The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obamacare architect admits deception used to pass law.

Bocivus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G790p0LcgbI

http://dailysignal.com/2014/11/09/caught-camera-obamacare-architect-admits-deceiving-americans-pass-law/

Regardless of how you feel about Obamacare, it is absolutely disgusting on how Gruber views the US citizens. Saying he relied on the "stupidity of the American voter" (Which, yes, most are rather uninformed) and utilizing the advantage of the nonexistent government transparency to pass a bill is huge slap in the face to the people. He says "I'd rather have the law than not". Well who is he but some mastermind statist that believes the state knows what's best for the individual? In essence, he's saying the people don't know what's best for themselves and that blatantly lying to the public to pass a law is acceptable. He goes on to say that it was written in a "tortured way so the CBO couldn't score the mandate as a tax." Funny thing is that exactly how it got passed through the US Supreme Court. As a tax.

People don't know what's best for them....and Dubya relied on the stupidity of voters to get elected..... twice.

The Republican's just took advantage of it in the mid-terms, just as the Tea Party has been doing since it's inception.

Plenty of dumb voters to go around.

It went through a court appeal...what more do you people want. Whether or not the program sucks or is bad for the economy, it passed through congress and was approved by the courts. There's no shady business here.

You're missing the point that the people were blatantly lied to in order to pass the law. And Chief Justice John Roberts legislated from the bench to re-write the law as a tax. That's not his job. He does not have the authority to make or change law but only to decide whether it'c constitutional so there definitely was shady business even though you can't see it right in front of you on the video.

People don't know what's best for them....and Dubya relied on the stupidity of voters to get elected..... twice.

The Republican's just took advantage of it in the mid-terms, just as the Tea Party has been doing since it's inception.

Plenty of dumb voters to go around.

I see you're an advocate of the government being mommy. And yes, there are stupid voters but that's not the point. The point is that the people were lied to and deceived so that the law would pass. And it's caught ON CAMERA. And KHF has the nerve to say there's no shady business.

I see you're an advocate of the government being mommy. And yes, there are stupid voters but that's not the point. The point is that the people were lied to and deceived so that the law would pass. And it's caught ON CAMERA. And KHF has the nerve to say there's no shady business.

I'm an advocate for people being smarter. Sadly it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon.

Also, it's not just American voters. 55% of BC voters pulled out guns and shot themselves in the foot when the HST was repealed.

I guess you can say Obamacare was one of the few things Obama promised and made good on, and it helped with a filibuster proof Congress. I'm not sure why the guy says deception needed to be used to pass it, it's not like Democrats would have voted the other way anyhow even if this was admitted in Feb 2009.

I think if anything this strengthens the already established case that you can't trust numbers the US government gives out when it comes to economic indicators via the CBO, regardless of party.

I'm an advocate for people being smarter. Sadly it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon.

Also, it's not just American voters. 55% of BC voters pulled out guns and shot themselves in the foot when the HST was repealed.

Agreed on that part.

I guess you can say Obamacare was one of the few things Obama promised and made good on, and it helped with a filibuster proof Congress. I'm not sure why the guy says deception needed to be used to pass it, it's not like Democrats would have voted the other way anyhow even if this was admitted in Feb 2009.

I think if anything this strengthens the already established case that you can't trust numbers the US government gives out when it comes to economic indicators via the CBO, regardless of party.

No doubt. That's part of his fundamental trasnformation.

Do the ends justify the means? Not for me to say. I would suggest that getting up in arms about the government lying to bring in Obamacare is less of travesty than the government lying about WMD's in to justify a proxy war in Iraq. But that's just my opinion, and I never promote lying.

And?

You're speaking of the country that legally voted in assembly to qualify Pizza as a vegetable.

The same country that stole billions or trillions from the taxpayer to float banks

The same country where when one politician doesn't like something he can hold the entire house hostage reading green eggs and ham and other dr seuss books...

This is nothing, but at least in the long run it has the potential to do a lot of good for the average american

Whatever. It's better than the conservative alternative which is to tell people to not get sick, and if you do, go die in a ditch. They have no alternative. That's been thoroughly demonstrated already by that buffoon Ted Cruz in his interview with Chris Cuomo months ago

It shames me he is/was a Canadian

Reading replies in this thread goes to show the stupidity is not limited to American voters. The design of the law was ORCHESTRATED to fool the public. Then idiot Feinstein pushing Congress to pass it to see what's in it. The whole thing was a sham.

Whatever. It's better than the conservative alternative which is to tell people to not get sick, and if you do, go die in a ditch.

If it's better, then why are there still millions of Americans without coverage, and why are millions of others paying more for the coverage they had, and why are people unable to keep their plan and/or doctors despite the numerous times Obama said they would be able to keep them?

I suppose you would be fine if Obama came up with a "special enhanced quarantine" plan to resolve the Ebola issue, then secretly have each Ebola patient killed. Solves the problem, right?

This is nothing, but at least in the long run it has the potential to do a lot of good for the average american

How? Maybe it has the potential to do some good for the "average american who has a pre-existing condition". But not only do all other taxpayers have to support them, but they also have their own health plans impacted. If the people feel the government needs to support those that were un-insured people, then why not set up a government program to help them out, WITHOUT ruining it for everyone else? And without being so deceitful about it. I thought one of the problems Obama was going to address after being elected to was to be more transparent, since Bush was so secretive. Horsecrap!

If single-payer health plans are so good, why do so many Canadians, Brits, and others get supplemental health coverage and/or go outside the country to get health care?

Are you happy that the government chooses what is best for your health care? Considering their (Canadian, American, whatever) track record for getting everything else right, you have to be insane to want to put your coverage in the hands of the government.

Reading replies in this thread goes to show the stupidity is not limited to American voters. The design of the law was ORCHESTRATED to fool the public. Then idiot Feinstein pushing Congress to pass it to see what's in it. The whole thing was a sham.

If it's better, then why are there still millions of Americans without coverage, and why are millions of others paying more for the coverage they had, and why are people unable to keep their plan and/or doctors despite the numerous times Obama said they would be able to keep them?

I suppose you would be fine if Obama came up with a "special enhanced quarantine" plan to resolve the Ebola issue, then secretly have each Ebola patient killed. Solves the problem, right?

How? Maybe it has the potential to do some good for the "average american who has a pre-existing condition". But not only do all other taxpayers have to support them, but they also have their own health plans impacted. If the people feel the government needs to support those that were un-insured people, then why not set up a government program to help them out, WITHOUT ruining it for everyone else? And without being so deceitful about it. I thought one of the problems Obama was going to address after being elected to was to be more transparent, since Bush was so secretive. Horsecrap!

If single-payer health plans are so good, why do so many Canadians, Brits, and others get supplemental health coverage and/or go outside the country to get health care?

Are you happy that the government chooses what is best for your health care? Considering their (Canadian, American, whatever) track record for getting everything else right, you have to be insane to want to put your coverage in the hands of the government.

It's working fine in Kentucky who has a democrat governor, in California, in Maryland. The reason it doesn't work in some states because it's being sabotaged; they don't want it to work. Some people choose to not get it precisely out of spite (conservatives). I know, I've argued with dimwits about this who claim that's exactly what they're doing. That's because it's a law with President Blackenstein's name on it. People whose rates may go up are almost all people who don't have employer based healthcare - the people who buy it themselves - which is about 10 to 14 million people. So it's a small percentage.

Are you somewhere in this clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwIn3BgVvHc

What??? I live in Maryland. I guess you missed the election results where a huge majority of voters are registered democrat and just voted in Hogan. A Reoublican. Not that I believe there's a difference between the two parties but it was a direct result of people hating Obamacare. There were billions of dollars wasted on Obamacare exchanges in Maryland alone and to think that was not a factor in getting rid of O'Mally's Lt GOV is flat out naive. You are wrong.

Another day, another example of private corporations lobbying politicians to make them money. The corporations being the ones involved in heath care and big Pharma. Companies profiting on death and diseases.

$$$$ is the reason. If you have it and there is a way to jump the cue, then that is what happens. If private heath care was THE BEST, then America should be /have been the best. They just spend the most.

Archived