The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Official Trailer

Rounoush

They should have left it with Rocket Racoon.

I've got a "Howard the Duck" feeling on this one. Pass.

It's going to bomb. Brutally.

But that is good. Tired of insanely serious comic book movies. We need a genuine comedic gesture and I hope this is it

Can't wait

But that is good. Tired of insanely serious comic book movies. We need a genuine comedic gesture and I hope this is it

Can't wait

I agree with you on the lower a bit but the trailer disappointed me. It looks like a straight slapstick comedy almost bordering along the lines of a superhero parody movie.

With that being said it could just be the way the trailer is edited but one thing I liked about the comic was while it had a strong comedy side it maintained a serious and interesting plot.

I hope it maintains that middle ground.

Can't wait

Yet if that comedy movie bombs while all the serious movies around it succeed, future movies will be even more so serious,

I'm with you on the whole idea though, and I've been saying the same thing since the Dark Knight was released. Everything will, and did, get a dark and gritty paint job to try and imitate that success financially. It's a nice idea to have these movies lighten up again (which they kind of have been doing on the Marvel side of things). Do I want another Batman and Robin? Lol, no. But another entry or two of the Dark Knight series down the path that it was going, and it would've became a parody of itself as well.

However I can't say this trailer got me hyped for the movie. Pretty much the opposite. I love Chris Pratt, and his role seemed alright, but the rest of the movie? They didn't showcase it properly, and based on what I saw it didn't look all that appealing.

Its very hard, and kinda stupid, to base a movie just by its trailer. Some movies have nothing to offer beyond the few decent scenes they jammed in the trailer. Others the trailer didnt do it justice.

I know absolutely nothing about the comic so have no preconceptions. The trailer looks good to me. Funny and the effects look good. I like the cast. Once some decent reviews come out Ill decide.

Its very hard, and kinda stupid, to base a movie just by its trailer. Some movies have nothing to offer beyond the few decent scenes they jammed in the trailer. Others the trailer didnt do it justice.

I know absolutely nothing about the comic so have no preconceptions. The trailer looks good to me. Funny and the effects look good. I like the cast. Once some decent reviews come out Ill decide.

The reason the trailer disappoints me is it is pushing all cheesy slapstick comedy. You can't even tell what the movie is about story wise other than they get arrested.

Despite it's popular looking reaction it truly disappointed me because I actually enjoyed the real sci-fi story lines and serious aspects of the comic while the comedic undertones of the characters were not the main focus. It just would have been my preference to see it have some substance. But now it's just a get drunk and laugh at it thing.

i know nothing of the comic, the trailer appealed to me because it looked like a parody of a space movie. I hope that's the direction they take.

It seemed to me they were going for a "firefly" feel with that trailer.

Personally for a first trailer I'm excited for it. Visually it looks top notch and they have very strong source material to work from.

The reason the trailer disappoints me is it is pushing all cheesy slapstick comedy. You can't even tell what the movie is about story wise other than they get arrested.

Despite it's popular looking reaction it truly disappointed me because I actually enjoyed the real sci-fi story lines and serious aspects of the comic while the comedic undertones of the characters were not the main focus. It just would have been my preference to see it have some substance. But now it's just a get drunk and laugh at it thing.

It's the first trailer.

They were literally just show casing and introducing the characters because most people haven't got the slightest clue what the Guardians of the Galaxy is.

It seemed to me they were going for a "firefly" feel with that trailer.

Personally for a first trailer I'm excited for it. Visually it looks top notch and they have very strong source material to work from.

Really? That's not the vibe I got at all. I had more of a flashback to Green Lantern, thought the comparison is, hopefully, unwarranted.

Archived