The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ritchie plays three times the physical game Kass does, with a better shot.

If anything Kassian is the set up man and Ritchie is the Sniper, both creating tons of space on the ice for Horvat.

All 3 of those players are not fantastic skaters and not amazing offensively. We are already a slow team and lack offensive skill. We need to draft a skilled offensive player who's quick or move up into the top 3.

You can draft size and physical players in the later rounds.

All 3 of those players are not fantastic skaters and not amazing offensively. We are already a slow team and lack offensive skill. We need to draft a skilled offensive player who's quick or move up into the top 3.

You can draft size and physical players in the later rounds.

Kassian was 5th in team scoring.

Try Again.

When the Sedins retire we won't have much when it comes to offensively skilled players.

People need to realize that.

Yea we will Kassian Shinkaruk and Jensen are all 30 goal scorers in the making. Read a book.

Yea we will Kassian Shinkaruk and Jensen are all 30 goal scorers in the making. Read a book.

I guess what im saying is the vancouver canucks will not be picking ritchie at 6th overall because he is not the 6th best player in this draft...

merci give it up. it is obvious that the top 6 BPA is Ekblad,Bennet,Reinhart,Dal colle, Drasitl, Nylander. Then Elhers then either Ritchie or Virtanen.

Just curious but what would you have to have seen from Ritchie to bump him those 2 spots up?

It proves my fact that a 22 yr old Kassian can score in the NHL and is an offensively skilled player

You talk and act like you know your stuff but really you don't.

You are one of the least credible people I have met on CDC and I see no reason why anyone should listen to you with the way you say things.

It is like arguing with a child.

Just curious but what would you have to have seen from Ritchie to bump him those 2 spots up?

I would like him to lose some of that fat and gain some muscle and develop his core strength

Nichuskin is 205 lbs tips,

And yea SJ La and ANaheim are already big enough.

Haha really? Is Nichushkin a PWF now because he is 205? Is he a big physical player?

In 2-5 years, Perry and Getzlaf will be close to the end of their careers, Thornton, Marleau and Burns will start to become ineffective and LA isn't that big of a team really. I don't want to get off topic though but it isn't the players that make them a physical and hard team to match up, it is that Darryl Sutter knows how to get his players to forecheck hard and lay the body out. Gaborik has starting hitting alot once he reached LA aswell.

I understand what you're saying but with our new coach he can teach a physical game into our players that will help alot of players, Kassian, Horvat, Gaunce, Jensen, Cassels in the future can play a solid two way hard checking game. We need to add an elite offensive gamebreaker, Nylander has a chance to be a player like that. Lucic isn't a game breaker IMO, P. Kane, Giroux, Tavares are the type of players I can see Nylander becoming.

You talk and act like you know your stuff but really you don't.

You are one of the least credible people I have met on CDC and I see no reason why anyone should listen to you with the way you say things.

It is like arguing with a child.

I don't want Ritchie, we don't need him. We already have that in Kassian.

You think Ritchie plays like Kassian, why is that cuz he's big?

Your opinion isn't even existent.

I like Nylander and Ehlers but we're picking Ritchie, Kane is a phenom and you all need to come back to earth when you assume the danglers you're seeing in EU leagues and the Q will be evn close to him..

Kane had 175 points in the OHL in 74 games, case mother ???? closed.

Ehlers had 104 points and Ritchie had 74 . That is not something you brush off because you are 'bigger' . That is a huge amount. No spin can make up for something like that.

Interestingly enough, Ehlers got 70% of his points without Drouin . Most of the other 30% was on the power play. That is how many points a player racks up with the extra man. More points =more $$$ . No wonder coaches hold PP time hostage for players to perform.

Also its worth mentioning that the OHL scored 6.9 goals a game, the QMJHL 6.8 and the WHL 6.6

Times have certainly changed.

Gosh Merci, you don't have a very open mind. Nylander who everyone says is soft and entitled just beasted it on the combine and that takes dedication and hard work. He was born in Canada and just cause he played in Sweden doesn't mean his skill wont translate into the NHL. Guess the Sedins, Backstrom, Zetterburg and such were all busts.

Archived