The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Draft Eligible] Matthew Barzal

Odd.

:picard: He's a sure fire top 10 pick. I doubt he drops below 8

Don't need the facepalm, its not like I said Canucks can pick him at 23. A player can drop from 8-16 and nobody would bat an eye. Mid-teens is 14-17. There are a lot of players this year than can be in the top 10 lists on different teams.

• 1 month later...

who would you trade for him then?

It's not who I would trade for him, it's who I wouldn't. We're not getting a top ten pick in this years draft without sending quality the other way.

That means Horvat or Virtanen would HAVE to be included. Hence no dice, Benning would never let those two go.

It's not who I would trade for him, it's who I wouldn't. We're not getting a top ten pick in this years draft without sending quality the other way.

That means Horvat or Virtanen would HAVE to be included. Hence no dice, Benning would never let those two go.

I see, I agree I wouldn't let those to guys go either. I really wish we could get Barzal though. That would be my perfect draft weekend for me.

• 2 months later...

How's barzal doing? Any update on him?

I wonder if he will make the big club this year. I'm really hoping he can but if he doesn't it's probably because of his weight.

He'll probably spend at least another year in juniors.

He has looked exceptional in every game preseason game. His style of play has translated very well and has definitely turned heads on both sides of the puck. NHL level speed and vision are already in his repetoir, just needs to bulk up a bit so he can rough and tumble with the checking lines that will inevitably get thrown his way.

Still needs to learn when to shoot over pass but I'm a sucker for possession so I couldn't care less if he never takes a shot in his career.

He'll probably spend at least another year in juniors.

He has looked exceptional in every game preseason game. His style of play has translated very well and has definitely turned heads on both sides of the puck. NHL level speed and vision are already in his repetoir, just needs to bulk up a bit so he can rough and tumble with the checking lines that will inevitably get thrown his way.

Still needs to learn when to shoot over pass but I'm a sucker for possession so I couldn't care less if he never takes a shot in his career.

This is really good news, thanks for the information :) and yeah I'm a sucker for possession too. There is nobody more fun to watch then a playmaker ;)

Archived