The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Capgeek.com is now shutdown

AriGold

Why are you even curious anyways? It's his life and he deserves his privacy. I don't care what happened to him, I just hope he feels better and the site gets back up.

Best wishes to Mr. Wuest. I hope capgeek will be back soon.

Curiosity because shutting the site down was very abrupt and his reason for doing so was weird and will just lead to more questions. Also the request for no purchase inquiries was also odd. I understand privacy but in most cases the cause of the health issue is announced and then they request privacy. Like when Gordie Howe had his stroke. They don't hide that he had a stroke but announce it and then say they request privacy now.

That seems really weird why would you just shut it down and not want to sell it? It's literally free money that he's throwing away

Yea I don't understand that at all.

The guy is probably well off enough that the profit from selling a site like that wouldn't make a difference for him?

Regardless, that's too bad. Hope he makes a recovery.

Cough Cough NHL.......

That's the problem. There aren't many who are going to put too much time and effort into making a fantastic salary cap website, knowing that at any moment the NHL could get their crap together and make their own. There could then be legal issues to deal with.

Wow am I ever late to this party. Anyway, I don't understand why they couldn't arrange for other caretakers to take over the website, it seems pretty extreme to close down a popular website with thousands of users seemingly out of the blue due to one person's health? Anyway, it's a shame to see it go, and hopefully another site can match the quality it gave or it can be resurrected somehow.

Archived