The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

3 Draft day trades (Proposal)

Obviously at the moment it does not seem that Manegement wants a rebuild they want to stay in the playoffs so with that in mind i propose these deals that will make us a contending team once again.

To Anaheim- Kesler, Hansen, 2nd rounder2014 , 3rd round 2014,2015 2nd round

To Canucks-10th overall, Emerson Etem, Jacob Silfverberg, 24th overall

To Toronto- rights to Schroeder, Garrison, 2014 2nd (Winnipeg), Mathias (just to sweeten it a bit)

to Canucks- Nazem Kadri,

To Winnipeg- Gaunce,24th overall, Higgins, Markstrom

To Canucks- Evander Kane, 2014 2nd

Then with our sixth we draft Nylander OR BPA

With the 10th we get Jake Virtanen OR Hayden Fleury

In- Emerson Etem, Jacob Silfverberg, Nazem Kadri, Evander Kane, 2014 2nd, 2014 10th overall.

Out-Kesler, Hansen, 2nd rounder2014 , 3rd round 2014, rights to Schroeder, Garrison, Gaunce, 24th overall, Higgins, Markstrom

2015 Line up

Sedin Sedin Kane

Burrows Kadri Kassian

Etem Horvat Silfverberg

Santorelli Richardson Sestito

Edler Hamhuis

Bieksa Tanev

Corrado Stanton

Lack

Veteran Netminder

Buyout Booth

And Jensen In the minors to start, still think he needs to play in the minors to develop into a better sniper

sign Brodeur to mentor Lack

We do this so we stay in playoff contention while getting younger, also to bring some swagger back into our lineup which we are missing since the cup run, also we get bigger and skill which will complement each other.

2nd proposal on CDC so please give constructive comments so i could improve on value.

"Cheers"

Your Kesler trade isn't bad, but Winnipeg laughs at us with that Kane trade.

Why would they laugh just curious?

If they have problems with Kane, and they get offered 3 first round picks (counting Gaunce as a 1st rounder, as he was and he is developing just fine.) Plus a solid 2-3 line guy and a goalie prospect.

I dont think they would laugh at it, not saying they would except or we would even offer that, just saying dont see how anyone laughs at 3 first rounders + for a player they have problems with

I'd take our 2nd round pick out of the Kesler trade. Hansen and the other picks should be enough to get the extra piece from Anaheim. Or if not, add another later round pick or a b-prospect.

Personally, I don't like the Winnipeg trade at all. I think we need to give Fox a tryout before we ship him off. He is one prospect that really intrigues me. 64 goals in one season in the OHL is amazing and we need to at least see him play against pro's (AHL and/or training camp) before we decide to keep him or not. Not sure I want Kane on our team either.

Those are all pretty good trades actually and keep us competitive. However, for all of you saying Garrison (top-4 defenceman, never hit 40 points in his career) is worth more than Kadri (point per player, first line center on the Leafs) has to be joking. If anything, he'd demand a pick as well. Toronto may not like him, but they can't just throw away a 60-80 point producer for a 30 point defenceman and a probable bust in Schroeder. Also you have to re-sign Santorelli. Maybe sign Hiller if he fits in the cap.

As for the lineup, I'd go with something like this:

Sedin - Sedin - Kane (twins are the passers, Kane is the big R sniper/net presence)

Kassian - Kadri - Jensen (Kadri's size complemented by our two big young wingers, lots of energy here. Kadri is the passer, Jensen the shooter, Kassian the net presence)

Etem - Santorelli - Silverberg

Horvat - Richardson - Matthias

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Stanton - Corrado

Weber

Hiller

Lack

That team would make the playoffs next year.

Those are all pretty good trades actually and keep us competitive. However, for all of you saying Garrison (top-4 defenceman, never hit 40 points in his career) is worth more than Kadri (point per player, first line center on the Leafs) has to be joking. If anything, he'd demand a pick as well. Toronto may not like him, but they can't just throw away a 60-80 point producer for a 30 point defenceman and a probable bust in Schroeder. Also you have to re-sign Santorelli. Maybe sign Hiller if he fits in the cap.

As for the lineup, I'd go with something like this:

Sedin - Sedin - Kane (twins are the passers, Kane is the big R sniper/net presence)

Kassian - Kadri - Jensen (Kadri's size complemented by our two big young wingers, lots of energy here. Kadri is the passer, Jensen the shooter, Kassian the net presence)

Etem - Santorelli - Silverberg

Horvat - Richardson - Matthias

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Stanton - Corrado

Weber

Hiller

Lack

That team would make the playoffs next year.

Theres no Burrows, though

Archived