The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] CDC 2014 Mock Entry Draft [Full]

HowYaDrouin

Check the point totals on that trade and come back to me.

I guarantee when you made that trade you expected them to get > 50 points.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/350127-cdc-fantasy-league/page-251#entry11760142

Everyone wanted it vetoed.

Maybe because he targets inexperienced GMs.

What a stupid post.

For all I care, veto the trade. I'd be happy to have the 3rd overall pick.

"Drouin: im not gonna say it was stupid

Drouin: sure i bent him over
Drouin: but thats the point imo"
like i said, 2013 draft, 2014 draft, and 2015 draft picks should be only things in play.

Disagree, obviously cause I made a trade already too but it'd be pretty ridiculous trying to measure value only in 2014 and 2015 draft picks. Trading players is fine, but I think HYD should just put caps on certain trades. Perhaps a limit, 2 trades per team? I don't know..?

Edmonton Oilers

Ryan McDonagh

Chris Kreider

NYR 1st [18th overall]

New York Rangers

EDM 1st [3rd overall]

Oscar Klefbom

EDM 4th [92nd overall]

confirmed.

edit: didn't even read the thread. Here's my side; this is a mock draft, nothing more than that, I don't think think it'll go any farther than that. My primary objective is to acquire as many draft picks as possible, I want to increase my participation as much as possible. I honestly don't give 2 craps about the rangers, but I love drafting. Acquiring the 3rd pick is a guaranteed superstar, (Reinhart/Bennett) Ryan Mcdonagh is a #2 defenceman, Kreider is a good 2nd liner. Klefbom is a former first round pick with a whole bunch of potential, I see him as an Alex Edler type of player. It only seems bad because of the players im giving up.

edit2; Also, scouts are saying this draft has a huge drop in talent after #10, so #18 really does not hold that much value.

And in terms of the veto-ing of trades.. IF this was a GM league, or a fantasy league, or had any significance other than the fact that we're just draft/hockey junkies killing time and getting to know the draft class then I would veto both EDM trades. However, this is not the case, and I don't see any reason why we should veto trades in a mock draft.

Archived