The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Edler to Ottawa

apollo

After watching the Olympics, I think Ottawa should push for Edler rather than detroit.

The Edler Karlsson duo would automatically become the best pairing in the NHL. If not the best then top 3.

So what do you guys think we can get from the Sens for Edler? I wouldn't under value him at all.

REGARDING THE NTC: I would see edler waiving for Ottawa rather than Detroit.

1. To play with Karlsson

2. Stays in a good country.

3. Doesn't go to the crime capital of America.

4. Let's be honest... Canada > USA

Anyways here are a few proposals I'm pulling out of a hat.

To Ottawa

Edler

To Vancouver

Mika Zibanejad

+1st 2014

I Love edler to death but this is one deal I would love to see.

----------

To Ottawa:

Edler

Hansen

To Van

Spezza

---------

Now one to get Karlsson which probably wouldn't happen but hey let me dream.

To Van

Karlsson

To Ottawa

Kesler

Gaunce

1st 2014

2nd 2014

Anyone got some other proposals? Mine aren't great but I just think the idea of getting both edler and Karlsson on the same team would be good for both teams.

Karlsson and Methot are one of the best pairings in the league already. Subtract Methot and add Edler and you have one of the worst defensive pairings in the league. Both of them are awful defensively.

I guess you didn't see how good they were together in the Olympics?

Honestly the Zibanejad deal isn't that bad value wise, but I don't think Ottawa does the other two.

I guess you didn't see how good they were together in the Olympics?

Honestly the Zibanejad deal isn't that bad value wise, but I don't think Ottawa does the other two.

On big ice, as you stated, in the Olympics, with Sweden's best players, not with 3rd and 4th liners.

On big ice, as you stated, in the Olympics, with Sweden's best players, not with 3rd and 4th liners.

Edler Karlsson where the best pair when they were together.

They weren't playing behind superstars.

Daniel was the best player they played behind. Edler is a spectacular defenseman who is being misused by our coaching staff. He surely would be a mega upgrade over methot

Edit: @dragon I wouldn't mind turris at all. Only concern is that I think turris fits better in the east. He'll get banged around too much out west I would say.

Edler Karlsson where the best pair when they were together.

They weren't playing behind superstars.

Daniel was the best player they played behind. Edler is a spectacular defenseman who is being misused by our coaching staff. He surely would be a mega upgrade over methot

Because Alfredsson, Eriksson, Landeskog, Steen, and Backstrom are all terrible players right? :rolleyes:

Karlsson and Edler are both minuses (minus 14 and 23 respectively), and are both known for their defensive lapses. Having them on the same pairing would be a major mistake.

Because Alfredsson, Eriksson, Landeskog, Steen, and Backstrom are all terrible players right? :rolleyes:

Karlsson and Edler are both minuses (minus 14 and 23 respectively), and are both known for their defensive lapses. Having them on the same pairing would be a major mistake.

There's no shortage of players of that caliber on either vancouver or Ottawa.

I'd say vancouver has a better roster than what the swedes had in the gold medal game (with missing 3 superstars. Two from injury and 1 from... allergy pills)

There's no shortage of players of that caliber on either vancouver or Ottawa.

I'd say vancouver has a better roster than what the swedes had in the gold medal game (with missing 3 superstars. Two from injury and 1 from... allergy pills)

Hahahahahahahaha, even with injuries Sweden would massacre us. We only have 3 legitimate top-6 players, all of which are struggling. Lundqvist over Luongo every day of the week as well.

I like that one. Spezza would be an immediate game changers. ^

shinkaruk turris kassian

like that line for the future

My only problem with that line is that turris is a little soft if u ask me. Hes better off in the east.

Zibanejad would slot in much better if you ask me.

Archived