The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] The Bruins would like to add some 'heaviness'

GMJB

Appearently Chiarelli was in Buffalo recently Chris Stewert maybe? I could see him improving on the Bruins http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/chiarelli-buffalo-bruins-scouting-stewart

Was thinking he would be the perfect fit on the top line right wing with big Lucic. Two 230 pounders who can skate in a straight line and plow everything in their way and score some goals.

He is a much better fit and should be less expensive than Nick Foligno. Plus he is black so maybe Boston fans will tone down their anti black player factions who like to hate on Subban and Joel Ward in the past.

The Canucks could desperately use one of their young defencemen. Krug and Hamilton may seem like untouchables right now, but Joe Morrow would be a sweet pick-up.

They'd probably love a guy like Kassian, Matthias (to replace Soderberg cheaply), Gaunce or Jensen, and Morrow would fit nicely in our prospect pool. Give him a 40-40 split in the AHL-NHL next season and slowly work Morrow into our top-4 with Edler, Tanev and Sbisa or Stanton.

I want Madison Bowey and the capitals need another potential #1 goalie.

Right hand shot with decent size can move the puck and is solid defensively with the capacity to play more physical as he matures.

2 way d-man not strictly an offensive or defensive guy. He is the type of player the Canucks like from their d. All rounders who are solid at both ends of the ice but are not standouts in one single area outside of Tanev who does not offer anything offensively but is a good shutdown guy.

Markstrom for Bowey with a pick thrown in maybe.

I want Madison Bowey and the capitals need another potential #1 goalie.

Right hand shot with decent size can move the puck and is solid defensively with the capacity to play more physical as he matures.

2 way d-man not strictly an offensive or defensive guy. He is the type of player the Canucks like from their d. All rounders who are solid at both ends of the ice but are not standouts in one single area outside of Tanev who does not offer anything offensively but is a good shutdown guy.

Markstrom for Bowey with a pick thrown in maybe.

I desperately wanted 1st Pullock, 2knd Bowey in that draft.

I'm not saying we should have taken Bowey instead of Shinkaruk in that draft. But I sure do think about it from time to time. I wanted a stud D man.

Key point being he would be a good pickup!

Like in another post; chances are whether or not they can re-sign Green in the off season will go a long way as to whether young guys like Orlov or Bowey come available.

I desperately wanted 1st Pullock, 2knd Bowey in that draft.

I'm not saying we should have taken Bowey instead of Shinkaruk in that draft. But I sure do think about it from time to time. I wanted a stud D man.

Key point being he would be a good pickup!

Like in another post; chances are whether or not they can re-sign Green in the off season will go a long way as to whether young guys like Orlov or Bowey come available.

I would rather have him over Shinkaruk I kept waiting to see who would take and was suprised Washington was able to get him in the second round after drafting Burakovsky who is already contributing.

Good right hand shot d's are hard to find. But Mike Green used to like his game before all the injuries. Now he is a shell of himself and still is worse than Bieksa in the d-zone.

I would avoid Green at all costs. Injury prone and terrible defensively. Only way you sign him is if he is paired with a reliable defensive left hand dman like Hamhuis and even then his contract demands may be too much.

I could see Edmonton throwing some dough at him to try to help their depleted d. Green is an Alberta guy after all.

Archived