The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Capgeek.com is now shutdown

AriGold

Why wouldn't he at least sell the website?

Because a. It's his legacy that he may not want someone else to F up; or b. He's hoping to regain health and continue.

Unfortunate the site is down but more unfortunate to hear about the health issues.

Although unrelated, it's a shame that both Capgeek and ExtraSkater have gone down in less than a calendar year. Two large databases of information on stats and numbers beyond goals and assists.

Thanks for those who mentioned nhlnumbers.

If anyone has the time and inclination, there are a few things I could get from capgeek that I'm not noticing on nhlnumbers.

One is which contracts have been deferred for a year as the players are in junior.

Another is whether a player has a nmc or ntc, full or modified.

A third is minor league salary when a player is on a 2-way contract.

If anybody has time, am I missing where to find those things on nhlnumbers?

Thanks.

t

I only ever used NHLnumbers anyways, nbd.

Same. I never really liked going onto CapGeek, and I never used it because I found nhlnumbers easier.. Besides, every time I read posts and topics here on CDC, all I see are people posting crap from about potential lineups and salaries and that just irked me the wrong way.

1 / 1,000,000

2 / 1,000,000 if you include me I guess.

Same. I never really liked going onto CapGeek, and I never used it because I found nhlnumbers easier.. Besides, every time I read posts and topics here on CDC, all I see are people posting crap from about potential lineups and salaries and that just irked me the wrong way.

2 / 1,000,000 if you include me I guess.

I think 1/1,000,000 was referencing the quality of the post.

Damn shocking news. Such a great site. I'm curious what his health reasons are and for him to request privacy and for the media not to inquire is a bit suspicious. Leads me to believe it's not something like cancer or a car accident and more along the lines of a drug addiction, depression or something like that as there's no reason to request privacy on the cause of the health issue in normal circumstances.

Damn shocking news. Such a great site. I'm curious what his health reasons are and for him to request privacy and for the media not to inquire is a bit suspicious. Leads me to believe it's not something like cancer or a car accident and more along the lines of a drug addiction, depression or something like that as there's no reason to request privacy on the cause of the health issue in normal circumstances.

I'll tell you why. Did you ever go to school with a cast on and every student asks what happened, an eventually you just stop telling people cause you keep getting asked and it's annoying? He probably feels like crap and wants some rest without people bugging him about it.

Why are you even curious anyways? It's his life and he deserves his privacy. I don't care what happened to him, I just hope he feels better and the site gets back up.

Best wishes to Mr. Wuest. I hope capgeek will be back soon.

Archived