The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Twin Peaks set to return in 2016

infinitecarnage

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s260/twin-peaks/feature/a601713/twin-peaks-returns-everything-we-know-so-far-about-season-3.html#~oSbC6zrUH63CpZ

The rumours were true, Twin Peaks is coming back to TV with nine brand new episodes.

Below is all the information we know so far, starting with snippets of information from Mark Frost's wide-ranging interviews with TVLine and Deadline and a few cheeky tweets.

We'll be adding more facts to this article as they arrive over the coming weeks and months.

1. It will return in 2016
"I'll see you again in 25 years," Laura Palmer promised in Red Room. Coincidence? "When you see it, you'll know," says Frost.

2. It will air on Showtime
"Showtime was the first and only [network] we spoke to about this... they loved the show," Frost adds.

3. It's a proper sequel
"It is not a remake. The story continues. The seeds of where we go were planted where we've been."

4. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me will not be ignored
Mark Frost was not involved in David Lynch's controversial 1992 prequel/sequel, but he thinks it will be part of the season three universe. "It's definitely part of the mythology of the show, and it reflects the work that was done before and it will have some bearing on the work as we go forward."

5. Some old cast will return
"Those who want to see old faces, and those would like to see new faces, none of them will be disappointed," promises Frost, without naming names. "We are going to keep that in mind as we start to work and hopefully everybody's story will get some attention."

Surely Kyle MacLachlan's Special Agent Dale Cooper will return? "I think you'll have the answer to that sooner rather than later," Frost says. MacLachlan has certainly made it seem likely.

Archived