The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Logan Couture Breaks Down Some of the Elite Centers in the NHL

That "anchor" has had more points than Henrik for most of this season.

True, but most of it comes as a product of Vrbata and Hank doing their magic.

Daniel has been better this season then the last (and the sj playoffs where he was able to ger points but looked brutal) but still doesnt look the same and seems to bring down the line at times.

For a 25 year old with 6 seasons under his belt, he sure does know a lot about the players. Was very impressed with his take on Henrik cause believe it or not there are still teams that haven't figured out the sedins yet and which Henrik does very well against most of the time (Oilers,Flyers, Red Wings, Sens) and this guy unlike them understands the most important thing is to not leave a hole for them to pass. The oilers still don't know that even after playing Henrik more then Couture has (wayy more)

http://zippy.gfycat.com/PoshPotableHalibut.webm

Was a nice read, I was pleasantly surprised to see him mention Henrik. We've been so spoiled having the Sedin twins.

I can't see anyone currently in our system replacing them in terms of point production.

We are kind of like Pittsburgh minus the cups; we have been spoiled with superstar players Bure and the sedins(They had Jagr-Lemuix, and Crosby-Malkin; man Jagr is old). And when we don't have superstar players our market is similar to the Pittsburgh market (it wasn't in the Naslund era but something changed now that we have had the success we had, cause fans realize now what type of calibre players you need to get a chance at the cup and if those players aren't on the team, our seats start to empty). I hate to agree with leaf fans but they are right when they say the majority of our fans are band wagoners.

Bandwagoning though is not fun imo. The reason that made 2011 so enjoyable for me was that I got to see the entire core form (I started watching Hockey in 01/02) so saw the sedins, burrows, kesler, luongo, bieksa, edler, salo all grow as players to eventually reach their pinnacle from 2009/2010-2011/2012. The reason I put lu on there is because as a team that had average goaltending (sorry cloutier fans, but he was average at best) you truly got to admire lu for his work.

Archived