The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

More people are getting plastic surgery to look better in selfies

Grapefruits

I don't get "selfies" why does one have to take pictures of themself constantly. I'd much rather look at the artist on stage at a concert rather than look at your face or the awesome view that you're looking at instead of having to see your face again.

I personally don't take "selfies" because to me it's a waste of time and effort, I'd much rather do fun things, take a picture or two of what I did and post that instead. I also would rather have someone else take my picture from a distance, instead of taking a picture of myself by myself.

Don't understand selfie hate, honestly.

Maybe its because I'm part of the generation but I love stuff like snapchat.

Me neither. I don't really post selfies on my accounts that much but I do use snapchat a ton. Besides, the only reason selfies are so popular is because of the rear facing camera. People have been taking pictures of themselves for decades now, only difference is in the past you had to hand the camera to someone else or use the timer. Before that, they painted self portraits. I really don't understand why the media obsesses over it.

It really isn't a big deal, it's just for fun and there are much worse things you could be doing with your time. Putting things in perspective, if taking pictures of yourself is one of the biggest complaints about people these days, our world really isn't that bad.

I don't like people.

Post of the year.

And yeah, I don't get selfies. I've un-followed many of people on Instagram because they feel the need to post 2/3 pictures a day of themselves smiling at the camera in their bathroom or bedroom. Like good for you, if I've seen yourself awkwardly smiling in the mirror once, I've seen it a thousand times.

If you are actually doing something interesting, okay sure go for it, but I (as well as most people) don't really care if you're "chilling at home" on a Tuesday afternoon.

On the other topic, I've got nothing against plastic surgery. To an extent.

If you really feel like like you will get a self esteem boost by getting a smaller nose, or you're sick and tired of your A cups, go for it.

Just don't end up like this:

joan%20rivers.jpg

Very sad, but also very entertaining..

A testament to you not needing to make the mistake yourself to learn from it! You can learn from the stupid mistakes of others just as easily, which is why I don't feel bad for people like JR who wrecked their face with surgery.

I like social media and all. The occasional selfie is fine. But when I get my Facebook news feed spammed up with them, it gets annoying. I've hidden several people for posting too many selfies. This is also why I don't have Instagram.

Oh, and unless you suffer an accident or trauma to your face, I don't see why you would want to modify it significantly. People have jokingly told me I look like I was about to kill someone, and I have no intention of changing it.

Archived