The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolaj Ehlers

S N Y P E R S 7

Yes but currently do we have small skilled guys? The answer is no. We have the big ones. That being said, Ehlers is not small. Hes 6 foot which is pretty average.

No youre wrong

Delusion has set it for all of you when u think our team has enough big skilled players heres a hint we have 1 and a half

Kassian and matthias

Our skill level has gone downhill and we only have one big guy that has skill. We need what Ehlers and Ritchie can bring. The simple thing to do would be to trade for Anaheim's pick and draft both. However, they both play LW and we already have Shink on LW. So that means we can only get one. I see Shink on our first line so that leaves a hole in the second line. I see Horvat centering that 2nd line so the question now becomes, who compliments Horvat better? I think that someone would be Ritchie.

Ritchie - Horvat - Kassian

maaan that is sick nasty

I guess Horvat, Jensen and Guance are all small and unskilled.

Horvat is built a bit like Toews. He's not big but he is rugged and doesn't get pushed around. His size is very average.

Jensen's size is also average but he isn't nearly physical enough

Gaunce is big but I don't see him fit in the top 6. He'll probably be a very solid 3c

So yea we don't have enough big-skilled guys

Our skill level has gone downhill and we only have one big guy that has skill. We need what Ehlers and Ritchie can bring. The simple thing to do would be to trade for Anaheim's pick and draft both. However, they both play LW and we already have Shink on LW. So that means we can only get one. I see Shink on our first line so that leaves a hole in the second line. I see Horvat centering that 2nd line so the question now becomes, who compliments Horvat better? I think that someone would be Ritchie.

maaan that is sick nasty

Speed would better on that line so Shink, or Ehler, Virt.

maaan that is sick nasty

That line might work.

Thing is if Ehler can't handle the rough stuff on the first or second line he can't play.

If Ritchie can't raise his game enough for top two line duty he can still play on the bottom lines.

Pretty much can't lose, same for Virtanen.

Horvat is built a bit like Toews. He's not big but he is rugged and doesn't get pushed around. His size is very average.

Gaunce is big but I don't see him fit in the top 6. He'll probably be a very solid 3c

Jensen is 6' 3'' and 202 as per the Canucks page, Gaunce is 6' 2" and 207, Horvat is 6' and 206.

So Jensen is the tallest and Gaunce and Horvat are about the same weight, probably all three now because I think Jensen has put on some muscle since the start of the season.

Speed would better on that line so Shink, or Ehler, Virt.

I can see how that might work. Horvat and Kassian can create space for Ehlers to go to work, and they can clean up around the net. However, I envision a 2nd line that brings a completely different element than the first line. I see Ritchie, Horvat and Kassian bring skill, while destroying their oponents physically, and making defenders cringe every time they step on the ice.

Horvat has a larger frame than Toews and will be 220 in his prime.Same can be said of Jensen and he will be 215 in his prime. Ritchie is large, but like Gaunce will more than likely be a third liner. So no will do not need big and average skill like Ritchie we need elite skill; big or small.

Horvat has a larger frame than Toews and will be 220 in his prime.Same can be said of Jensen and he will be 215 in his prime. Ritchie is large, but like Gaunce will more than likely be a third liner. So no will do not need big and average skill like Ritchie we need elite skill; big or small.

If either of them hit those numbers, I'll staple my balls to a bruins jersey. I can guarantee you neither of them will hit those numbers. Especially Jensen

If either of them hit those numbers, I'll staple my balls to a bruins jersey. I can guarantee you neither of them will hit those numbers. Especially Jensen

I can guarantee that Horvat is 210 right now without having to weight train. He is still a teenager by the time he hits his 20's he will easly put on 10 pounds of muscle. Jensen is the same at 6'3 and in his 20's his is already 205 pounds another 10 pounds for his height is very doable.

Vladimir Tarasenko and Horvat have similar frames and Tarasenko is 6'0 219.

I can guarantee that Horvat is 210 right now without having to weight train. He is still a teenager by the time he hits his 20's he will easly put on 10 pounds of muscle. Jensen is the same at 6'3 and in his 20's his is already 205 pounds another 10 pounds for his height is very doable.

Vladimir Tarasenko and Horvat have similar frames and Tarasenko is 6'0 219.

Ryan nugent hopkins is the same height as tarasenko so I assume he'll have no problem putting on 48 pounds? They're not going to put on so much weight because they don't need it and it'll affect their skating

Ryan nugent hopkins is the same height as tarasenko so I assume he'll have no problem putting on 48 pounds? They're not going to put on so much weight because they don't need it and it'll affect their skating

Hopkins is small framed, not even close. 10 pounds is not a lot of weight and no it will not affect their skating when their frame can handle that weight. It is the same as saying a 5'9 165 pound teenage player is going to get slow being 185.

6'2 1/2 and 230 with baby fat, just like Buf he will be asked to lose weight not gain it. He will be playing at 215 to 220 in the NHL.

Buf needs to lose weight because it affects his mobility. Ritchie has no problem getting to where he needs to be. Bertuzzi, Lucic, and Pyatt were never asked to lose weight. Ritchie will not be asked to lose weight either. Why? Because they're power forwards and they use their weight to their advantage

Buf needs to lose weight because it affects his mobility. Ritchie has no problem getting to where he needs to be. Bertuzzi, Lucic, and Pyatt were never asked to lose weight. Ritchie will not be asked to lose weight either. Why? Because they're power forwards and they use their weight to their advantage

He will be playing in the NHL under 230.

Archived