The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[BOXING]Related discussion here!

Angry Goose

He doesn't break down fighters. That was my point. He runs away, then taps his opponent more times. It's downright stupid for him to claim to be the best fighter of all time!

Poop fights? Moronic!!! I grew up watching actual fighters, not cowardly tap-fighters. Give me Sugar-Ray or the Hitman over The Coward any day.

Funny how you mention Ricky Hatton as an 'actual' fighter- he was completely dismantled by Floyd. I'm not even a big Floyd fan either, but his high level of skill is plain as day.

I appreciate a Gatti/Ward battle as much of the next guy, but seeing guys get repeatedly hit I just annoys me because it shows a lack of defense. Maybe people would like to see Floyd let the hands go a bit more and take more risk- I wouldn't mind seeing that either- maybe vs Khan who knows. But if Floyd's 'style' isnt for you don't bother. Go watch some Mexican fighters or something.

I still wish James Toney was around. King of trash talk that could back it up.

Edited by SILLY GOOSE

• 3 weeks later...

Since it is pretty slow in the world of boxing I thought I'd post this. Although I've heard of Augustus before, I had never seen any of his fights. Watched this while working out the other day- what a battle! Slick boxer too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxSN5JGsSxo

I wouldn't want to see porter vs broner, I think that Porter would win it easily. Broner is flat footed, he's not smart in the ring, no power(in 147) Idk why he compares himself to Floyd, if he couldn't see Maidanas punches he wouldn't be able to see porters, and broner now is challenging pacquiao he said he'll fight him in any weight which is beyond retarded to me, cuz he hasn't earned anything to fight PAC and I believe it would destroy his career pacs way faster and stronger than him

SILLY GOOSE. Remember when I said this? It came true!

Paulie vs Danny Garcia in about hour and 20. Cant wait.

SILLY GOOSE. Remember when I said this? It came true!

Paulie vs Danny Garcia in about hour and 20. Cant wait.

hehe. Weird that my wish came true as well. You're sure right about Broner not having enough power at 147- he's just too small for that division.

Despite some of his douchy attitude and recent losses, I still think Broner is game. I rewatched his fight vs Maidana and tbh it wasn't that thrilling of a victory. When Broner FINALLY started to let his hands go in the last 2 rounds he was completely dominating Maidana, but too little too late. Porter bull rushed him too, probably after watching Maidana doing the same thing.

We will see though. He's gotta start winning fights. Lil surprised Paulie is still fighting. He should stick with being an analyst- he's pretty good at it

How about this for a fight y'all:

Keith Thurman vs Amir Khan @ welter weight?

Edited by SILLY GOOSE