The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jews being told to 'register' in Ukrainian city

CB007

Putin's got it all wrong.

If he wants to invade Ukraine, all he has to do is say they have weapons of mass destruction and/or are harbouring terrorists that pose a threat to Russia.

:bigblush:

Last I checked neither Afghanistan nor Iraq are US states... It seems Putin does invasions his way.

LOL. Non-biased reporting with sources vs alien illuminati. Nice.

Internet bad, TV good. :picard:

If you consider that youtube video, that is nothing more than regurgitated RT state media talking points, to be non biased reporting :picard: indeed.

I feel like i've been taking crazy pills.. Russia invades a country and annexes territory.. but the invaded country are the nazi's. Halfwits keep droning about western propaganda apparently from every existing media source in every country of the western world all the while swallowing and parroting RT.. which is state run russian media... the state that just invaded and annexed part of another country... a state that locks up women for being in a band, a state that oppresses just about everyone, a state that is headed by a de facto dictator for 15 years now. Please tell us more about propaganda :rolleyes:

Does it matter?

One happened hundreds of years ago and one is happening now.. something can be done about now, I don't think the lack of a time machine really qualifies as either hypocrisy or double standard.

its called being accountable for your actions... Western countries are just as guilty as the Russians in regards to imperialistic ideals. This is how history repeats itself when you basically brush things under the carpet because it happened decades or centuries ago and theres nothing you can do about it mentality. I dont agree with Putins actions, but western countries aren't exactly saints either..

One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist, and its unfortunate that the Ukrainian people have been taken of advantage like this.

Both sides have hidden agendas and don't give a rats a** what the Ukrainian population really thinks. When you have two choices bankrupt EU or dictator Eurasian Union things wont be pretty. That is why I can't wait till Asian countries become more civilized and powerful, there needs to be a third party mediator in all of this.

This isn't the "great game" we are taking from the turn of the century or the cold war. The Russian and Western world competition and hatred needs to stop now. Regimes and governments need to be held fully accountable now.

its called being accountable for your actions... Western countries are just as guilty as the Russians in regards to imperialistic ideals. This is how history repeats itself when you basically brush things under the carpet because it happened decades or centuries ago and theres nothing you can do about it mentality. I dont agree with Putins actions, but western countries aren't exactly saints either..

One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist, and its unfortunate that the Ukrainian people have been taken of advantage like this.

Both sides have hidden agendas and don't give a rats a** what the Ukrainian population really thinks. When you have two choices bankrupt EU or dictator Eurasian Union things wont be pretty. That is why I can't wait till Asian countries become more civilized and powerful, there needs to be a third party mediator in all of this.

This isn't the "great game" we are taking from the turn of the century or the cold war. The Russian and Western world competition and hatred needs to stop now. Regimes and governments need to be held fully accountable now.

You obviously don't own stock in WWIII Corp.

And the point of this philosophizing is what? Who exactly are you talking about being held accountable

And the point of this philosophizing is what? Who exactly are you talking about being held accountable

The point is you seem to just brush things that occurred in the past as merely nothing, when instead they have deep meaning. Just because something happened 300 years ago doesn't mean you can't say that hypocrisy or double standards are involved with this current crisis. Also what I meant by being held accountable is the Western countries in particular the US has no right to label themselves as peacekeepers or mediators now when we know from the "past" the things they have committed for political gain.

For example, Just recently when this whole uprising began the US was known to be handed out money to some key protestors as way to motive them to carry on with the violence, and now we have reports of the same thing occurring in eastern Ukraine. This time the Russians are paying off so called Pro Russian protestors. Since what the US did was not covered in the mainstream media the US has no right to tell Russia its wrong to pay for protestors because doing so would make them hypocrites. This is just one example of many where the Western World likes to flop flop on issues for political gain. Forgetting the past opens the gates for hypocrisy and double standards to ensue

This is why I believe third part mediation needs to take place. Currently its a two man show with some smaller players off to the side.

Just my two cents

The point is you seem to just brush things that occurred in the past as merely nothing, when instead they have deep meaning. Just because something happened 300 years ago doesn't mean you can't say that hypocrisy or double standards are involved with this current crisis. Also what I meant by being held accountable is the Western countries in particular the US has no right to label themselves as peacekeepers or mediators now when we know from the "past" the things they have committed for political gain.

For example, Just recently when this whole uprising began the US was known to be handed out money to some key protestors as way to motive them to carry on with the violence, and now we have reports of the same thing occurring in eastern Ukraine. This time the Russians are paying off so called Pro Russian protestors. Since what the US did was not covered in the mainstream media the US has no right to tell Russia its wrong to pay for protestors because doing so would make them hypocrites. This is just one example of many where the Western World likes to flop flop on issues for political gain. Forgetting the past opens the gates for hypocrisy and double standards to ensue

This is why I believe third part mediation needs to take place. Currently its a two man show with some smaller players off to the side.

Just my two cents

Except that it hasn't been confirmed that the US was paying protesters in the Ukraine.

The former Russian backed government was most certainly paying protesters though. Either way that's not the same thing as annexing large parts of your neighbor.

Except that it hasn't been confirmed that the US was paying protesters in the Ukraine.

The former Russian backed government was most certainly paying protesters though. Either way that's not the same thing as annexing large parts of your neighbor.

Various US donors were heavily invested in the Orange Revolution a few years ago, not just in money but in training and organizing. That is confirmed. It would be very naive to think that that support has not be trickled through to the unrest this time.

What evidence do have to support the Yanukoych government is financially backing the protestors?

Various US donors were heavily invested in the Orange Revolution a few years ago, not just in money but in training and organizing. That is confirmed. It would be very naive to think that that support has not be trickled through to the unrest this time.

What evidence do have to support the Yanukoych government is financially backing the protestors?

Big difference between Ukrainian Americans investing in the orange revolution and the US government paying people to protest.

It's been confirmed that Yanukoych was having public employees "protest" on his behalf.

Because the Orange Revolution was a bad thing????.. it was a giant public peaceful protest by the people of a country towards their corrupt and rigged (by russia) politics.. You know Russia the country that poisoned the Ukrainian leader

4171-713203.JPG

Invading and annexing territory while raising your flag above public buildings is a far cry from supporting a massive popular uprising country wide against an internationally known corrupt government.. Did the Ukraine become the 51'st US state after the Orange revolution? Comparing the two is absolutely silly.

But its all the US's fault :picard: , jesus i don't even like the US but this incessant conspiracy that everything in the world is run by the CIA.. its just not possible that 100's of thousands of citizens might just be sick of their government.. nope they all got $5 from Obama to protest :rolleyes:

Just my two cents

I'm brushing off things in the past that have nothing to do with whats going on in the ukraine at the moment or the price of watermelons in shanghai.

What is your point about what was done to aboriginals?.. how is that informing us about the current situation?.. please be specific because other than feel good philosophizing of "well the west is bad too" i am not seeing a link.. what is happening in crimea and the ukraine is happening now, action can be taken to either oppose or support it now, the people involved are alive now. Unless you have a time machine or unless it was you that was the oppressed or the oppressor 300 hundred years ago its meaningless to bring it up. Its like a wife having an argument with her husband about their taxes then screaming out premature ejaculator to try to win some points. Its obfuscating and misdirecting the discussion from things that are actually happening right now.

For the sake of argument what if i was to concede that what happened to the aboriginals 300 years ago and what is happening in the Ukraine is some bizarre misuse of the term double standard... SO WHAT? The west doesn't get to say hey 'russia stop invading the ukraine', because 300 years ago those western peoples great great great great great great grandpa's did something??

Big difference between Ukrainian Americans investing in the orange revolution and the US government paying people to protest.

It's been confirmed that Yanukoych was having public employees "protest" on his behalf.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine#Orange_Revolution

Activists of the Orange Revolution were funded and trained in tactics of political organisation and nonviolent resistance by a coalition of Western pollsters and professional consultants who were partly funded by a range of Western government and non-government agencies but received most of their funding from domestic sources.[nb 1][114]According to The Guardian, the foreign donors included the U.S. State Department andUSAID along with the National Democratic Institute for International Affairs, the International Republican Institute, the NGO Freedom House and George Soros's Open Society Institute.[115] The National Endowment for Democracy, a foundation supported by the U.S. government, has supported non-governmental democracy-building efforts in Ukraine since 1988.[116] Writings on nonviolent struggle by Gene Sharp contributed in forming the strategic basis of the student campaigns.[117]

What Ukrainian Americans? These are all state sponsored NGO's if not pure governmental organizations.

I don't ever remember the Russian government paying or contributing in any way shape or form in any meaningful protests here in North America.

When foreign governments dick around in your backyard, you react. Plain and simple.

Because the Orange Revolution was a bad thing????.. it was a giant public peaceful protest by the people of a country towards their corrupt and rigged (by russia) politics.. You know Russia the country that poisoned the Ukrainian leader

Yanukovyck was the Prime Minister, not Yushchenko.

You don't even bother to research simple facts, spell their names and give them their correct titles. You have no details about what happened, no understanding of geopolitics and American foreign policies. Why are you even here?

Yanukovyck was the Prime Minister, not Yushchenko.

You don't even bother to research simple facts, spell their names and give them their correct titles. You have no details about what happened, no understanding of geopolitics and American foreign policies. Why are you even here?

you were saying. :rolleyes:

Viktor Andriyovych Yushchenko (Ukrainian: 11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png Ві́ктор Андрі́йович Ю́щенко (help·info); born February 23, 1954) is aUkrainian politician who was President of Ukraine from 2005 to 2010.

As an informal leader of the Ukrainian opposition coalition, he was one of the two main candidates in the October–November 2004 Ukrainian presidential election. Yushchenko won the presidency through a repeat runoff electionbetween him and Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovych. The Ukrainian Supreme Court called for the runoff election to be repeated because of widespreadelectoral fraud in favor of Viktor Yanukovych in the original vote. Yushchenko won in the revote (52% to 44%). Public protests prompted by the electoral fraud played a major role in that presidential election and led to Ukraine'sOrange Revolution.

why are you here?

Also i didn't mention either by name or their titles.. so it would be a little difficult to get the tittles wrong or spell their names incorrectly :picard:

Activists of the Orange Revolution were funded and trained in tactics of political organisation and nonviolent resistance by a coalition of Western pollsters and professional consultants who were partly funded by a range of Western government and non-government agencies but received most of their funding from domestic sources.[nb 1][114]According to The Guardian, the foreign donors included the U.S. State Department andUSAID along with the National Democratic Institute for International Affairs, the International Republican Institute, the NGO Freedom House and George Soros's Open Society Institute.[115] The National Endowment for Democracy, a foundation supported by the U.S. government, has supported non-governmental democracy-building efforts in Ukraine since 1988.[116] Writings on nonviolent struggle by Gene Sharp contributed in forming the strategic basis of the student campaigns.[117]

What Ukrainian Americans? These are all state sponsored NGO's if not pure governmental organizations.

I don't ever remember the Russian government paying or contributing in any way shape or form in any meaningful protests here in North America.

When foreign governments dick around in your backyard, you react. Plain and simple.

Firstly this is not a conflict between Russia and the USA. Russia does not have the right to invade the Ukraine, because of supposed funding of opposition.

Secondly, I can't believe your comparing an NGO teaching non-violent resistance to the Russian army invading a neighbour.

And yes, the Russians have plenty of fingers in the USA's neighbours: Cuba, Venezuela, etc..

Are you seriously arguing that the an NGO teaching non-violent protest is the same thing as the Russian military invading and annexing a neighbour?

you were saying. :rolleyes:

Viktor Andriyovych Yushchenko (Ukrainian: 11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png Ві́ктор Андрі́йович Ю́щенко (help·info); born February 23, 1954) is aUkrainian politician who was President of Ukraine from 2005 to 2010.

As an informal leader of the Ukrainian opposition coalition, he was one of the two main candidates in the October–November 2004 Ukrainian presidential election. Yushchenko won the presidency through a repeat runoff electionbetween him and Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovych. The Ukrainian Supreme Court called for the runoff election to be repeated because of widespreadelectoral fraud in favor of Viktor Yanukovych in the original vote. Yushchenko won in the revote (52% to 44%). Public protests prompted by the electoral fraud played a major role in that presidential election and led to Ukraine'sOrange Revolution.

why are you here?

Also i didn't mention either by name or their titles.. so it would be a little difficult to get the tittles wrong or spell their names incorrectly :picard:

:picard: Yanukovych was the PM up to 2004. He was the PM when Yushchenko was poisoned.

Now, learn a few things about American foreign policies before you come back.

Firstly this is not a conflict between Russia and the USA. Russia does not have the right to invade the Ukraine, because of supposed funding of opposition.

Secondly, I can't believe your comparing an NGO teaching non-violent resistance to the Russian army invading a neighbour.

And yes, the Russians have plenty of fingers in the USA's neighbours: Cuba, Venezuela, etc..

Are you seriously arguing that the an NGO teaching non-violent protest is the same thing as the Russian military invading and annexing a neighbour?

Firstly, it is a conflict between US and Russia. Only the naives and the spinners, which of course you are one, would try to persuade the people otherwise.

Secondly, I have not said or implied Russia has the right to invade anybody. You are spinning by purposely mis-interpreting what I am saying. Of course this is what you do.

Thirdly, I do agree with you about Cuba and Venezuela and other Russian allies in the Americas as examples of Russia's foreign policy. But the difference is the people in South America predominantly opposes US influence. Where as Ukraine is more like a split that the US can actively take advantage of. And the US does.

No one said funding for protests and armed military action is the same thing. Again you are spinning by mis-intepreting.

The fact that you thought American supporters of the Orange Revolution were Ukrainian Americans go to show that you are not better at this than Prana.

Archived