served since it has been ignored by the league (5 games lol). I don't wish for a career ending cheapshot, but it sure would be sweet and be a correct treatment for that inbred rodent. Sestito tonight is your time. Make us proud.

I really hope we get the 2 points... and that Keith leaves the game unscathed. Sochi is coming up. If we meet in the playoffs different story. But he is too important for the Olympic team, I don't want any Canadian skaters injured. We might already not have our best pure goal scorer, I'd like to have our best D-man.

Still going on about that? Give it a rest, there's been so many games in between now. I'd rather see Daniel just burn Keith and score a huge goal.

Should be a really good game tonight, both teams need a slump buster. Hope this is an end to end offensive show tonight

I really hope we get the 2 points... and that Keith leaves the game unscathed. Sochi is coming up. If we meet in the playoffs different story. But he is too important for the Olympic team, I don't want any Canadian skaters injured. We might already not have our best pure goal scorer, I'd like to have our best D-man.

Keith? U mean the guy swimming around vs the slovaks in the semi final and being bailed out by luongo ?

I hope his career ends tonight for what he ddid to daniel.

I'm a canucks fan first. Then team canada hockey.

Hockey gets us 1 medal... The other sports can get us 10+ golds.

Keith? U mean the guy swimming around vs the slovaks in the semi final and being bailed out by luongo ?

I hope his career ends tonight for what he ddid to daniel.

I'm a canucks fan first. Then team canada hockey.

Hockey gets us 1 medal... The other sports can get us 10+ golds.

I'm a Canucks fan first. I don't like Keith. Any time we play the Blackhawks I hope he gets laid out and I wouldn't shed a tear if he had to get helped off the ice. He pisses me off to no end. That being said, I want him on Team Canada, and he has the ability to be the best D-Man in the tournament. I care about a Stanley Cup more than Canada Gold, especially because we won the last one, but it is a matter of national pride, it is our game and we need all the horses we can get. Just because the Cup is more important does not diminish the Olympics, and I do not want to watch another Turin. I don't care what anybody says, if we don't medal it's an embarrassment. When the Olympics start I will be wearing my Canada Jersey every day and the TV will be on 24/7..... And I will be cheering for Keith.

I'm a Canucks fan first. I don't like Keith. Any time we play the Blackhawks I hope he gets laid out and I wouldn't shed a tear if he had to get helped off the ice. He pisses me off to no end. That being said, I want him on Team Canada, and he has the ability to be the best D-Man in the tournament. I care about a Stanley Cup more than Canada Gold, especially because we won the last one, but it is a matter of national pride, it is our game and we need all the horses we can get. Just because the Cup is more important does not diminish the Olympics, and I do not want to watch another Turin. I don't care what anybody says, if we don't medal it's an embarrassment. When the Olympics start I will be wearing my Canada Jersey every day and the TV will be on 24/7..... And I will be cheering for Keith.

I definitely agree with you. Anything short of gold or silver would be an embarrassment I'd say. Even bronze.

Either way though I think the team is deep enough even if you take out 8 of the stars.

It all comes down to coaching and how well the players get along with one another. Especially in such a tournament.

Prediction:

The Canucks bring it and win a hard battle 2-1.

People on CDC ask post-game "If they could bring it this hard against Chicago, why didn't they do the same against lesser teams like Edmonton???"

Canucks mentality questioned.

People respond with "People complain when we lose, people complain when we win. What do you want from them???"

People suggest making a trade for the hottest player on the Blackhawks tonight in exchange for Edler and Hansen.

My heart says canucks, we always seem to step it up when we play them, and say what what you want bout the rivary not being as intense but its still there its not dead! Besides as awesome as Toews is (prob my fav non canuck) he's even more awesome when the canucks make him cry!

So then Weber down to D and Weise in right? It's alright, we don't need our #2 D-man against the #1 offense in the league. Even more so now, my earlier prediction (and Apollo's) of Lu stealing the game has to hold up if we are going to have a chance. If we win this game with our line-up right now, without our coach it could galvanize the team for the rest of season. A little case of the 2012 Kings team? One can only hope right? :) First things first though, take care of business tonight!

Archived