The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

B.C. family furious teen vaccinated without parental consent

key2thecup

You're not taking into account how corrupt pharmaceutical companies have become then.

These giant corporations have control over government officials, and have ways of getting their medications approved.

If the testing is so strict and strenuous, why do you always see commercials warning people about medications after they've been released? I'm sure you've seen them.

Bottom line is, there's big money in medication and vaccines. It's up to people to stop and question what it is they're taking, and whether it's really necessary.

That's a very bold and potentially libellous statement to make. Source?

Also, this is Deniro's line of thinking in this thread.

Scientists have been wrong before. Therefore vaccines are evil.

Science has been proven wrong before, therefore taking a vaccine is harmful for you.

You're not making a very good case against having vaccines.

Let me get this straight

You are saying more people could die or become violently ill from taking the vaccines for these medical issues than the people who have died or been violently ill from these illness itself?

More people have bad reactions and get sick from vaccines than people who die from Tetanus, or Whooping cough, yes.

You know both of these are not serious illnesses right?

I'm assuming yo got your H1N1 vaccine then, correct?

I never made generalizations, I said that scientists have been wrong. And saying that we should accept all things that are "science" is probably the most ignorant thing said in this thread. Anyone that knows the history of scientific discovery, knows that they work in theories that can always be proven wrong.

The reality is that viruses will continue to get stronger as human immunity systems get weaker, until there will be no way to combat them. You can thank vaccines for that.

Maybe we shouldn't accept all things that are science as true, but how are you denying how much we have benefitted from vaccines in the past? Please even just do a google search for "smallpox" and read on it. Do you think the science behind that harmed humans?

Obviously we shouldn't just accept "science" as right 100% of the time, but when it's proved in history that its useful (as in this situation) and you still deny it, who is the ignorant one?

'Children can make informed decisions if they are sufficiently mature enough, and I think we have to respect that.'- Provincial Health Officer Perry Kendal

Sounds like someone is trying to protect themselves legally speaking.

Family should get lawyer and sue. Another fine example of health care dictating to patients, and defending themselves with the usual "it's within protocol, etc"

How dare anyone, let alone child, should have the right to choose if they want it or not.

The child is 14 years old. That's Grade 9.

Lol.

I'm really surprised that you'd make a statement like that without backing it up. Now, I'm really curious as to where you got that information.

More people have bad reactions and get sick from vaccines than people who die from Tetanus, or Whooping cough, yes.

You're throwing around opinions as facts, which is wrong. Where are the stats to back it up?

That's a very bold and potentially libellous statement to make. Source?

Also, this is Deniro's line of thinking in this thread.

Scientists have been wrong before. Therefore vaccines are evil.

Science has been proven wrong before, therefore taking a vaccine is harmful for you.

You're not making a very good case against having vaccines.

Taken out of context. Seems to be a popular thing to do on here.

That point was made in response to someone saying that something is science so it can't be wrong.

Some people on here need to watch some documentaries on modern medicine. There's lots on Netflix if you want to check them out. Otherwise I can't really help you.

The child is 14 years old. That's Grade 9.

And your point?

'I didn’t really know what to do, and she didn’t really give me an option to not get a vaccine.'- Dean Bootsma's 14-year-old daughter

The child was pressured into getting the shot and not having the right to choose whether she wanted it or not.

Actually they're not.

You're more likely to have a bad reaction and get ill from a vaccine shot then dying from Tetanus, Diphtheria, or Whooping Cough.

The fact that doctors still don't have the research to determine the long term effects of some of these new vaccines, should make parents question what doctors are injecting into their children.

If only those on that missing plane were vaccinated then governments would be able to activate their gps

That point was made in response to someone saying that something is science so it can't be wrong.

Some people on here need to watch some documentaries on modern medicine. There's lots on Netflix if you want to check them out. Otherwise I can't really help you.

How is it taken out of context? You mentioned specifically that corporations are taking over and passing it through legislation rather quickly.

Where is this source?

Of course you don't have it. Speculation =/= truth.

Lol... so your source is a documentary on modern medicine? And that is more reliable and non biased than scientific research (by a vast number of people around the world)??

Well I'm glad I've been arguing against a guy who made his claims based on documentaries on Netflix haha.

My source is that I'm a current Bachelor of Science student.

I have a 3.98 cumulative gpa

I'm in an immunology class

I just had an interview for medical school.

No offence, but yeah, I think my sources trump your sources.

Okay I'm done arguing.

Lol... so your source is a documentary on modern medicine? And that is more reliable and non biased than scientific research (by a vast number of people around the world)??

Well I'm glad I've been arguing against a guy who made his claims based on documentaries on Netflix haha.

My source is that I'm a current Bachelor of Science student.

I have a 3.98 cumulative gpa

I'm in an immunology class

I just had an interview for medical school.

No offence, but yeah, I think my sources trump your sources.

Okay I'm done arguing.

This is a winning argument.

Actually they're not.

You're more likely to have a bad reaction and get ill from a vaccine shot then dying from Tetanus, Diphtheria, or Whooping Cough.

The fact that doctors still don't have the research to determine the long term effects of some of these new vaccines, should make parents question what doctors are injecting into their children.

I'd like some facts to back that claim up.

And you know why so few people die from so many of those diseases we have vaccines for? Because people get vaccinated for them!

I'm guessing you didn't read the whole article as to why this is so important to this family....

I did actually.

Considering doctors say the vaccine had nothing to do with it...

Additionally, if they are worried about Cerebral Dysgenisis with their children now, any existing condition can be easily seen via an MRI. Plus it occurs in utero and very early life, they would know if their 14 year old child had it, and if they don't they aren't going to develop it now.

So that would put a rest to any "risk" they are worried about for their particular case.

Have you heard of those three infections?

None of them are life threatening if a person has a normal immune system.

People at risk are the ones that should be getting vaccines, not people with healthy immune systems.

I'm on mobile, so I can't do as thorough a search as I want, but you're dead wrong about those three diseases

Tetanus is particularly nasty, causing extreme muscle spasms. The mortality was ~10% in the US from 2001-2008. The majority of those cases were in people aged 20-64.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/surv-manual/chpt16-tetanus.pdf

Pertussis primarily affects young children, which is why vaccines are given to infants.

From Wiki:

"It is currently estimated that the disease annually affects 48.5 million people worldwide, resulting in nearly 295,000 deaths."

Diphtheria also causes some pretty nasty symptoms and a high mortality rate

Wiki:

"Symptoms of diphtheria include fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or above, chills, fatigue, bluish skin coloration, sore throat, hoarseness, cough, headache, difficulty swallowing, painful swallowing, difficulty breathing, rapid breathing, foul-smelling bloodstained nasal discharge and lymphadenopathy. Symptoms can also include cardiac arrhythmias, myocarditis, and cranial and peripheral nerve palsies."

"Diphtheria is fatal in between 5% and 10% of cases. In children under five years and adults over 40 years, the fatality rate may be as much as 20%."

So yeah, I'd say vaccinating against these illnesses is pretty damn important.

Regardless if these are serious or not there are a whole bunch more that potentially could be fatal...

And all you really need to do is look up some info from a reputable source and see what happens when you remove all vaccines from this world

:picard:

So now I said that all science is wrong? Wow, some people don't know how to have arguments without jumping to extremes.

Please do some research into big pharmaceutical and what they've been up to over the last two decades, and then get back to me.

I used a reductio as absurdum argument to show that your argument is crap. You can use the "derp, 'science' has been wrong in the past" argument to support any statement that goes against the vast scientific consensus. However, without supporting evidence, that line of reasoning is entirely vacuous.

the only vaccine i am against is the flu shot.

but only for healthy people if your suffering from other medical issues or are up in age then whats the harm when i am (if i live to) my 60's i will probably opt in for the flu shot or what ever they have at that time heck flu might not even be around in 30 years if we find a way to become completely immune esp with the advancement of nano medicine and genetic modification technology.

Archived