The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obamacare architect admits deception used to pass law.

Bocivus

So now he's not your hero because he apologized? Must be devastating for you.

Check your sarcasm meter again. The man is a tool (in the insult sense), and his apology had as much depth as a Jackass movie.

HARRY REID BLAMES OBAMACARE FOR MIDTERM LOSSES: 'WE NEVER RECOVERED'

On Tuesday, Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) joined the growing group of Democrats who blame Obamacare for their party's electoral woes.

"We never recovered from the [Obamacare] rollout because the election became one that was directed toward the president. We couldn't overcome that," Reid told the New York Times. "I should have seen it coming."

Reid is the latest high profile Senate Democrat to blame the deeply unpopular Obamacare program for Democrats' historic midterm losses. Outgoing Sen. Tom Harkin (D-IA) said last week he wishes his party had passed nothing at all rather than be saddled with a "complex, convoluted" law that "still rewards the insurance companies extensively."

"We blew it," admitted Harkin. "I look back and say we should have either done it the correct way or not done anything at all."

Top Senate Democrat Chuck Schumer (D-NY) agrees, saying Obamacare has been a self-inflicted political wound for Democrats.

"Unfortunately, Democrats blew the opportunity the American people gave them,” Schumer said two weeks ago. “We took their mandate and put all of our focus on the wrong problem: health care reform.”

After being the law of the land for four years and eight months, Obamacare's approval rating stands at just 38%.

Obamacare will cost U.S. taxpayers $2.6 trillion over the next ten years.

freebuddy... given your logic in the Gruber thread, will you agree that Obamacare sucks now that top Dems are speaking out against it? Somehow I doubt it.

Check your sarcasm meter again. The man is a tool (in the insult sense), and his apology had as much depth as a Jackass movie.

Mr. A was the one who was touting him as the savior of the USA, talk to him about it.

freebuddy... given your logic in the Gruber thread, will you agree that Obamacare sucks now that top Dems are speaking out against it? Somehow I doubt it.

Compared to what, universal healthcare, Medicare for all? Those would be better, but for the people who couldn't get to insurance for things like pre-existing conditions, it's a godsend. The criticism with people like Reid is not Obamacare, but the ROLLOUT OF Obamcare ITSELF.

Mr. A was the one who was touting him as the savior of the USA, talk to him about it.

Compared to what, universal healthcare, Medicare for all? Those would be better, but for the people who couldn't get to insurance for things like pre-existing conditions, it's a godsend. The criticism with people like Reid is not Obamacare, but the ROLLOUT OF Obamcare ITSELF.

It's more than just the rollout. They had to lie about the law itself to get it passed. Unless passing the law is what you are considering as rollout.

If the law was so good for everyone, then they shouldn't have had to lie and mislead the people and their representatives. They did, and now they are getting their asses handed to them.

And, as for universal health care being better, well, I guess you just keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. If it was so good, then people from countries like Canada and the UK would not have to go elsewhere for ordinary treatment or purchase supplemental insurance. Waiting lines are a bitch. I've experienced both Canada and US health-care. I prefer it in the US. I would assume that those that cross into the US for treatment feel the same way.

It's more than just the rollout. They had to lie about the law itself to get it passed. Unless passing the law is what you are considering as rollout.

If the law was so good for everyone, then they shouldn't have had to lie and mislead the people and their representatives. They did, and now they are getting their asses handed to them.

And, as for universal health care being better, well, I guess you just keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. If it was so good, then people from countries like Canada and the UK would not have to go elsewhere for ordinary treatment or purchase supplemental insurance. Waiting lines are a bitch. I've experienced both Canada and US health-care. I prefer it in the US. I would assume that those that cross into the US for treatment feel the same way.

What "lie" did they tell to get it passed? So you would prefer a market-based U.S. system instead of what Canada has? You don't like the Canadian system at all?

Archived