The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Dreger] Personal feeling is that Tavares is unhappy in New York

Just think they could have passed on Kessel and had Seguin, a bonafide #1 centre.

Yeah, Burke is such a great GM.

On the plus side maybe Burke will wheel and deal and get McDavid. (I hope not)

A JVR-Seguin combo would've been a slightly worse version of the Benn-Seguin duo. IMHO Toronto would've been better off with JVR, Seguin, and Hamilton instead of JVR and Kessel, and that isn't a knock on Kessel.

Looking at what it might cost to acquire Tavares, I'd suggest something along the lines of:

Canucks: Kesler + Horvat + Edler + Corrado + 1st

Leafs: Kadri + van Riemsdyk + Gardiner + Reimer + 1st

Either way, there is no deal that improves either team. To pay the necessary price, you gut your team across the board. It's pointless trying to trade for him, the best you can hope for is that he opts for free agency in the future and MG/whoever our GM is offers him Sundin-esque money.

why would he want to come here ????? seriously ??? to play or torts ? hahah ....

maybe he believes in the aquilinis vision of building towers and making as much money as possible off us canuck fans .?.

or he might just think mike gillis is a likeable and open guy , that he can trust ..

see ya soon john !!!

Looking at what it might cost to acquire Tavares, I'd suggest something along the lines of:

Canucks: Kesler + Horvat + Edler + Corrado + 1st

Leafs: Kadri + van Riemsdyk + Gardiner + Reimer + 1st

Either way, there is no deal that improves either team. To pay the necessary price, you gut your team across the board. It's pointless trying to trade for him, the best you can hope for is that he opts for free agency in the future and MG/whoever our GM is offers him Sundin-esque money.

Exactly.

To acquire Tavares, you would have to move multiple core pieces. I just don't see any contending team willing to give up that much as it would mess with the chemistry, lines, depth, etc..

Toronto for example would have to move two top 6 forwards, a defenseman with top 4 potential [could be a very good #3], a decent starter, and a 1st.

Even then NYI would probably be hesitant on pulling the trigger.

Archived