The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Nick Ritchie] Junior Point totals vs Getzlaf, Lucic, and Nash

Merci

Nobody can play at 230. I think Ritchie is far better served to play at 215 or 220 at the most.

Kass was 232 when he got here and is far more effective at 215. He still wins all the battles on the boards. Ritchies foot speed is not the greatest but nobody expects him to be a superstar sniper.

He should be able to crank out 25 goals -even 30 on occasion - and hit 60 points. This is the good scenario for him to match Lucic's totals. He may not, but why not give hm the benefit of the doubt.

I certainly dont take him at 6 but that is only because I feel Ehlers and Nylander are better players.

I'm sorry, did you just say Kassian wins all the board battles? Yep you did. You're retarded.

We'll see. If Desharnais hoists the cup this year you better eat some crow.

The big players on the team do a lot more than provide points they are hard to knock off the puck they stand in front of the net and make life difficult on D-men 1 of the more important jobs they have is to free up space for small players.

The big players on the team do a lot more than provide points they are hard to knock off the puck they stand in front of the net and make life difficult on D-men 1 of the more important jobs they have is to free up space for small players.

Ok sure. But Montreal has enough little speedy forwards to be considered a "little speedy team." Seems to be working out pretty well for them.

Central Scouting's Chris Edwards:

"He's a big, physical, tough guy, When he's playing and using his size and strength he's tough to knock off the puck. He goes to the net hard and has that power-forward mentality that's tough for people to handle. He protects the puck and has an excellent shot off the rush."

Ritchie's strong play earned him a spot on Team Cherry at the 2014 BMO CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game in January.

The Hockey Writers
From the War Room - Eldon MacDonald:

A few words on Nick Ritchie:

Massive – Nick is just one big guy at 6’3, 229 lb. He can look like Mr. Teddy at times but get him along

the boards and it doesn’t take long before Mr. Grizzly shows up.

Skills – This is a guy who has all the skills to go with his massive size – Fights, hits, intimidates;

power stride, elite wrist shot, excellent hands; drives hard to the net, dominant fore-checker, punishes

along the boards.

Genes: His brother, Dallas Stars prospect Brett Ritchie, is a favourite of mine. His Dad, Paul, was also

coached by former Peterborough Head Coach, Mike Pelino, when he played at Brock University.

Potential growth – Like his brother, Brett, Nick’s career has been held back by injuries. I don’t think we

have seen anywhere near the potential of Nick just yet. By the way, Brett’s career didn’t really hit stride

until after his draft year either. For the teams doing the drafting this year, this is a classic case of

“the glass is half full” conundrum. Those teams looking at the potential that Nick has may have him higher

than I have at 6th; those teams looking at his injuries as a concern will have him lower.

Reminds me of: Rick Nash

I'm sorry, did you just say Kassian wins all the board battles? Yep you did. You're retarded.

You obviously dont watch the games. Kassian wins almost all the board battles he is involved in.

Please tell me you aren't really a father. You aren't anywhere near mature enough to raise a child.

If he is close to a Brendan Shananah clone he goes 1st overall in my opinion. Especially in this draft.

Well he very well could go to the Flames, so thats 4th overall... Im not saying he will be as good, he just reminds me of Shanahan more then any other player.

Well he very well could go to the Flames, so thats 4th overall... Im not saying he will be as good, he just reminds me of Shanahan more then any other player.

He has always reminded me of Todd Bertuzzi, but now that you mention it Shanahan as well. You can never tell how a pick will turn out there have been some 1st overall picks that were busts.

I think Ritchie has the biggest upside if he develops to his full potential. You are correct he will probably go before 6th, but that ok he will be bumping a good player down to us.

He has always reminded me of Todd Bertuzzi, but now that you mention it Shanahan as well. You can never tell how a pick will turn out there have been some 1st overall picks that were busts.

I think Ritchie has the biggest upside if he develops to his full potential. You are correct he will probably go before 6th, but that ok he will be bumping a good player down to us.

Why dont we trade up to make sure Ritchie is still there when our turn comes. No point in taking a chance.

Why dont we trade up to make sure Ritchie is still there when our turn comes. No point in taking a chance.

As much as I think Ritchie has a huge upside and will probably reach it, you just can't predict the future, I think there will be a pretty good player available at 6th, and most teams would probably want a lot to trade.

Florida is willing to give up 1st but then we would have to take Ekblad, it would be pretty hard not to. Hmm Edler to Florida for 1st, draft Ekblad and hope Richie is stll around at 6th or Draisaitl/Dal Colle. I don't see us making any big moves without a GM though, Linden has always been a little on the cautious side.

Still all that being said I would like to see Richie in a Canucks Jersey instead of Edmonton or Calgary :shock:

You obviously dont watch the games. Kassian wins almost all the board battles he is involved in.

Please tell me you aren't really a father. You aren't anywhere near mature enough to raise a child.

Yeah, the most I have seen Kass lose a battle along the boards in a game was three times... But that was in the preseason against Edmonton, where he was still a few steps behind.

no need for the shot at the end though.

Looks to have very quick feet. Would like to see some other guys doing the same drills to compare. Be really nice to see how he compares to other big guys to see how he stacks up.

He has nice acceleration for a big man and a lethal wrist shot. He will be a good pro. If hes there at 6th id be shocked if we pass. Unless Dal Cole or Bennet are still around.

Archived