The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Calgary Flames signs German Forward David Wolf , 1 Year 925K 2 Way Deal

Brian Burke had nothing but bad things to say about him.

Burke also has a way of being a compulsive liar about these sorts of things. In the past he has used lying and devaluing players as a way to eventually get what he wants, to create a smoke trail.

That said I still don't see them taking Draisaitl, I believe he takes Ritchie for the fact that his team has a long rebuild in front of it, long enough that he has time to develop a budding power-forward, a player arch-type that takes longer to develop in general.

Burke also has a way of being a compulsive liar about these sorts of things. In the past he has used lying and devaluing players as a way to eventually get what he wants, to create a smoke trail.

That said I still don't see them taking Draisaitl, I believe he takes Ritchie for the fact that his team has a long rebuild in front of it, long enough that he has time to develop a budding power-forward, a player arch-type that takes longer to develop in general.

he's not taking Ritchie if one of Reinhart, Ekblad, Bennett, Dal Colle, or Draisaitl are available. We have a need for skill too. Stop pretending we are taking Ritchie so you can fantasize about one of those players on the Canucks.

Plus he has said he will let Treliving be the GM unless Brad comes to him for help. Treliving is a draft guru so he has a pretty good idea of what he's doing.

Archived