The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Huge fireball meteor [ite] over Vancouver

Sorry for the bizarre "uncorking" ...but I've lived in a country near the Russian border. The Russian people I've met are ripe to believe almost any conspiracy theory. They have seen the inconceivable proven true, many times. They are rarely shocked. But, this has also given them either more open minds....or a staunch desire to close 'em more firmly. The process of supposition & in-turn more theoritical thought, can be a strength in society.

One theory not being put forth out there for the Dyatlov pass tragedy.. which occurred well before the global monitoring & recording of our night sky phenomena like we see today...may have been that an explosive-meteor caused them to flee,.. concussing them (nuclear force) givien that many of them had severe internal injuries. What transpired afterwards may have been the result of some severe delirium within the group, even the mental breakdwn of 1 or 2 of its members.,..as they struggled to explain what had happened to them in their very desperate fight to survive afterwards. Such a mystery!

But, if orbs or bright orange balls were witnessesed in the sky from a great distance away,...by random backwoods folks with little or no expertise in these things. Why not this,...as a starting point. I think the Russian people now believe this was some covert military experiment & that the students were duped into participating in it. Or, perhaps they were inadvertantly got caught up in it....not just sneaking-a-peek. Perhaps, the truth of the matter was revealed to them later by 1 or more conspirators within the group, & they fought amongst themselves. I believe that the Russian govt. & military of the time was very capable of experiments by treachery, as do the Russian people. It was the Cold War era & a time of the Gu-lags in Siberia. Human rights were a myth to them.

Sorry for going on, here. But - I was just putting the statement ..."can you imagine what these poor folks must have been thinking?"... into a context that you & others could appreciate. And as "to the credit of the people outside though, they seemed to take the whole thing in stride"...well they have been conditioned to be this way. That was my point.

I've lived in a country, near the Russian border. The Russian people I have met are ripe to believe almost any conspiracy theory. They have seen that the inconceivable has been proven to be true, many times. They are rarely shocked. But, this has also given them open minds. The process of supposition & in-turn more theoritical thought, can be a strength. One theory not put out for the Dyatlov pass tragedy.. which occurred well before the global monitoring of night sky phenomena that we see today...may have been that an exploding meteor causing them to flee, concussing them (nuclear force) givien that many of them had severe internal injuries. What transpired afterwards may have been the result of severe delirium within the group, even the mental breakdwn of 1 or 2 of its members.,..as they struggled to explain what had happened to them or in the desperate fight to survive afterwards.

Such as mystery! But, if orbs or bright orange balls were witnesses in the sky from a distance away,...by random folks with little expertise in these things. Why not this,...as a starting point. I think the Russian people believe this was some covert military experiment...that the students were duped into participating in. That it was revealed to them by a conspirator within the group afterwards & they fought amonst themselves afterward. I also believe that the govt. in charge at the time was very capable of experiements in a trecherous fashion, as do the Russian people. It was the Cold war era... & a time of the Gu-lags in Siberia. Human rights were a myth to them.

Sorry for going, here. I was just putting... "can you imagine what must these poor folks must have been thinking?"... into a context that you & others could appreciate. And as "to the credit of the people outside though, they seemed to take the whole thing in stride"...well they have been conditioned to be this way. That was my point.

UFOs - No

Exploding Meteorite(s) - No, they are way too loud not to be heard for many miles around. Some of the 1500 people who were treated two years ago were treated for blown out ear drums.

Soviet Military - Very Very possible. They did some really weird military and medical experiments back then. Hikers along a path in the mountains would be a perfect place to do it. Sound, like from LRAD weapons can have funky side effects. The military would also know how to cover it's own tracks in the snow.

• 2 months later...

Archived