The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Rangers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

WD got out-coached by a veteran with intimate knowledge of the core of this team. This will be a learning experience. Losing streaks happen to every team and still may even get a bit worse before they work themselves out of it, but I have faith in the good hockey people now running this team. Some changes will be made, but they will be patient and not overreact & will keep to the plan they have.

Defense was awful. Forwards were awful. Goaltending was bad.

The super optimists that think the Canucks should make a push for the Finals probably got a cold cup of coffee tonight, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, tempered expectations lead to the path of wisdom.

All of that being said, if you think you can get through a 82 game schedule without a losing streak or two, you are just kidding yourself. This team isn't as good as some of you might think....BUT, it also isn't as bad as some of you may think.

Regroup and get ready for the next one. it's all we can do.

Canucks are settling into what most thought they would be...a team fighting for a playoff spot.

The team's not a cup contender...they made us believe for a few weeks that they were among the top echelon of teams, but the prediction among all prognosticators was that they would be battling for one of the bottom playoff spots. They're right on target.

Canucks are good...they're not great. This is year 1 of a two to three year overhaul. IMO, the Canucks are right on schedule.

huzzah! sanity!

this is that regression I was all buzzkilly with recently - gentle reminder to the masses, it's not a good thing to have a rookie at the top of the league in shooting % or a goalie leading in wins but trailing in save %.

Vey, Miller, Bonino, all coming back down to earth. The good news is they punched above their weight for a bit, now they're getting punched in the junk a bit ... should even out soon.

The D is a different story though and that's what really worries me. Even w/ Hammer they were questionably constructed.

I need better drugs.

It helps!

I'm still waiting for the day when this organization, stops being so afraid to hurt players feelings. Sure you can't expect a player to be perfect for a whole season. But Jesus Murphy, the world would not end if you actually made a player a healthy scratch for a game or two. Whether it be a Bonino, Bieksa, or Weber. That being said I'm starting to think that Weber is going to be our new Aaron Rome, loved by the coaching staff through thick and thin. I'd rather have Corrado in the line-up making a few mistakes here and there, he at least has potential to become a solid player in this league.

I also think it is time for Miller to take a few games off, and let Lack take the wheel for awhile.

Vigs picked this team apart. no other way to put it. 2 games in a row where the rags had their way with us. i was watching this game from work, since there was no real reason for me to be there to support our 4th line in the kitchen

idk how many odd-man rushes there were against the canucks in the first period, but the first time i looked it was 2-0, then after the first dinner rush, i looked up, the first period ended and the team was dead. i called that it was "one of those games" where we lost big, and by God, I was right

i honestly don't know what is up with this team, how it can be so predictable how a game will go after the first period. i called a "6-0" loss after the first period. i wasn't being a downer, i was being realistic, and i was almost right. we lost big, again.

our biggest issue is the back end. as much as you people want to praise hamhuis and tanev and stanton and i guess corrado for how effective defensemen they are, this team has absolutely no offensive threat on the backend at all. weber is not that guy, and i want that guy out. i've had enough of him shooting blanks, for how he's built on having some kind of offensive nose. i'm not buying it, and never did-- same with garrison. ehrhoff was the last guy who was on the backend who was a threat 5-5 or on the PP. need another guy like that

only the bottom 4 teams in the western conference have allowed more goals than us, when those are the only teams in the conference you're beating for goals against then you're doing it wrong.

Those teams aren't missing their best defenceman.

These stats are not mediocre. They are unacceptable if we want to win a round of the playoffs.

They are unacceptable if we want to be in the playoffs, nevermind winning any rounds. Those stats are barely acceptable for a goalie making the league minimum, they are cringe-worthy for a guy making 6 mil.

Archived