The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Avalanche forward Duchene out roughly four weeks

via NHL.com

Colorado Avalanche forward Matt Duchene is expected to miss roughly four weeks with a knee injury, which likely sidelines him through the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Duchene is the leading scorer this season for the Avalanche, who returned to the playoffs for the first time since 2010 with a 3-2 win Saturday against the San Jose Sharks. He has 23 goals and 70 points in 71 games.

On his personal Twitter account, Duchene wrote: "The thought of not playing in the first round for me has been devastating. We have outstanding medical and training staff that will be helping me get healthy ASAP. I will be doing everything in my power to be ready for Game 1. And if not then, shortly after."

Duchene was injured on his first shift against the Sharks when he collided with Avalanche teammate Jamie McGinn.

...huge blow for Avs. Duchene will miss first round of playoffs and this can easily mean they don't make it past round one.

I would say they will be fine but they play Chicago in the first round. That's going to be way tougher.

Isn't Kane out for the Hawks? Also Toews just got injured last night. Still a tough task no doubt, but those are 2 HUGE blows to the team if not 100%

Isn't Kane out for the Hawks? Also Toews just got injured last night. Still a tough task no doubt, but those are 2 HUGE blows to the team if not 100%

Toews, Kane and Bickell are all out for Chicago....what was our top line against Boston last year. All 3 should be ready for the playoffs. *crosses fingers*

Ryan O'Reilly becomes ever so important for this team now.

Every reason why he will not be traded by the Avs in the near future.

Technically he won't be traded in the near future because the trade deadline has already passed. If they manage to sign him then I'm not sure why they'd trade him in the longer future as well.

But bad break for the Avs, who likely weren't quite ready to compete deep into the playoffs just yet anyway, when they were having success this year.

That'll be a shame if he misses much of the post season. One of fastest, explosive skaters in the league and he's a real pleasure to watch if you haven't looked his highlights up. I can't imagine how fast he'd be with that extra playoff jump in his stride like most players get.

Archived