The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Rangers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Or put it another way: if Hamhuis is your best defenceman then you are not going anywhere. Compare Hamhuis to Doughty, Keith, Suter...

Exactly. ..hamhuis is a good dman and when compared to the rest of our dcore he looks great - mostly due to his consistency.

But.

He is an aged version of hamhuis now and compared to dman around the league on contending teams he is second pairing at best.

Imo hes an older version of tanev. Smart, consistent but zero offense and zero physicality.

Didn't watch the game, saw the highlights, not much to say really. From what I saw you couldn't blame Miller. Three 3 on 1's in the first ten minutes? After the first two, you would have though the D would have thought about pinching as it seemed it didn't work last night.

Anyone else absolutely HATE this Strombo post game stuff? Snoozefest.

Agreed..I dont wanna hate. He seems like a good guy and from all accounts is but I literally see no point to his "job"

Its like an afternoon talk show format. Its obvious he hadnt got the tequired hockey knowledge and his predictable lobs for response are just grating..I hate to say it but he reduces the credibility of the whole production.

I dont want to watch oprah do sports. I want to listen to guys shoot the crap about hockey like they know what theyre talking about.

And hipsters suck.

Me! Me! (But I thought I was the only one.)

Stombo is way too cool for me. Give me a good hockey nerd any day. Strombo is absolutely the wrong guy for this job. And I get the sense that the other guys on the panel are kind of humoring him -- which makes the whole thing painful.

I feel your pain... too hip, too groovy, lightweight talk show host better suited for ET Canada or the like. Painfully miscast imo.

Desjardins said the first 10 mins on Sat were the worst. He's tweaking the system, wants to utilize talent better. pic.twitter.com/ZhcE6Lf5Tb
B5ATmmtCUAEBDMX.jpg
"I'm intense, so even if we lose one game, that's not how it's going to be. We're not trending the right way, but we will be" - Desjardins

I like your enthusiasm but I think were a few years away from competing in the playoffs, I think the odds are good we make the playoffs but don't think we will be a threat of any kind. If one of us is wrong I'd like it to be me but I just don't see it.

I admit I always have homer glasses on to AN EXTENT.

But I really believe in this team. I think the problems we've had this year are just part of growing as a team. The 2011 team didn't sail smoothly into the scf either and neither will this team.

New coach and new system means it won't be pretty right off that bat. But considering all that, they've done great.

And @ Asian : I'll be my life the twins would have the best series in their careers if they had to match up vs kesler and the ducks. Who do you think is more proud? The twins or kesler? Who has more heart and soul? Who doesn't give up on their team? The twins will outplay kesler in a series and I'm willing to bet everything I own on it.

"This team will be ready to compete come playoff time." If only they can make the playoffs.

"We're one of the only 2 teams that can beat Anaheim." The only team that can beat Anahiem is the team that beat them last year. Regular season is a little diferent, let's just say. Anaheim did not get Kesler so they can beat the Canucks. The Canucks are not on their radar.

Well it'll be a shame for Anaheim when we knock them out of contention, won't it!

Archived