The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL]Yakupov

To VAN:

Yakupov

To EDM:

Kassian

2016 1st

Edmonton wants to get bigger and they already have 3 fast scoring young guys in Hall, Eberle, and Nugent Hopkins. This trade would work out for both sides.

Thoughts?

They decline. If Edmonton tries trading Yak it will likely be for something a little more appealing than Kassian and a lower than first overall pick.

They would look for a solid defenseman for Yak or maybe a top 6 center before a winger.

Perhaps a young promising player like Lindholm that could help out in the back end or a veteran presence like E.Staal could help them down the middle.

A lot of possibilities if they do decide to trade him.

To be completely honest, I'm not all that interested in Yakupov. We already have a lot of young strong forwards vying for ice time, and Yakupov (although obviously held down by his team) has shown a lot of lapse in the defensive areas of the game (hence his abysmal +/- rating. I honestly would rather hold our 1st's and Kassian and allow them to develop rather than overburden our forward pool for a player that has shown a poor mind for defense on a Vancouver team already struggling defensively.

Nope, I wouldn't. Kassian has more value to us right now as is, that 2016 has more value as a pick or as part of a better package.

Yakupov would be better going to Montreal or Buffalo right now anyways, barring that of course Washington or Carolina. All of those teams can offer the Oilers the D man prospect + that they need for Yak, and Yak can flourish next to countrymen or former team mates in a faster skating east.

To be completely honest, I'm not all that interested in Yakupov. We already have a lot of young strong forwards vying for ice time, and Yakupov (although obviously held down by his team) has shown a lot of lapse in the defensive areas of the game (hence his abysmal +/- rating. I honestly would rather hold our 1st's and Kassian and allow them to develop rather than overburden our forward pool for a player that has shown a poor mind for defense on a Vancouver team already struggling defensively.

We're not struggling defensively

We're playing Kick-A$$ hockey

That involves being scored on a few times per game.

I'm no proponent of trading anyone at the moment, but I think Yak would be deadly if he were turned loose under WD's watch, he would probably be in heaven. and so would we.

Not that I'm complaining. two games in and I am totally satisfied with the on ice product.

But let Sestito in on the fun! Not to fight, but to jam the crease and throw the body around.

Are you serious? He plays for the oilers lol of course his +- iz low. Does that make Edler a horrible player? Remember he had the WORST +- of the NHL this year. Yak would be the exact player people thought he could be if he played under WD

Archived