The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (5) New York Rangers vs (6) Los Angeles Kings

Who will win the series?  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So if there's a Game 7, it will coincide with Marty St. Louis' 39th birthday. Fate? I could see him winning the Cup in Game 7 and retiring Lanny McDonald - style.

Rangers have to watch out however - if they thought PK Subban was dangerous, they will have their hands full with Drew Doughty.

Doughty is basically what Subban wishes he could be one day - IMO the best offensive defenseman in the NHL.

lol wut? St. Louis isn't anywhere near done. He even went on record saying that he feels like he's still young. That, and the fact he's still under contract.

The Rangers are a completely different team now. '94 is irrelevant. Though I know many people will still hold a grudge against NYR because of it, even though it's a ridiculous reason to hate the 2014 Rangers.

I'd rather Messier get his name on the cup again rather than Brown. At least Messier wasn't going around kneeing people all season.

The "AV deserves a cup" thing isn't about the Canucks firing him, it's because many feel he was robbed of a cup in 2011. Everyone blames him for that loss but realistically, there was nothing he could have done to get that 4th win. As for his regular season, he was a new coach and it takes time for the team to buy into his system, even longer when they start the season with a lengthy road trip.

For St. Louis, I don't care about him wanting a trade, there could be more behind the scenes that we don't know. He's been one of the most respectful players of the last decade. And while a cup isn't going to help with the passing of his mother, I don't know why some people are against the Rangers just because of him.

If anything, it's all the Kings love that makes little sense.

Great post. Exactly how I feel. Maybe because I was 2 years old at the time of that finals loss and I dont remember it. But that was 20 years ago. AV gave us some great years so I'm rooting for him and the Rangers.

Apparently Jonathan Quick was forced to leave practice today, after taking a shot high in the shoulder/collarbone area from Kyle Clifford...

...obviously, this was engineered by Gary Bettman to try and even out the playing field for the supposed underdog Rangers.

(Clifford later said that Quick told him he was "fine", but can we believe him, knowing that he's on Gary's payroll?)

Robyn Regehr is healthy and ready for game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals vs the Rangers. “I think it’s going to be a coach’s decision. I think that I’ve been working hard at getting back to feeling like I can be ready to roll,” Regehr told reporters.

“At this point it’s whatever Darryl would like me to be. If he feels he would like me in the lineup I feel like I’m ready to go. If he wants to stay with the same lineup that was successful in game 7 against Chicago I totally understand that too.”

Jonathan Quick took a high Kyle Clifford slapper to the shoulder/collarbone area and skated to the boards showing some discomfort. He stayed hunched over by the Kings' bench for a few minutes before leaving the ice without facing another shot.

Clifford later said Quick told him he's fine. We will see tomorrow night!

Its le bummer that the Canadiens didn't squeeze out a victory. Even then, do I really want to watch the Habs hoist the Cup a 25th time?

Really is there a team out there, besides the Canucks, that you'd like to see win? If its an original six or other vintage club, they've probably already won, and if its a relatively new team it feels like they don't deserve it (Carolina, Tampa..). I still have a bad taste in my mouth from '94 in NY, and I hated the twitter taunting and Brown getting away with #*@# on the ice from the Kings, besides they just won it not long ago.

But I can't stand the pity party St. Louis is getting. You know what?...Everybody loses a mother. Not everybody gets the chance to play in the Olympics for Team Canada.....but with a chip on his shoulders because he wasn't asked right away and then demand a trade because he just couldn't grow up and let it go. Tired of his little man syndrome, everybody-is-out-to-get-me. I don't want to see him rewarded for his tantrum. And I didn't like the shot of Messier lording over MSG either. So go Kings go!

Well if it makes you feel better I don't think LA is a Southern Team or categorized as one. I don't recall people calling LA the "south".

Sorry, what I meant was teams where it is so warm and hot ice hockey is not really a thing.

I didn't mean the South, as in geographically, more of a general descriptive.

Zuccarello and the Rangers are making quite the headlines in Norway right now. Zuccarello, being the first Norwegian in a Stanley Cup Final has brought a hockey "fever" to the rest of the country. The amount of people who stay up until 2/3 a.m. increased with every game the Rangers has played this post-season. Really looking forward to the SCF and I've gotta go with Rangers in 6 games. Hopefully Zucc gets the goal that seals it!

I can sort of understand why some older fans hate NYR, but as someone who was less than a year old in 94 and didnt start watching hockey until the early 2000's, I have absolutely nothing against the Rangers. Especially against Dirty Brown and his division rival kings.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!

Cant stand LA and their diving captain who never gets called out and whiny ass doughty...so even though its going to be the 20th year anniversary of the rangers beating the Canucks i'd rather see NY win over LA

I can sort of understand why some older fans hate NYR, but as someone who was less than a year old in 94 and didnt start watching hockey until the early 2000's, I have absolutely nothing against the Rangers. Especially against Dirty Brown and his division rival kings.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!

Exactly. The only ones here who don't like the rangers are the old farts still holding a grudge. Outside of Carcillo they don't really have any unlikeable players.

Archived