The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Babcock, Cooper, Roy named Jack Adams Finalists

Roy turned a 29th place team into a playoff team in less than a season......

But all 3 candidates are surely worthy

Cooper turned the 28th place team into a playoff team with Stamkos missing over half the season.

A lot of people had Colorado turning it around. They had the talent and added the #1 overall pick.

Before the season if I told you Stamkos would miss most of the season but Tampa Bay would make the playoffs and finish 2nd in their division, would you believe it?

Good choices, although Bruce Boudreau should also have recieved consideration. Did anyone here honestly think the Ducks would win the Presidents trophy with a second line that included a 42 year old Sellane and a almost as old Koivu?

Anaheim didn't even win the Presidents Trophy.

I'm astonished that Babcock received a nomination ahead of some other, more impressive coaches - such as Craig Berube (great turnaround for the Flyers), Todd Richards (took BJs to playoffs ahead of Detroit) and Mike Yeo (managed to get the Wild into the mix).

Cooper ftw.

Ben Bishop deserves the award, not Cooper. Sure he didn't have Stamkos, but Tampa Bay has a lot of good pieces and especially young forwards who really bloomed this season. Hard to tell if that's the coach's doing or players.

I'd say Roy deserves it the most though. This team was very similar to the bottom-dwelling teams of a few years ago and Roy managed to turn them into a Conference powerhouse during the regular season.

Ben Bishop deserves the award, not Cooper. Sure he didn't have Stamkos, but Tampa Bay has a lot of good pieces and especially young forwards who really bloomed this season. Hard to tell if that's the coach's doing or players.

I'd say Roy deserves it the most though. This team was very similar to the bottom-dwelling teams of a few years ago and Roy managed to turn them into a Conference powerhouse during the regular season.

Same could be said for Varlamov. He was on his head while Colorado was getting dominated every game.

Oh sure. Tampa has lots of good pieces and young forwards but not Colorado. O'Reilly, Landeskog, Duchene, Mackinnon, Stastny, etc are all fourth line plugs who Patrick Roy coached into the playoffs.

Before the season most hockey fans had no idea who Palat and Johnson were.

Archived