The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

EA Access - Xbox One Only

The Xbox/Sony rants only started because a bunch of Xbox can't in this thread were saying, "IN b4 Sony fanboys", etc.

There was nothing being argued until then.

EA Access is a bit different than Season Ticket though, as it gives Vault games and other things. I just feel like that if EA Access is a hit, then companies like Activision and Ubisoft will follow suit. I highly doubt that if EA has Access then this will prevent any EA title from being free in PS+ or the Xbox Marketplace. They will make you want to pay more for that.

I cant disagree more, if this is successful then I HOPE other publishers follow suit. As long as the price point is in this same neighbourhood... I would gladly pay $90-100 a year for a netflix like access to big time games. If you were to purchase just 1 of those you are already nearly breaking even, and you get to play a ton more.

I dont see the negative here... EA ACCESS is also available without Gold, so for literally $5 a month you get full access to the vault. I really hope this IS a trend, especially with the downfall of rental services. There was a bunch of games at the end of the last gen that I wanted to try, but didnt want to drop $70 on just to play. I know I am not in the minority.

Step 1: Xbox or PS?

SheldonAmy.jpg?42e955

Step 2: Start playing games on it. Take your console home and instead of playing it get going to the forums soldier! Defend that purchase!

Step 3: Force your opinion on everyone, don't be reasoned with and ignore all common complaints. You just bought the GOAT console and nothing can stop you!

Not really towards anyone here, but I thought of that picture after reading the kids on IGN go at it.

I cant disagree more, if this is successful then I HOPE other publishers follow suit. As long as the price point is in this same neighbourhood... I would gladly pay $90-100 a year for a netflix like access to big time games. If you were to purchase just 1 of those you are already nearly breaking even, and you get to play a ton more.

I dont see the negative here... EA ACCESS is also available without Gold, so for literally $5 a month you get full access to the vault. I really hope this IS a trend, especially with the downfall of rental services. There was a bunch of games at the end of the last gen that I wanted to try, but didnt want to drop $70 on just to play. I know I am not in the minority.

If the other publishers follow suit, then you'll be paying different prices to a bunch of them to have each of their games. They should really just throw them up on PS+ or Gold instead.

I'm with you on the rentals though. A lot of games you can beat in a week, so they're not worth the $70 at all. One of the main reasons I haven't played some of the Assassin's Creeds is because of that. Black Flag was different though. Worth the price on that one.

I'm still playing Black Flag now. It's fantastic. I can spend an hour just sailing the seas, ramming schooners, boarding brigs. It's immense fun, more so when you've collected loads of sea shanties :)

Black Flag is great.

I don't know what happened, but Revelations just seemed toned down from the first 3. 1, 2 and Brotherhood were great.

I played Revelations and never finished it. Skipped 3 as a Native for whatever reason, then went onto Black Flag.

Revelations was the only one that I stopped playing, which wasn't a problem for the other ones.

1 was immense, a complete game-changer.

2 was a huge improvement, although the story was less impressive.

Brotherhood had the most improvements and was the one I enjoyed the most.

Revelations was good but not a patch on the previous games, and because it took me longer to complete that I never got around to playing 3. I'm not fussed about that anyway, the whole Tomahawk thing never interested me.

The best part of this for PS4 owners is that they can pick up NHL15 on release day, set up their EASHL rookie, and not have to play against guys who are already legend because they paid more to get the jump on you.

...Other than those bastard boosters...

By the way, if you own FIFA, MADDEN, Battlefield, etc and are planning on getting EA Access.. go trade them in now. I just got 30$ for Fifa from EB that i put towards NHL, and am still playing it right now becuase its in the Vault for good.

Isn't NHL 15 going to be on EA access or is it just the early access that ends when the game is out?

They just announced that this will be replacing the Madden 15 demo, so probably the NHL one as well

Playstation doesn't have EA Access, so they don't get a Madden demo at all? Same probably goes for NHL.

Wow.

I don't see why it would completely replace the demo though. The demo is a lot less of a game than the Early Access. Demo only gives you 2 teams in NHL.

Has anyone else had issues playing Battlefield from the vault? I just got it last night and downloaded and played Fifa, but when I went to play Battlefield after installation it said I don't have the rights to play the game.

BF4 is fu****. I bought the physical disc and it thinks I have the rights to the game so I returned it 2 months ago and it still lets me play. It thinks I have a digital copy I guess.

Archived