The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (5) New York Rangers vs (6) Los Angeles Kings

Who will win the series?  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kings will hold Stanley Cup parade on Monday:

Event Date – Monday, June 16th

Overview: This will be the official parade to celebrate the 2014 NHL Stanley Cup Champion LA Kings. The parade will begin at 5th and Figueroa and will head south to the STAPLES Center. Following the parade, there will be a Season Ticket Member Rally which is set to start at approx. 1:00pm.

Parade begins: 12pm
Rally begins: Est: 1:00pm (ticketed only)

Parade Information:
The parade will be open to all fans that are able to attend. The parade will begin at 5th St. and Figeuroa and end with a brief celebration in LA Live Plaza. Fans are encouraged to line Figueroa St, as access to the rally and LA Live plaza will be blocked off. Please plan on arrival early to secure a spot. Unless you have a ticket, please watch the parade along Figueroa.

If you have a ticket to the rally, the parade will be shown on the Jumbotron in STAPLES Center.

Rally:
A Season Ticket Member rally will take place inside STAPLES Center at approximately 1pm, immediately following the parade. This is a ticketed event which will be sold out. Ticketing information to the rally will be distributed to LA Kings Season Ticket Members via email.

Event Schedule:
11:30pm Doors to STAPLES Center open for ticketed guests for the Rally
12:00pm Parade Starts down Figueroa at 5th st.
12:25pm Parade turns onto 11th street
12:30pm Kings Celebration Moment on 11th street in front of STAPLES Center
1:15pm Estimated Rally Starts
2:30pm Rally ends

We anticipate that both the parade and Rally will be broadcast on Fox Sports West for those unable to attend.

Parade Street Closures:
Figueroa from 5th to 11th - 11am-1pm
11th street between Figueroa and Georgia from 4am until 1pm

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=722702&navid=DL|LAK|home

Only thing I can think of is they dont have any pure goal scorers like Gaborik or Carter.

Nash failed miserably.

Yeah too bad the Rangers didn't have Gaborik I bet they would have won the cup if they had a player like him. owait

Losing is losing. At least go out with pride and dignity

If losing is losing, what difference does it make how you "go out"?

You seem to want to hate the Canucks and love the Rags. But the Canucks played better than the Rags, despite not having as much star power.

Did they get abused? Yes. Would stooping to the Bs level give them more dignity somehow? According to you: yes.

Just noticed something interesting: Quick's regular season SV% (.915) was higher than his playoff SV% (.911). And his stats were worse than Luo's in 2011. Not dissing Quick, just pointing out yet another example for those who swear the goalie has to outperform his regular season stats to give his team a chance...

Yeah that's 3 times it's happened since maybe the 1980s? And the difference with Luo is that he never outperformed his regular season stats except for his first year.

a city that didn't deserve a hockey team in the first place. kings can win three more titles, but hockey will always be an afterthought in that superficial cesspool

There are some who would say the team that plays the best and wins four games in the finals is the team that "deserved" it.

And if hockey is an afterthought, as you say, isn't it good for the league and the game for that "cesspool" to win a couple of cups to elevate awareness of the game?

Yeah, I think the real problem is that you are bitter and sour grapes that the Canucks couldn't get it done when they got to the dance and the Kings got it done each of the last two times they went.

It would be sad if it weren't so funny.

Yeah that's 3 times it's happened since maybe the 1980s? And the difference with Luo is that he never outperformed his regular season stats except for his first year.

You'd have to look it up to see how many times the SC winning goalie hasn't bettered their regular season SV%, but no point in wild guessing just to suit your own POV.

My point was it definitively proves a goalie doesn't have to outperforming his regular season stats to give his team a chance to win. And his SV% in both the regular season and post season were lower than we got from Luo in 2011. In fact, Quick's regular season SV% was lower this year than Luo's was. Again, just proves the goalie doesn't win the Cup. The TEAM does.

There are some who would say the team that plays the best and wins four games in the finals is the team that "deserved" it.

And if hockey is an afterthought, as you say, isn't it good for the league and the game for that "cesspool" to win a couple of cups to elevate awareness of the game?

Yeah, I think the real problem is that you are bitter and sour grapes that the Canucks couldn't get it done when they got to the dance and the Kings got it done each of the last two times they went.

It would be sad if it weren't so funny.

why are you talking about the team, i said the city didn't deserve it, of course the team that hoists the stanley cup deserves it

" isn't it good for the league and the game for that "cesspool" to win a couple of cups to elevate awareness of the game? "

i hate this mindset. why would i care if the people in sunbelt cities become hockey fans? what's with this "the game needs to grow, we need more exposure" cr*p? i wish they would stick to their football (stupidest sport ever invented), sissyboy baseball and lame basketball and leave hockey to the real cities.

" I think the real problem is that you are bitter and sour grapes that the Canucks couldn't get it done "

you don't have to go back to 2011, i'm bitter and sour grapes that montreal couldn't get it done against the rangers. i'm not ashamed to admit that i wanna see a real hockey town where the stanley cup playoff ratings trumps every other stuff on tv hoisting the cup.

Gotta remember how bad he was in the first 3 games against the Sharks - take those out, and the rest of the way he had a 920%, and a 932% in the finals, while Lundqvist was just (just) 923% in the finals.

Gotta remember how bad he was in the first 3 games against the Sharks - take those out, and the rest of the way he had a 920%, and a 932% in the finals, while Lundqvist was just (just) 923% in the finals.

You mean Quick? I think you're forgetting the WCF against Chicago when his SV% was below .900 in 4 of the 7 games and his series SV% was .889 (lower than Luo's .891 in the SCF). He was also pulled once during the 2nd round Anaheim series. Even in the Finals, when his team was clearly dominating the play most of the time, his SV% was below .900 in 2 of the 5 games and the OT time in the final game boosted his SCF stats significantly since that's when he faced half of the 30 shots he faced. Had his team won in regulation, his SV% in that game would have been .867, meaning he would have been below .900 in 3 of the 5 games. (If you're curious, his SCF series SV% would have dropped to a .924.) And Quick's GAA in the post season was 2.58, which is comparable to the 2.56 GAA Luo had in our 2011 run.

The point is not that he played badly. The point is that he didn't have to be perfect to play well enough for his team to win. As we saw yet again with the Rangers, a team that expects their goalie to win it for them will lose.

why are you talking about the team, i said the city didn't deserve it, of course the team that hoists the stanley cup deserves it

" isn't it good for the league and the game for that "cesspool" to win a couple of cups to elevate awareness of the game? "

i hate this mindset. why would i care if the people in sunbelt cities become hockey fans? what's with this "the game needs to grow, we need more exposure" cr*p? i wish they would stick to their football (stupidest sport ever invented), sissyboy baseball and lame basketball and leave hockey to the real cities.

" I think the real problem is that you are bitter and sour grapes that the Canucks couldn't get it done "

you don't have to go back to 2011, i'm bitter and sour grapes that montreal couldn't get it done against the rangers. i'm not ashamed to admit that i wanna see a real hockey town where the stanley cup playoff ratings trumps every other stuff on tv hoisting the cup.

TV ratings. A real hockey town has better TV ratings?

I get it now.

You mean Quick? I think you're forgetting the WCF against Chicago when his SV% was below .900 in 4 of the 7 games and his series SV% was .889 (lower than Luo's .891 in the SCF). He was also pulled once during the 2nd round Anaheim series. Even in the Finals, when his team was clearly dominating the play most of the time, his SV% was below .900 in 2 of the 5 games and the OT time in the final game boosted his SCF stats significantly since that's when he faced half of the 30 shots he faced. Had his team won in regulation, his SV% in that game would have been .867, meaning he would have been below .900 in 3 of the 5 games. (If you're curious, his SCF series SV% would have dropped to a .924.) And Quick's GAA in the post season was 2.58, which is comparable to the 2.56 GAA Luo had in our 2011 run.

The point is not that he played badly. The point is that he didn't have to be perfect to play well enough for his team to win. As we saw yet again with the Rangers, a team that expects their goalie to win it for them will lose.

Kinda disagree with all that - while Quick had lapses early on in games, he pretty much had to play perfect in more pressure situations than any goalie in the playoffs this year. All those game 7's and overtimes and elimination games - it was Grant Fuhr-esque, where he made the saves he had to make.

And if you wanna pick and choose between games, Luongo's run is a horrible comparison considering the extreme highs and lows between his home and away games. There probably hasn't been a more hot/cold performance in the cup finals in its entire history.

Overall though, goalie stats just aren't advanced enough to measure/compare accurately. A 930% save percentave against the Oilers versus a 930% against the Hawks can't really be compared equally. They should introduce advanced goalie stats that take into account the level of competition, and perhaps save %'s when the game is tied/close or in the third period.

Archived