The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Putting it all together

1.) Kesler, 36th/66th overall to Anaheim for Etem, Theodore, 24th overall.

2.) Tanev/Theodore, Hansen, 6th overall for 1st overall.

3.) Draft Reinhart 1st overall, try getting a dman at 24th or BPA.

4.) Sign Goc 2 x $2 mill per or Bolland 2 x $3 per. Tanev same as Bolland if he stays. Vokun 2 x $2.5 mill per. Kassian 3 x $2 mill per. Santo 2 x $1.5 per.

Daniel - Henrik - Jensen

Higgins - Reinhart - Kassian

Shinkaruk - Bolland/Goc - Burrows

Matthias - Richardson - Santorelli

Sestito

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Elder - Tanev/Theodore

Garrison - Stanton

Weber, FA

Vokun

Lack

Surplus of centres in case of injuries, need that in order to win in this league. Bolland gives team some sandpaper and does a lot of shutdown work. Goc/Bolland at 2 years mean Horvat can fully develop his game in the minors. Give Corrado full season down in Utica where he'll see more ice with talented top prospects. And for those thinking Bolland won't sign at that, Gaborik signed at $4.9 mill per so that should take away a lot of leverage he has. And again if not, Goc will do too.

Minors, and idk, Tanev/Theodore help them on D instantly, Hansen gives them some depth, and they get Ehlera who they want at 6th. Seems pretty fair imo.

Very debatable that Theodore can help them instantly. He may have had a great junior season last year, but then so did Connauton when he was with the Giants. I'm not really sure why so many are high on him actually, when Vatanen would be a better and more proven player to bring back in a deal. Theodore still has a lot of risk, as he still needs to add bulk and has question marks about his play in his own end.

I'm not a fan of the deals overall though, if the Ducks include Theodore then we better be getting the 10th not the 24th. I'm not sure we even need to go after Goc and Bolland will sign for way more than that (especially if it's a short term deal). Vokoun is interesting but I'd still be happy with Lack and Markstrom instead.

I'm not gonna bash a proposal cause we all know how in depth they really can be ( I forget players all the time lol). But if we have Higgins on our second line this year I'm gonna be sad :(. Love him, prolly the best 3rd liner around.. But far from the best second liner if you were to throw him on the third and Shink on the second it would make more sense, I just don't know if Shink is gonna be ready for nhl minutes after his surgery. It's gonna take some time to get his explosiveness back in his skating.

”I like to write different line-ups out, then I stick them up on the wall and stare at them and decide if I think we can do something to make it work and if that’s a line-up that I think we can win with,” revealed Benning.

“That’s an ongoing process, every hour it changes, but we’re trying to buckle down here and get to what we need to do to make the team better.”

Improving the Canucks could come via trade and Benning said he spoke with 12-15 teams Wednesday about “moving up and moving down in the draft and different trade scenarios.”

I love these quotes from JB...it sounds like the entire CDC (with its countless proposals) can be found inside JB's head. I wonder if JB has angry debates with himself and posts these on his whiteboard? I wonder which inner voice he listens to -- the objective one or the irrational/emotional/homer voice? I wonder if any of his inner voices call each other a troll?

Wouldn't it be great to be a fly on the wall in the Canucks war room?

1.) Kesler, 36th/66th overall to Anaheim for Etem, Theodore, 24th overall.

2.) Tanev/Theodore, Hansen, 6th overall for 1st overall.

3.) Draft Reinhart 1st overall, try getting a dman at 24th or BPA.

4.) Sign Goc 2 x $2 mill per or Bolland 2 x $3 per. Tanev same as Bolland if he stays. Vokun 2 x $2.5 mill per. Kassian 3 x $2 mill per. Santo 2 x $1.5 per.

Daniel - Henrik - Jensen

Higgins - Reinhart - Kassian

Shinkaruk - Bolland/Goc - Burrows

Matthias - Richardson - Santorelli

Sestito

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Elder - Tanev/Theodore

Garrison - Stanton

Weber, FA

Vokun

Lack

Surplus of centres in case of injuries, need that in order to win in this league. Bolland gives team some sandpaper and does a lot of shutdown work. Goc/Bolland at 2 years mean Horvat can fully develop his game in the minors. Give Corrado full season down in Utica where he'll see more ice with talented top prospects. And for those thinking Bolland won't sign at that, Gaborik signed at $4.9 mill per so that should take away a lot of leverage he has. And again if not, Goc will do too.

Anaheim accepts.

Florida rejects, Hansen will need to be upgraded.

I personally don't see how Shinkaruk makes the team next season, yet Etem & Horvat don't.

Archived