The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Official Trailer

Rounoush

This is the first trailer. The characters needed to be introduced. Hopefully, the second trailer teases the plot and provides a more serious tone.

The final trailer, if there are going to be three, should meld those two aspects of this world together.

This is Marvel Studios, not 20th Century Fox, Lucasfilm, or Sony Pictures Entertainment. There's less of a chance we'll see a Spider-Man 3 or Fantastic Four than a successful blend of comedy, action, and drama. It's also very likely Marvel Studios will reference this world in their other movies in order to generate interest. They know how to market their films well.

Well I think the segue to this film was the brief showing of Thanos at the end of The Avengers, and I'm hoping he's the primary villain in this one, as the next Avengers will have Ultron as the leading foe. Thanos also makes sense in as much as his history with Gamorra (the green assasin lady played by Zoe Saldana). I'm thinking that's the direction they take with this film.

Really? That's not the vibe I got at all. I had more of a flashback to Green Lantern, thought the comparison is, hopefully, unwarranted.

I didn't get that at all. Right off the bat with the GL trailer I remember thinking they were going to campy and cheesy. I thought the same thing with Green Hornet. Cheese factor in full force. That didn't cross my mind in the slightest here. This seemed like more of a character introduction.

Archived