The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Vancouver-Buffalo (Grigorenko)

Wouldn't mind Grigorenko but I'd love me some Sam Reinhart (dreaming).

It won't happen in this lifetime. B) Reinhart isn't a generational player, but that kid is going to be an excellent player. I hope that he has been bulking up like Murray told him that he has to do. I don't know if anybody else here noticed anything but I couldn't tell by looking at him during the world juniors.

Horvat for Ennis, straight up.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Higgens Ennis Burrows

Matthias Bonino Kassian

Dorsett Richardson Hansen.

Not gonna happen, plus the Canucks need size as much as they need skill, and Ennis being 5' 9" 77Kg won't help in that department.

.......orrrrrr the Canucks can just wait until Grigorenko becomes a restricted free agent after the season is over and offer him more money than everybody else. Then the Canucks would get him for free. If they traded for him now, he would basically be a rental.

Are you serious???

It won't happen in this lifetime. B) Reinhart isn't a generational player, but that kid is going to be an excellent player. I hope that he has been bulking up like Murray told him that he has to do. I don't know if anybody else here noticed anything but I couldn't tell by looking at him during the world juniors.

Here goes this idiot again, thinking he knows everything about generational players.

:picard:

Here goes this idiot again, thinking he knows everything about generational players.

Here goes this moron who probably saw 1 or 2 of Reinhart's games in the NHL, but will say that he saw them all. :picard:

Also, you're still an immature misogynistic putz for having this quote in your profile for the last year.

"Message to Women:IF YOU WEAR BIG GLASSES. YOU UGLY!!!!!!!!!!

See, I can play the as*hole card just like you.

By the way dipsh*t, if you read the board people actually agree with me about McDavid. Hockey professionals are calling him a generational player and neither of us has the clout to agree or disagree with them. Contrary to popular belief, being a poster on CDC does not make somebody an expert on everything hockey. Being employed and being around the game 12 hours a day while getting paid for your input usually does.

.......orrrrrr the Canucks can just wait until Grigorenko becomes a restricted free agent after the season is over and offer him more money than everybody else. Then the Canucks would get him for free. If they traded for him now, he would basically be a rental.

not sure if you're just trolling, being sarcastic or have no idea what you're talking about. If he's going to be a restricted FA, the Canucks can't just sign him for "free". They would have to put in an offer sheet and Buffalo has the option of matching any offer sheet. Should the Sabres decide not to match, it would cost the Canucks draft picks. Buffalo controls his rights, that's why it's called a restricted FA not unrestricted. If somehow the Canucks do acquire him in a trade, he would not be a rental. I think you're confused between restricted and unrestricted free agents

not sure if you're just trolling or have no idea what you're talking about. If he's going to be a restricted FA, the Canucks can't just sign him for "free". They would have to put in an offer sheet and Buffalo has the option of matching any offer sheet. Should the Sabres decide not to match, it would cost the Canucks draft picks. Buffalo controls his rights, that's why it's called a restricted FA not unrestricted. If somehow the Canucks do acquire him in a trade, he would not be a rental. I think you're confused between restricted and unrestricted free agents

Read the thread, I already admitted my mistake/brain fart. It happens to the best of us.

@SabreFan1: Higgins, Lack and Jensen for Grigs wasnt an actual attempt at a proposal. It was just a rough idea. Quite frankly im not sure what Buffalo would want for Grigorenko. All i know is that Canucks could use him and he is somewhat attainable, unlike Reinhart or their 1st this year.

I think Grigorenko could be worth something, especially if he gets the right coaching and management immediately. Look at Yak in Edmonton for what not to do. Since Grigs wouldn't help this year, why not wait to see if Buff qualifies him? If they do, then you can make a trade. If not, he's a UFA which is all the better.

@SabreFan1: Higgins, Lack and Jensen for Grigs wasnt an actual attempt at a proposal. It was just a rough idea. Quite frankly im not sure what Buffalo would want for Grigorenko. All i know is that Canucks could use him and he is somewhat attainable, unlike Reinhart or their 1st this year.

I have no idea what the Sabres would want for him either to be honest. That's why I haven't commented on proposals regarding just him. I think he could be had at a reasonable cost though. If I were Murray, I'd take a middle (40-45) 2015 2nd round pick for him.

I think Grigorenko could be worth something, especially if he gets the right coaching and management immediately. Look at Yak in Edmonton for what not to do. Since Grigs wouldn't help this year, why not wait to see if Buff qualifies him? If they do, then you can make a trade. If not, he's a UFA which is all the better.

He would be an RFA. I had a brain fart and forgot about the compensatory pick. I must be contagious. :lol:

Oh I did read the op and you are the one acting like an azz. At least you admitted you know very little about Buffalo, if you did know more about you would realize they don't need a borderline starting goalie as their is rumours they themselves are looking to trade a goalie and as for Higgins, well that makes no sense for Buffalo. Now you mention Jensen, ok fair enough but I think I would rather keep our own prospect then trade him for Buffalo's underachieving prospect. So ya I don't think this trade makes sense. Ken has some very good proposals unfortunately I don't think this is one of them.

Fair enough. Apologies for the comment. I shouldn't post at 2:30 in the morning. I read your comment differently than you had probably intended.

I read through a lot of these when I'm on here and people seem to use trades they don't like as a way to attack or insult other posters. Bad interpretation on my part. :picard:

Yep. I completely forgot about the compensatory pick. He's not worth a 2015 1st rounder, but he is definitely worth a 2015 medium-low 2nd rounder. He got screwed bad by Darcy Regier when he came here. Regier set his development back a couple of years. The saving grace for Grigs is that, because of Regier's incompetence he'll be making excellent money starting next year in comparison to what he's currently making on his ELC.

To put things in perspective, he was drafted two spots ahead of Girgensons and Girgensons is doing great because he was brought through the system the correct way. I would bet that Grigs would prefer a chance with another team if the opportunity presented itself.

I'd guess he's ready for a new start as well, and not only for the way he's been developed/treated so far. The depth they have ahead of him at center for the future and their immediate prospects at winning games likely would factor in as well.

The only question for prospective teams is whether he'll be able to gain some of the potential he was touted for before his development got stunted by being rushed. His underlying stats have some positives (more hits this year, good face off percentage, etc. despite playing a less offensive role) but it's nice to have the opinion of someone who has likely watched him closer than I have.

Horvat for Ennis, straight up.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Higgens Ennis Burrows

Matthias Bonino Kassian

Dorsett Richardson Hansen.

:sick::sadno:

You might want to save that facepalm for yourself. There wasn't anything wrong with his post but I can see a lot wrong with this particular one of yours.

Archived