The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (5) New York Rangers vs (6) Los Angeles Kings

Who will win the series?  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

JB: Uh, hello, John?

JS: Yes.

JB: Hi, It's Jim Benning. Congratulations!

JS: Thank-you, Jim,

JB: So are you free to talk Canucks' hockey?

JS: I'm just changing my clothes for the victory parade, Jim.

JB: Victory parade? Oh okay,.. I can meet ya down in the marshalling area.

JS: Uh...you're not a part of the LA Kings organization, Jim.

JB: Oh yah,...I know...but in time, you're gonna make us all just like 'em,...right John?

JS: You're presuming a lot, Jim.

JB: But,..where would the challenge be gettin' another Cup in LA , again? I mean 3 times...with the same team? That's just silly...

JS: Actually...I think that'd be pretty satisfying, Jim.

JB: I mean... you really enjoy popping the cork the first time... am I right?

JS : Your'e embarassing yourself, Jim.

JB: The Canucks need you! You're clearly the brains of that outfit! Sutter sounds like he just woke up from a drug-induced coma...

JS: You're rushing things, Jim...I've got some calls to return...

JB: Calls?! You've had other calls! Who's talking to ya...those sons-of-.....

JS: Good-bye, Jim.

JB: Was it..Rutherford? Hexy? Ronnie Francis?! Why I oughta...okay, okay...we'll get ice girls...better ice girls, even...

JS: "click"

JB: Hello? You there, John-boy?! Johnnnnnyyy!!!!

Battle of Goliaths in the cup finals. The Blackhawks were oh so close to their second cup in a row, but lost in game 7.

The only teams that can beat the Kings or the Hawks are each other.

That seems to be about it. Unstoppable force vs. Immovable object. Wouldn't be surprised to see several more cups between the two of them over the next number of years.

Also, LOL at the Rags. No chance in this series.

Rangers are the 2nd best team in the east behind Boston. I don't understand what's so weak about their team. Someone please elaborate.

Only thing I can think of is they dont have any pure goal scorers like Gaborik or Carter.

Nash failed miserably.

Rangers are the 2nd best team in the east behind Boston. I don't understand what's so weak about their team. Someone please elaborate.

They don't have first line caliber players aside from St Louis. Honestly, if St Louis' mother doesn't pass away, they would have rolled over versus the Penguins. That event caused the team to get closer and rally around together and play some really inspired hockey.

The Rangers are going to go the route of the devils after their cup run. They are going to lose Richards to a buyout, Nash is terrible and has an albatross of a contract, St Louis will be retiring soon, their prospect pool is the worst in the league and they don't have their next two first rounders. Also, as good as Lundqvist is, That contract is brutal and will look even worse in a few years. The future is bleak for that team.

You have to wonder how Torts is perceived by his peers, dumped by the Rangers, they get to the cup final, and he gets fired by his new team all within a year. Healy as well, commented about his coaching methods during the game last night as well. Something to the effect that if this was his team, (Rangers) his failure to roll 4 lines would be suicide.

Overall, some very good series this SC playoffs, you have to wonder though, how much of an impact this will have on the fan base in SoCal? Are the fans all in now? I still think that if you walked 2 blocks from the Staples Center, and mentioned the Kings, you would get a blank stare.

They don't have first line caliber players aside from St Louis. Honestly, if St Louis' mother doesn't pass away, they would have rolled over versus the Penguins. That event caused the team to get closer and rally around together and play some really inspired hockey.

The Rangers are going to go the route of the devils after their cup run. They are going to lose Richards to a buyout, Nash is terrible and has an albatross of a contract, St Louis will be retiring soon, their prospect pool is the worst in the league and they don't have their next two first rounders. Also, as good as Lundqvist is, That contract is brutal and will look even worse in a few years. The future is bleak for that team.

They don't have a superstar but they have 3 really good second lines all 9 of which are capable of producing 50-60 points. And the same can be said about Boston. They win by committee which is probably better than building around one guy anyway.

If Lundqvist plays like that every year he more than earned his paycheck.

They don't have a superstar but they have 3 really good second lines all 9which are capable of producing 50-60 points. And the same can be said about Boston. They win by committee which is probably better than building around one guy anyway.

If Lundqvist plays like that every year he more than earned his paycheck.

They have six at best. Two of which are buyout candidates that are declining fast and likely won't hit 50 again. They're going to be pretty mediocre next year.

Also, Lundqvist is 32. The likelihood of him playing at his current level for the duration of his monsterous deal is slim to none. He's got 2-3 seasons tops of this level of play.

They have six at best. Two of which are buyout candidates that are declining fast and likely won't hit 50 again. They're going to be pretty mediocre next year.

Also, Lundqvist is 32. The likelihood of him playing at his current level for the duration of his monsterous deal is slim to none. He's got 2-3 seasons tops of this level of play.

Kreider, Richards, Zuccarello, Brassard, St. Louis, Nash, Hagelin and Stepan all capable of 50+ points

I'm almost certain they will make the eastern conference finals next year while our Canucks dwindle into obscurity.

You gotta hand it to LA, they are one hell of a great team, and they don't win by playing dirty or taking runs at the goalie. They battled their way back from deficits right through, taking out all these tough teams like The Sharks, Ducks, Chicago. The way they keep coming back shows a lot of character. They totally deserved it and they have my respect and admiration. Some say they had an easy run the last time they won the cup. That certainly wasn't the case this time. This will surely silence the doubters. They are the real deal, no question.

You must be unfamiliar with Dustin Brown. I'm sure Luongo or Schneider would straighten you out on that one.

2nd best???? :huh: They finished 5th in the east this season, (behind Boston, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay and Montreal)12th in the league...

You have to wonder how Torts is perceived by his peers, dumped by the Rangers, they get to the cup final, and he gets fired by his new team all within a year. Healy as well, commented about his coaching methods during the game last night as well. Something to the effect that if this was his team, (Rangers) his failure to roll 4 lines would be suicide.

Overall, some very good series this SC playoffs, you have to wonder though, how much of an impact this will have on the fan base in SoCal? Are the fans all in now? I still think that if you walked 2 blocks from the Staples Center, and mentioned the Kings, you would get a blank stare.

The fan base in So Cal is great. I don't know why people question it. Sure there are a lot of new fans jumping in with what the Kings have done the last 3 seasons, but the Kings and hockey in general have been very much on the forefront lately.

There are 2 teams in the So Cal area and both get great support. The Kings have sold out every game the last couple years (and that streak will certainly continue next season). The Kings-Ducks sold out the Dodgers Stadium game, and So Cal is even producing NHL players now.

LA will never be a hockey hotbed at the level of certain cities (ie Vancouver), but hockey is alive and very popular in So Cal.

Kreider, Richards, Zuccarello, Brassard, St. Louis, Nash, Hagelin and Stepan all capable of 50+ points

I'm almost certain they will make the eastern conference finals next year while our Canucks dwindle into obscurity.

Nonsense! Pitt will nab Kesler, & they'll be back in black.

Just noticed something interesting: Quick's regular season SV% (.915) was higher than his playoff SV% (.911). And his stats were worse than Luo's in 2011. Not dissing Quick, just pointing out yet another example for those who swear the goalie has to outperform his regular season stats to give his team a chance...

Archived