The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But did they

We just don't know about this stuff. It's not worth covering anyways because it's not a job interview and unlikely it will,change a gms mind about a player anyways. Unlikely lets say Jared McCann had a linden like professional attitude. I still doubt Florida or Vancouver will determine their pick base on an interview, when it's the players ability that matters most

Honestly I have a feeling that Kesler is going to be dealt to Anaheim. I mean with the Kesler trade rumors resurfacing and the fact that Virtanen and Fleury got longer interviews really makes it sound like it might actually happen.

Plus, I do recall Linden talking about how they have a player in mind for the 6th pick so it makes sense for them to interview prospects they are not as sure about for their 10t selection.

It will be a terrible move dealing him to anahiem and I don't believe it will happen.

The long interviews is because during lindens first week on the job, asked about the draft, he said that that he would like to possibility draft a dman, (fleury being a good possibility, and the second best dman,) with the 6th pick that's an option, he also had some good things to say about virtannen

Anyone see Sonny Milano's sick stick trick video?

The kid has some serious skill. Strange he's not talked about often here. He's perhaps overshadowed by Eichel, but he's definitely legit in his own right. He scored as many points as Eichel in the U18.

Tuch is ranked higher, but mainly because of his pure size advantage. Either would be a solid, solid pick. (Esp. when we end up with Eichel next year.) ;)

Actually if that is Ritchie's height and weight he needs to lose at least 10 pounds.

That's what everyone was saying when listed at 235.

Reports had come in all year that he had shed a lot of weight during the season already compared to last season. 225 is about where he should be. That is an encouraging measurement.

It'll be interesting to see where he falls on the % body fat and push tests. That may dispel most of the accusations that he is fat or out of shape.

God he's so perfect.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2078951-ranking-the-10-most-intimidating-prospects-in-the-2014-nhl-draft/page/11

A little more juice for your Ritchie thirst!

Reports had come in all year that he had shed a lot of weight during the season already compared to last season. 225 is about where he should be. That is an encouraging measurement.

It'll be interesting to see where he falls on the % body fat and push tests. That may dispel most of the accusations that he is fat or out of shape.

I agree I am most curious to see is bf% too!

As great as Fabbri is his size will keep him out of the top 15.

https://twitter.com/MDalColle71/status/361988482073231360/photo/1

If some how we pulled the Kesler trade to anaheim for Etem 10th overall and whatever say another 1st or a prospect ,

and MDC fell to us at 6th, and we took 6th: MDC 10th: Virtanen....

LIFE would be great!

what if we trade 6 to anaheim for 10 and somehow kessler to isl and get into the top 5 and get someone like tuch or fleury or virtanen or sanhiem? or perlini or ehlers or nylander/kapanen, milano maybe ritchie because it's a guarantee to get the pick of any # of these guys most of whom, someone somewhere thinks they should each be top 6

The long interviews with Virt and Fleury would seem to speak to that option. I would like them to look at Perlini , Tuch and Milano if Virt is gone by #10

If it were up to me I'd take a combo of either Ehlers/Nylander/Fabbri and Tuch/Ritchie/Virtanen with any of the two picks.

Wouldn't mind if we used one on Kapanen or Fleury assuming that they're still available.

Speaking of which, what happened to Kapanen? I don't hear people talking about him anymore?

Honestly, I can see Toronto picking up Perlini if we're not using the 6th pick on him and I doubt that he's worth the 6th pick IMO.

It will be a terrible move dealing him to anahiem and I don't believe it will happen.

The long interviews is because during lindens first week on the job, asked about the draft, he said that that he would like to possibility draft a dman, (fleury being a good possibility, and the second best dman,) with the 6th pick that's an option, he also had some good things to say about virtannen

Why would it be a bad deal? Unless our core players can rebound from this season + we acquire a legit top six forward or a PMD with insane chemistry with the twins, I highly doubt we'll be legit contenders next year. I'd vote for a rebuild if you ask me.

what if we trade 6 to anaheim for 10 and somehow kessler to isl and get into the top 5 and get someone like tuch or fleury or virtanen or sanhiem? or perlini or ehlers or nylander/kapanen, milano maybe ritchie because it's a guarantee to get the pick of any # of these guys most of whom, someone somewhere thinks they should each be top 6

i'll also say the anaheim trade get's two top duck prospects and the top 5 get's us whoever

I completely agree. Those test will really help to figure out where his weight should be. I just think 225 for a 6' 2.25" 18 year old is a little high. But that being said, I can't wait for the test results.

Too many indecision on who to take with #6..Just get more picks .

Tanev/Garrison + 6th overall to Florida for 1st overall

Acquire #7 pick from carolina

Send kesler to anaheim for 10th ++

canucks draft:

1st - ekblad

7th - nylander/ritchie

10th - virtanen/fleury

rebuild/retool just got quicker. :lol:

Too many indecision on who to take with #6..Just get more picks .

Tanev/Garrison + 6th overall to Florida for 1st overall

Acquire #7 pick from carolina

Send kesler to anaheim for 10th ++

canucks draft:

1st - ekblad

7th - nylander/ritchie

10th - virtanen/fleury

rebuild/retool just got quicker. :lol:

I really hope this is as easy as you make it seem.

Archived