The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US, Arab allies launch first wave of strikes in Syria

Bure to Mogilny

I don't know about that... Seems like they're all playing a game until someone gains power. Look no further to post Gadafii Libya...

Even in Libya there are people who genuinely want positive change. A lot of these views that the only alternatives are islamic militants or dictators are coming across as pretty racist.

Not sure why you're referring to the rebels as one homogenous group. There are moderate rebels who genuinely want positive change. I'm not sure where this notion that supporting "rebels" means supporting ISIS. Yes, ISIS is one type of rebel, but there are plenty of good guys in there too.

Yes. This Vice News video documents these good guys pretty well. The rebels they follow here are fairly moderate guys who want neither the Assad regime or ISIS in charge.

Skip to 13:05 to hear a rebel's rant. It is very level headed.

And go to 4:55 for some moderate Muslim humour.

Yes. This Vice News video documents these good guys pretty well. The rebels they follow here are fairly moderate guys who want neither the Assad regime or ISIS in charge.

Skip to 13:05 to hear a rebel's rant. It is very level headed.

And go to 4:55 for some moderate Muslim humour.

Again not to sure about that.. IMO it's all a charade till one of them gains power. Look at Saddam, Gadaffi they were all level headed in the beginning until absolute power made them corrupt and twisted.. They're just playing nice to gain support from the general populace. History suggests there aren't many revolutionaries that live up to their promises.

I mean I could be wrong... but I doubt drastic changes would occur..

Archived