The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should we Re-sign Shawn Matthias

Outsiders

339 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One shift off of the Vey line in tonight's game; one goal. Every other shift on the Vey/Dorsett line.

Come on guys, it's obvious why he hasn't been scoring, you don't score on the Vey line.

Funny, when Dorsett had his breakaway in the first period it was Vey that helped set that up. Might want to ease off the Vey haterade. I really want the Canucks to re-sign Matthias.

Does ya think Shawn Matthias could one day be to the Canucks' what Jeff Carter is to the LA Kings? Could his game still be evolving at that rate?

Just my opinion, but no. Carter both presently and pretty much throughout his career so far has played at a very high level, one which it would be very surprising to see Matthias ever achieve.

Does ya think Shawn Matthias could one day be to the Canucks' what Jeff Carter is to the LA Kings? Could his game still be evolving at that rate?

I think Jeff Carter may be a little beyond Matthias but still am impressed with what he has accomplished this year with mostly third/fourth line minutes, fourth line, linemates and no powerplay. Have no trouble believing he can be a 20 goal per year scorer for the next four to five seasons though.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to see Mathias in the playoffs. I don't think he has ever experienced playoff hockey.However, I might be wrong, but I do hope Mathias picks it up and earns himself a contract for next year. If he has a decent playoffs and show he can go back to his scoring ways than I would definitely hope we resign him. Otherwise, we got a Griener and Jensen who can slot in next year for cheap.

Archived