The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Trade Kesler, get 2 Reinharts.

First we deal with ANA and trade Kesler.

I think this will be one of our only chances in a long time to get a young bonafide #1 centerman and draft 1st overall. We need someone to fill Henriks boots when he is demoted to 2nd line duties in 2-3 years. I have a few trade proposals here that might make it worth going in for young Reinhart. Here we go..

TO ANA:

Kesler

36th

TO VAN:

Etem

10th overall

24th overall

Palmeri

After this deal is complete we have more assets to deal with for landing SR. Next deal is with FLA on draft day:

TO FLA:

6th overall

Garrison

Palmeri

TO VAN

Reinhart

We need to overpay to get SR, and this should be more than enough. If thats not enough Tallon can get lost.

Then we can go for Griffin. The Islanders need to make the playoffs next year. If Edler is willing to waive his NTC to go to the big apple I would do Edler for Reinhart straight up. Edler would make NY a better team in the back end right away. Not sure if Snow would do it or not, but I'd try really hard to get Sams brother. Not sure what other package we would need to put together to get GR if Edler isn't part of the deal. Maybe something around Markstom, Hansen, 66th overall? The Reinhart's will lead us to the cup.

IN: S. Reinhart, G. Reinhart, Etem, 10th, 24th.

OUT: Kesler, 6th, Garrison, 36th, Palmeri, Edler(or whatever other package it would take)

Thoughts?

First we deal with ANA and trade Kesler.

I think this will be one of our only chances in a long time to get a young bonafide #1 centerman and draft 1st overall. We need someone to fill Henriks boots when he is demoted to 2nd line duties in 2-3 years. I have a few trade proposals here that might make it worth going in for young Reinhart. Here we go..

TO ANA:

Kesler

36th

TO VAN:

Etem

10th overall

24th overall

Palmeri

After this deal is complete we have more assets to replenish what we lost. Next deal is with FLA on draft day:

TO FLA:

6th overall

Garrison

Palmeri

TO VAN

Reinhart

We need to overpay to get SR, and this should be more than enough. If thats not enough Tallon can get lost.

Then we can go for Griffin. The Islanders need to make the playoffs next year. If Edler is willing to waive his NTC to go to the big apple I would do Edler for Reinhart straight up. Edler would make NY a better team in the back end right away. Not sure if Snow would do it or not, but I'd try really hard to get Sams brother. Not sure what other package we would need to put together to get GR. Maybe something around Markstom, Hansen, 66th overall? The Reinhart's will lead us to the cup.

IN: S. Reinhart, G. Reinhart, Etem, 10th, 24th.

OUT: Kesler, 6th, Garrison, Hansen, 36th, Palmeri, Edler(or whatever other package it would take)

Thoughts?

Anaheim rejects

Florida might accept, but I doubt it

Not too sure if Garrison would waive to go back to Florida. We'll probably have to give up someone like Tanev instead. Even that most likely won't be enough. Florida will probably be looking for a king's ransom for that 1st. It'll probably take some good wheeling and dealing to pry Griffin from NYI.

Even with Florida's 1st, I would probably take Ekblad. Just my opinion though, although that defeats the whole purpose of this proposal :P

I think adding Palmieri is too much for Anaheim. Etem, the 10th and 24th honestly is pretty good for Kesler. I think for Griffin it would have to take something along the lines of Edler, Higgins/Hansen, and the 36th.

Not bad though.

I love the ducks proposal but the florida one makes no sense to me as apperently garrison signed a hometown discount when signed here and i dont think he would wave the ntc esp to go back to florida. To me he is with us love him or hate him but i think theyd like corrado even more cause hes dependible hes strong mobile and young and hes a right shot. Everyone wants him

Gross Misconduct: why would you even bother replying to a thread in that way. If it bothers you so much that there is another "Kesler" thread why open it up in the first place and then make a pointless post like that. Ridiculous!

On to the thread topic... OP I think you would need to add a piece from Van to that first deal to get 2 first rounders, Etem and Palmieri. Maybe add in Hansen and change Palmieri to Bonino????

The second proposal: I'm not sure Garrison waives for Florida either. Besides that, not sure that's going to get you the first overall. I am pretty sure some other teams will offer up more.

The third proposal I don't think will work either because as the rumors state, Edler does not want to waive and if he were to waive I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be for NY Isles.

It would be pretty nice to have both Sam and Griffin though.

Gross Misconduct: why would you even bother replying to a thread in that way. If it bothers you so much that there is another "Kesler" thread why open it up in the first place and then make a pointless post like that. Ridiculous!

On to the thread topic... OP I think you would need to add a piece from Van to that first deal to get 2 first rounders, Etem and Palmieri. Maybe add in Hansen and change Palmieri to Bonino????

The second proposal: I'm not sure Garrison waives for Florida either. Besides that, not sure that's going to get you the first overall. I am pretty sure some other teams will offer up more.

The third proposal I don't think will work either because as the rumors state, Edler does not want to waive and if he were to waive I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be for NY Isles.

It would be pretty nice to have both Sam and Griffin though.

Thanks for the insight! Of those of you whom are interested I'm just fiddling around here looking to get all of your thoughts and opnions which I appreciate. It would be a dream getting one Reinhart, but getting both would be out of this world.

It's fascinating to me that everyone thinks Florida is trading their 1st overall pick to us (like it's already happened).

We'll see but the odds really aren't in our favour and if Benning pulls that off it would be truly amazing.

Sadly we probably won't get either of the Reinhart brothers but we will good a good player at #6 and hopefully do well in a possible Kesler trade.

It's fascinating to me that everyone thinks Florida is trading their 1st overall pick to us (like it's already happened).

We'll see but the odds really aren't in our favour and if Benning pulls that off it would be truly amazing.

Sadly we probably won't get either of the Reinhart brothers but we will good a good player at #6 and hopefully do well in a possible Kesler trade.

Yeah I guess you're right. Just dreaming I guess.

Everyone keeps stating how unlikely it is,that we'll get the top pick.

How unlikely was it last summer that we'd have such a poor season, so as to gain a #6 overall?

Most teams that finish near the bottom don't have the combination of our characteristics: crazed fan-market, recent success/track record, & rather high expectations to get back to a competitive level, pdq. These features, also combined with a house-cleaning of mgt/coaching, create an impetus to make bold moves, & take advantage of our(rare in recent history) poor finish.

This could certainly lead to a stronger possibility that our new mgt might try something fairly aggressive. So as fans we take note of all these variables, & are prone to speculate/roster-fantasize a tad. This appears to adversely affect/upset some people's days.

Hopefully this lousy season will be proven as a rare occurrence. Meanwhile, I say speculate/trade-fantasize to our heart's content; & let's enjoy what should be a pretty exciting draft.

I think we could draft second and still get Reinhart. I don't think Florida will take him but I like the idea of getting both Griffen and Sam. Maybe ...

To Van : 2nd overall 2014 ( Reinhart )

To Buff :Gaunce,10th 2014 ( kesler trade )

36 2014

To Van : Griffen Reinhart

To NYI : any of our too 6.that would waive

Draft Elhers , MDC . Or virtanen with The 6th

Everyone keeps stating how unlikely it is,that we'll get the top pick.

Actually it's quite the opposite, too many threads already about how we're getting the 1st pick.

Some of it's based on the media trying to sell their stories (fables) but alas...

it's time for a reality check as I can see that come draft day when we pick @ #6 the CDC will howl like they've just been shot.

I think you have to add a little more to the Anaheim deal to get Palmeiri.

To Van:

10th

24th

Etem

Palmeiri

To Ana:

Kesler

36th

mid round pick (5th?)

Cederholm

I think that deal could get it done.

I would probably add another small piece to the Florida deal too. Very small. Rights to Yannick Weber? Yann Sauve? Something like that.

The possibilities are endless if we can trade Kesler for those Ducks picks, then snag the a top 2 pick to get Reinhart.

Hypotetically with your trades and my additions:

Out:

Kesler

Garrison

Cederholm

Weber

Palmeiri (Thought briefly ours so doesn't count)

In:

Etem

Reinhart

Virtanen?

Sanheim? Demko? Honka?

Regardless, the additions far exceed the subtractions in my book. Only real loss is an underacheiving top 4 d-man in Garrison. Kesler at this point would walk in FA in 2 years if we don't ship him, so to me, getting a return for him is awesome. Reinhart + Etem in my book is better than everything we lose combined if they reach potential. Not to mention possibly adding someone like Virtanen and Sanheim. Man this offseason can make a huge impact on our future.

Archived