The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[BOXING]Related discussion here!

Angry Goose

I'm going to be buying this fight for one sole purpose, to hopefully see Pacquiao knock the cocky smug right off Mayweathers face.

Floyd knows how to box to his strengths though, and he has a lot of them. I couldn't agree more with the posters who say how the ref controls the clinch in this fight will favour Mayweather, especially in later rounds as Pac tires of pushing off.

Looking forward to seeing some good ass flurries, but as these guys are both past 35, I can't expect it to be a fantastic fight. This should have happened 5 years ago. Of course, Floyd was too scared to fight him then because he knew he might actually lose both the fight, and his perfect record.

47-1

Has a nice ring to it

;)

So I pretty much gave away the fact that I don't really follow fighting when I just asked my Filipino neighbour if he was watching and would be cheering for "Merriweather"?

"Huh? [Expletive] NO!".

He then brought me up to speed on the match. Bout? And invited me over to watch (they're dragging a big ass TV outside), so go Pacquiao. My people. I shall be there.

the way Canada is passionate about hockey, multiply that by 60 and you get the passion Filipinos have for pacquiao.

On top of liking Pacquiao more, there's no way I would cheer for someone who's got a history of abusing his wife.

Hoping Mayweather gets knocked the &^@# out.

rant:

I was so disappointed at the lack of knowledge the tsn1040 radio guys have for the sport of boxing. Boxing is not dead after this fight, if anything, its going to open a lot of new fans to the sport. When these two guys retire new Stars will emerge and finally get their time in the spotlight.

Khan, Bradley, Thurman, Crawford, Danny Garcia, Mikey Garcia, Rigondeau, Lomonchenko, Matthyse, Wilder, Tyson Fury ... just to name a few.

UFC can only dream of generating this much interest world wide. Their main attraction is a woman (no offence to Rousey.) Their heavyweight champion got arrested, and their fight cards rarely live up the hype.

the UFC stars make pennies compared to boxers not even named MP and FM. So how can boxing be dying when time and time again they make the most money in the fight game.

Sekeras and Price should stick to hockey and football cause that was embarrassing to listen to them pretend they knew the sport and where its headed.

end rant.

Does anyone know if there is radio coverage of the fight? Don't even need play by play. Just summary of each round.

when the fight is on just google Pacquiao Mayweather, im sure theres going to be hundreds of links.

the way Canada is passionate about hockey, multiply that by 60 and you get the passion Filipinos have for pacquiao.

On top of liking Pacquiao more, there's no way I would cheer for someone who's got a history of abusing his wife.

Hoping Mayweather gets knocked the frack out.

He's also got a very strong hispanic fan base. It was funny seeing a pro Manny crowd and seeing the local boy Floyd getting booed lol, i think it also affected him a little bit, he almost looked sad to be honest. lol

Anyways im going with TMT!!

THE MANNY TEAM :bigblush:

FM needs to come out and win the early rounds cause unlike his previous opponents, Pac doesnt tire so he can just pot shot all the way to victory.

That being said, if he tries to come after Pac he's playing into Pac's hands. He will open up and throw those long jabs to the body and get caught with a right hook from Manny and a straight left.

I think this fight is going to live up the the hype, i followed both the training camps closely and they both have had the longest training camp in their careers. They will be ready. ding ding ding :frantic:

So I pretty much gave away the fact that I don't really follow fighting when I just asked my Filipino neighbour if he was watching and would be cheering for "Merriweather"?

"Huh? [Expletive] NO!".

He then brought me up to speed on the match. Bout? And invited me over to watch (they're dragging a big ass TV outside), so go Pacquiao. My people. I shall be there.

you picked a good fight to watch!

Does anyone know if there is radio coverage of the fight? Don't even need play by play. Just summary of each round.

tons of websites live blog the event so you can find tons of updates on google.