The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion All Access Kesler Trade

Gstank29

His IPP is equally elite when trailing. Guess that squashes the question of how much his linemates had to do with his success.

Yeah, I get a little annoyed when I hear the suggestion that he's ridden the coat-tails of Getzlaf and Perry - anyone who has watched him play knows that is nonsense.

Yeah, I get a little annoyed when I hear the suggestion that he's ridden the coat-tails of Getzlaf and Perry - anyone who has watched him play knows that is nonsense.

It's pretty clear that Bonino was basically doing what Kesler did last year. A very good 2nd liner that could have played on most 1st lines (and thus was slotted in on the 1st PP unit) but was kept on the 2nd line to spread out the depth and scoring. The difference is that Kes is declining fast while Bonino was a rookie 2 years ago. Bonino didn't even get official "roster player" status until December of last year when he traded in his number 63 for 13.

I don't think it's sunk in yet that the year after his rookie season, he was the only guy the Ducks felt was good enough to play consistently with Perry and Getzlaf. Nucks fans should be a lot more excited than they are.

The 10 was never on the table, combine it with a 1 team gun that Kesler had at the Canucks head Bonino,Sbisa,McCann was a good deal. Kesler checked out on the Canucks after the Oly break when the team was down and injured, good riddance.

No he didn't.

Archived